Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭LariToper

Spotted a Guilia Quadrifoglio in Galway during race week. Excuse the rubbish photos, it really is a spectacular looking car in person, blows the M3 away in the looks dept.

hFUBjgp.jpg

ANudi88.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Blows the M3 out of the water in most other ways too if the reviews are to be believed. Chris Harris is a big big fan.

Amazing what the Italians can do with a fraction of the budget - and beat BMW at their own game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

166man wrote: »
    Blows the M3 out of the water in most other ways too if the reviews are to be believed. Chris Harris is a big big fan.

Amazing what the Italians can do with a fraction of the budget - and beat BMW at their own game :)

Alfa Quadrifoglio - €99,945 + delivery
    Mercedes A45 AMG - €56,755 + delivery

I know which one I'd have.

Anyways, went to Fundracer on Mondello today, here's a little sneak peek

OSI wrote: »
    At least compare like for like. The A45 is 130+ bhp short. A similarly quick C63 AMG Sport is €104k

A45 AMG is funnily enough similar size wise (interior at least), it may have less hp, but it does 0-100 kph in 4.1 secs compared to Alfa's 3.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

polan wrote: »
    A45 AMG is funnily enough similar size wise (interior at least), it may have less hp, but it does 0-100 kph in 4.1 secs compared to Alfa's 3.9

Still not a fair comparison Polan. An a45 is a competitor to an m140i not an m3. It's not even a competitor to an 1M. And a 1m is 77k odd new

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

polan wrote: »

Two completely different classes.

Still not a fair comparison Polan. An a45 is a competitor to an m140i not an m3. It's not even a competitor to an 1M. And a 1m is 77k odd new

As much as I love BMWs, I wouldn't be able to justify an M140i over an A45 AMG, even though it is €3k cheaper, it's still slower, so is an M3/M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

0 to 60 isn't everything. The a45 time is flattered by 4wd. The fact the Alfa it's quicker and only driving two wheels says a lot. 60 to 120 the gap would be significant.

A German hatch or an Italian super saloon? I know which I would choose if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Price and performance wise you can't compare an A45 to the Alfa....coming from an AMG fan, I know exactly how quick the A45 is. Traffic light to traffic light, start/stop the A45 will edge it, but rolling the Merc is definitely getting beat. That said I can't imagine why anyone would need more performance on public roads than what the A/CLA/GLA 45s offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

IMG_20170811_201732_819_zpsxwkc2swl.jpg
    IMG_20170811_195823_088_zpspq4sue4n.jpg
    IMG_20170811_201703_246_zpsymykkabo.jpg
    My boy got a spin in this!
    IMG_20170811_195823_088_zpspq4sue4n.jpg
    IMG_20170811_195941_480_zpsyobty1h7.jpg
    IMG_20170811_200222_919_zpsbifrtx0w.jpg

IMG_20170811_200355_921_zpswbub7gjw.jpg
    DSC_0502_zpssokf9hxq.jpg
    DSC_0486_zpsgh7960p2.jpg
    DSC_0485_zpsikmbyuag.jpg
    IMG_20170811_200304_072_zpsdglq7gz4.jpg
    DSC_0482_zpscl3hegh0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I went to Mondello as well. Good event, for me much better than last year and hope next year it be better again. Was nice to meet JamieIsGood in real life and Sobanek my friend since as he said 6 years. What he said was: We staying in the same place, taking photos of the same cars and your are better, how?
    aMPxtmA.jpg
    TCiv1q8.jpg
    qrUwlkw.jpg
    rw99zk6.jpg
    fuuzQ9f.jpg
    L7JkwwF.jpg
    hifPdv6.jpg
    3cYI95p.jpg
    OTCD7Lj.jpg
    W5GbVFc.jpg

6uE7Mca.jpg
    Kkpz58p.jpg
    I4oDAIB.jpg
    sfr13x9.jpg
    fuiZWDE.jpg
    wsINqh7.jpg
    5QASwTT.jpg
    KleyQwm.jpg
    kPIlHGc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That's my old Trans Am :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

Knight Rider

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Ferrari 70th Anniversary Belfast:
    [IMG][/img]85GrLc9.jpg
    [IMG][/img]sLQ5V9v.jpg

[IMG][/img]Owj0AgP.jpg
    [IMG][/img]sBSRUxC.jpg

[IMG][/img]6jssByH.jpg
    [IMG][/img]F8KBEE3.jpg

[IMG][/img]x4xygRQ.jpg
    [IMG][/img]nleMGPC.jpg

[IMG][/img]oeLWQAW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

a40.jpg

I've been in 70th Anniversary of Ferrari too. Here are some photos:
    FluHYF0.jpg
    hfdykdH.jpg
    cu0mtnP.jpg
    LhQUjtj.jpg
    A1SMO2c.jpg
    Stn2qEM.jpg
    HRLcHH2.jpg
    NkUWf8G.jpg
    8bgEu50.jpg
    lPNh45G.jpg
    8X3AOrI.jpg
    AdE08ee.jpg
    tTYPC6z.jpg
    CllgpW9.jpg
    eJIYMKg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Saw a Ferrari 275 GTB/4 in Weston today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

cullow123 wrote: »
    Ferrari 70th Anniversary Belfast:

I can just see an extreme close up of some tarmac. Is it just me? :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

el diablo wrote: »
    I can just see an extreme close up of some tarmac. Is it just me? :confused:

It must be just you. Pictures are fine for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

some browsers don't automatically resize. EG I'm on a Mac and I see huge photos in Safari, but Firefox resizes them.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    some browsers don't automatically resize. EG I'm on a Mac and I see huge photos in Safari, but Firefox resizes them.

All other pics seem to resize (on Chrome, Windows 10). Seems to be just cullow's pics that are six time bigger than my screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

el diablo wrote: »
    All other pics seem to resize (on Chrome, Windows 10). Seems to be just cullow's pics that are six time bigger than my screen.

I've the same setup as you Chrome and Windows 10.

Edit: What screen are you using I have a 2560x1440

I've the same setup as you Chrome and Windows 10.

Edit: What screen are you using I have a 2560x1440

Not sure. 16.5" I think. Not sure what the resolution is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Some great shots there Marcin! :)

Some great shots there Marcin! :)

Thank you and now it's time to post some photos from today:

Last day of weekend and last car event for a while. This time first edition of RunwayClub Ireland Can't compare this event to any other events in Ireland as it's the only one drag race for supercars in Ireland - I mean the only one I know of.

Perfect location at Dublin Weton Airport with some nice background for photos. A bit flat but can't expect there be hills or corners at airport.
    Lineup of supercars wasn't too long but was good with Lamborghini Aventador S, Mercedes McLaren SLR and Porsche GT2 on top of my personal list.

I was looking for good place for photos and took me a while before I found it but I'm happy with photos I took. I wish I could have sstay in other location and have few extra shots of some cars like green McLaaren 650S or Ferrari F12 but maybe next time or second edition which I hope will take place in future.

The only thing I was a bit dissapointed was Media Accreditation. I apply for it and first e-mail I got said that I didn't get it. I understand, can't expect I will get all I want but then I got second a bit confusing e-mail with all details for Media so I asked if I got it or not and I was told that there was e-mail sent to me between those two but I check it twice including spam folder and didn't get anything. Anyway I manage to get nice photos without that magic pass and will definitelly back for second edition.

8.5/10

aZ99xFR.jpg
    K4QZcpl.jpg
    NQx566V.jpg
    2MCrOxk.jpg
    mBpHDVl.jpg
    V3jELss.jpg
    Qz9iGkS.jpg
    259dU4J.jpg
    2tDTnbv.jpg
    PzU6S0l.jpg

DFtQoBq.jpg
    w3NNOkY.jpg
    nVxriom.jpg
    YhSj9yC.jpg
    PhPBmFO.jpg
    3jhcoO9.jpg
    7YO66K4.jpg
    wa8drKc.jpg
    SwvP6v1.jpg
    JjCdWbw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Sound of that Morgan....

YGm50jF.jpg

And the size of that Merc

LYMdMMU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

mBpHDVl.jpg

Absolutely love these, my favourite Porsche ever. Wonder if it lives in Ireland or if it was just over for the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I participated at the event and most of the porsches were Irish reg. There were a few NI reg cars alright. I cant specifically remember the Grey one above, but the Orange GT3 is Irish. I was looking closely afterwards ;)

Nice sound too :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement