Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Certainly! The occupants in a normal XF would all (hopefully) be alive :pac:

Driver was very much alive, at least appeared so, maybe I'll go and double-check ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

that's an XJ by the way - one of my fav. cars- what a way to go !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

A blue Clio V6 on the N7 yesterday. Dat Azzz :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Substantially different??? the only difference is that the normal Golf has fog lights whereas the R doesn't. Apart from that and the badging on the front you'd be forgiven for thinking they were the same car!
    millington wrote: »
    The side grills on the bumper are bigger and have the split in them and they have the cutouts behind the side grills too. To me, it's a fairly noticable difference.

Looks pretty similar to me. Not saying exact, but it has the spoiler, has the bumper (albiet without quad exhaust and a different rear split) and the side skirts. It's as close as you'll get.

All in saying is in my opinion, I don't agree with having kits like this on stock cars. Saw it in person, a stock Golf looks silly with tiny brake discs and big wheels.

Back in the day you were a ricer if you had a WRX STI bodykit on a stock 1.6 FWD 100bhp Impreza. Guess things change. Yes. It does look nice, there's no doubting that. I just think it takes away from the exclusivity.

UIOSObJ.jpg

xrqDnhg.jpg?1

NDV4Ugv.jpg

NYDoJuN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

You could be forgiven for taking one as the other at a glance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yeah I'd be pretty pissed if I owned a Golf R and my next door neighbour bought a 1.2 R-Line. :p

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

el diablo wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be pretty pissed if I owned a Golf R and my next door neighbour bought a 1.2 R-Line. :p

Kind of think this is the appeal of the Golf R - if you want the neighbours to be impressed buy a Focus RS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

blingrhino wrote: »
    Kind of think this is the appeal of the Golf R - if you want the neighbours to be impressed buy a Focus RS.

The diesel version right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I was :o

I thought the rs want a regular I the line up, didn't they skip it or not have one every model year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I dont mind a lad doing that to his car. Probably his first so looking to make it his own. But mostly i think" that poor bastard is being fleeced for insurance, imagine what he'd have if he didnt have to fork out the price of the car every 12 months".

It's grand if you want to make it look different but what's the point in putting a GTI badge on it when it's not a GTI. Not as bad as the saps who put Audi RS4 badges on their cars though when it's plain to anyone that it's a 1.9 tdi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Effects wrote: »
    I dont mind a lad doing that to his car. Probably his first so looking to make it his own. But mostly i think" that poor bastard is being fleeced for insurance, imagine what he'd have if he didnt have to fork out the price of the car every 12 months".

It's grand if you want to make it look different but what's the point in putting a GTI badge on it when it's not a GTI. Not as bad as the saps who put Audi RS4 badges on their cars though when it's plain to anyone that it's a 1.9 tdi.
    To you and I, and indeed most people who surf these pages, yes. It's very obvious. To everyone else, who don't give a toss, the cars look like the real article, because that's what they read on the bootlid. 
    I agree with you on the TDI brigade  - but lets face it. Most people don't know, or care.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Saw an Audi rs 4 08 white aftermarket plates.

171 blue Alfa guila and it wejt by too quickly but a porsche which kinda looked like a 911, but at the same time looked too different to be one and had a big wing on it unlike the duck tail spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Saw an Audi rs 4 08 white aftermarket plates.

171 blue Alfa guila and it wejt by too quickly but a porsche which kinda looked like a 911, but at the same time looked too different to be one and had a big wing on it unlike the duck tail spoiler.

Probably a 911 GT3 then

Something like this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99479700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Effects wrote:

I remember i put 2 hellas under the front bumper of my corolla just to make it look like a twin cam. I agree the TDI brigade with their booboxes make me laugh but even still, weren't we all young once?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Effects wrote: »
    It's grand if you want to make it look different but what's the point in putting a GTI badge on it when it's not a GTI.

Its not the worst decision-making I have seen done to the car ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

White Bentayga in Rathmines earlier today. I like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Carpentry wrote: »
    Its not the worst decision-making I have seen done to the car ...

It's claiming it's something it's not, rather than just poor decision making!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

White Bentayga in Rathmines earlier today. I like them.

I like em too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Nothing as interesting as above but interesting to me nonetheless.

Jap corolla spotted in tipp, lovely suspension set up lol.

67547083-2CFA-4928-A934-F9277F774198_zpsyd2v27tf.jpg

Woman washing and polishing her charade in limerick.

14F8AFA1-E32A-4F06-95E4-66B1B144D03F_zpsbm8iwwsq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

would the people who think the Bentayga in white looks well please go to spec. savers . lol
    give me a Audi SQ7 and a Porsche 911 anyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Nothing as interesting as above but interesting to me nonetheless.

Jap corolla spotted in tipp, lovely suspension set up lol.

Pretty sure that Corolla is 4wd?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Pretty sure that Corolla is 4wd?

There's so many jap variants I wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

There's so many jap variants I wouldn't know.

You should have got down on all fours and looked to see if there was a diff on the back. :eek: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NeilMcGrane

Wm6hKALl.jpgQmmz8t3l.jpg

OPiXUH2l.jpgiO7lYZ4l.jpg

6ykduTxl.jpgRDjY41tl.jpg

qKepuFFl.jpgO4v8Nd8l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

That Q7 is as bad as the golf posted recently for faking the funk with the badges imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

tossy wrote: »
    That Q7 is as bad as the golf posted recently for faking the funk with the badges imo.

Does it actually say R8Q7?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

tossy wrote: »

Is it not an actual RSQ7?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Does it actually say R8Q7?
    RSQ7 surely? Pretty sure theres no such thing but im open to correction.

On a slightly similar note I saw a 3.6 liter Q7 recently... It was however on the back of a recovery truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

There is such a thing as an SQ7 and SQ5 but I'm not sure about RS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

It's neither an RS or S Q7, there was no SQ7 in that shape, it's most likely a 3.0 TDI.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement