Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭M S E

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Gowran festival of speed

Saw Stavros Lynch at Gowran today so hopefully there will be a video about it on his YouTube channel in the next few days.

https://www.youtube.com/user/stavros969

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

List of entrants for Cannonball so far is put up, hate to be negative but it seems like the same cars generally as last year. Hopefully they get a few more interesting cars on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

Driving so no pics.

Brilliant weather went down to Glendalough...

BMW M5 UK reg, FoST UK, 132 WX RS4, some kind of tuned old Golf GTI + Honda type R some kids met up with them in the car park.

Few other nice cars about for the weather down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

That 'rs7' lol

tossy wrote: »
    That 'rs7' lol

I`d imagine its somewhat convincing right until he fires her up and wham........three litre daysul boi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

List of entrants for Cannonball so far is put up, hate to be negative but it seems like the same cars generally as last year. Hopefully they get a few more interesting cars on board.

Its like Goldrush in the US. Same folks every year, some of which are just looking for some attention and IG likes. (And yes, before anyone asks, I've had the privilege of being on Goldrush and Bullrun) Honestly, the Cannonball whilst I admire their efforts and what they created, its seriously tame and a bit naff. It has no point. At least in Goldrush or Royal Rally they navigate or go to a race track during the event. Its more car focused. These guys just go point to point and roll into each town as if they accomplished something. I don't get it besides the charity element.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Alfajeep_zps5odciptb.jpg

German Alfa jeepthing, (never knew they made these)on the N4 near Lucan looked well.

DSG_zpsm44jdpmk.jpg

Then Citroen Dsg going back later the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭goochy

remember its not a citroen !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The Alfa stelvio is fairly new to the market and j seriously doubt we will be seeing any Irish ones on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Shpudnik wrote: »
    San an Infiniti yesterday near Ennis. Must be pretty rare in Ireland. Not sure on the model as it was coming out a driveway but if guess it was a Q50

Saw another one today in Foynes. I'm registration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Seen a 1979 Jeep Cherokee "Quadra-trac". 5.9L with 3-speed prundle running on LPG and a few patches of rust at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Shpudnik wrote: »
    Saw another one today in Foynes. I'm registration.

Saw a Black Q50 in Waterford today, they are all over the place :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

AMG C63s

93BFA3CA-5F55-4A23-9ED2-092761589294.jpg

ACD33812-8225-4856-BD28-3ADB01D34200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Another day on the N4:)

VW%20Van_zpsdaiytiui.jpg

Looking and sounding well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

tossy wrote: »
    That 'rs7' lol

I don't get people over badging a car... anyone that knows what an RS7 is will know that a 3.0 TDI isn't one. Anyone that can't tell the difference won't give a ****... so who are they trying to impress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

mloc123 wrote: »
    I don't get people over badging a car... anyone that knows what an RS7 is will know that a 3.0 TDI isn't one. Anyone that can't tell the difference won't give a ****... so who are they trying to impress.

In fairness that A7 has more than just a badge. It has the correct bodykit, wheels, exhaust and rear valance.

It must've cost a fortune to get it looking that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

In fairness that A7 has more than just a badge. It has the correct bodykit, wheels, exhaust and rear valance.

It must've cost a fortune to get it looking that way.

And for what? When someone says to you "that's a lovely RS7 mister", what do you say? What if they ask to hear it??

And for what? When someone says to you "that's a lovely RS7 mister", what do you say? What if they ask to hear it??

One could say, "Thanks", or "Thanks but it's not an actual RS7 I just like the RS look so I got the kit fitted" or "It's actually a 3.0 V6 TDI with RS7 kit so it's got all the nice RS look but not the ridiculous tax".

It's no different to any modification someone does to their car, it's their own business.

There are people on this forum who slag off cars for being "boring" or "ubiquitous" and you've people who slag off cars that are modified.

It's snobbery and it's stoopid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

It's pretentious is what it is. Snobbery would be laughing at a 3.0 TDI for being a diesel or only 3000cc.
    Had an RS4 choking me to death behind him on Sunday with diesel exhaust fumes, even though it looked well it was pretentious and well, stoopid.

Best site for hosting images on S6?

It's pretentious is what it is. Snobbery would be laughing at a 3.0 TDI for being a diesel or only 3000cc.
    Had an RS4 choking me to death behind him on Sunday with diesel exhaust fumes, even though it looked well it was pretentious and well, stoopid.

Best site for hosting images on S6?

It's pretentious to want to have a nice looking car? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It's pretentious to want to have a nice looking car? :confused:

No, it's pretentious putting badges on it that say it's something other than it is.

blade1 wrote: »
    No, it's pretentious putting badges on it that say it something other than it is.

It may be pretentious if someone puts a badge on and tries to claim the car is something it's not but I don't think anyone really is trying to "trick" anyone that they're driving something else.

People just like the sporty looking models, I know I do. The badge is just part of that.

It may be pretentious if someone puts a badge on and tries to claim the car is something it's not but I don't think anyone really is trying to "trick" anyone that they're driving something else.

People just like the sporty looking models, I know I do. The badge is just part of that.

Then buy the sporty model!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I better not post pics of my dry with mtec kit, other than brakes and interior it looks pretty much like the m3 version :rolleyes:

I like the a6

jozi wrote: »
    I better not post pics of my dry with mtec kit, other than brakes and interior it looks pretty much like the m3 version :rolleyes:

I like the a6

Is M tech just a body kit though?
    I had a Votex front bumper on my A4.
    Still looked like an A4.

One could say, "Thanks", or "Thanks but it's not an actual RS7 I just like the RS look so I got the kit fitted" or "It's actually a 3.0 V6 TDI with RS7 kit so it's got all the nice RS look but not the ridiculous tax".

It's no different to any modification someone does to their car, it's their own business.

There are people on this forum who slag off cars for being "boring" or "ubiquitous" and you've people who slag off cars that are modified.

It's snobbery and it's stoopid...

Well if he wanted the rs7 look you can get the kit and put it on without the badging, add the badge and its quite obvious he`s trying to make out what he has to be something its not. Also lets be honest he`s going to get stick off car people either way, its neither snobbery or "Stupidity" its simply an opinion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

mloc123 wrote: »

Couldn't agree more...not surprised it's an Audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Just passed a Red Ferrari California on the Navan Road! Going opposite direction so couldnt get a pic unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Got passed on a motorway in Wales on Monday by 2 Aston Martin Rapides, the 1st of which gave it a cheeky little rev as he passed me,

Have it on dash cam so it should eventually find its way online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

ION08 wrote: »
    Just passed a Red Ferrari California on the Navan Road! Going opposite direction so couldnt get a pic unfortunately

171 reg? If so, I've seen it around Ballsbridge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement