Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Merlins this morning

36829564502_48e57d38aa_c.jpg

36829564252_80676dd7f5_c.jpg

36829548892_489cb63c1a_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That some nice looking Fiat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Always nice to see people buying left field cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Haven't seen a 124 Spyder on the road here. Was in Northern Italy for a couple of weeks on holiday and didn't see one on the road there either. Seems that they're not selling as well as Fiat would have hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Tropheus wrote: »
    Haven't seen a 124 Spyder on the road here. Was in Northern Italy for a couple of weeks on holiday and didn't see one on the road there either. Seems that they're not selling as well as Fiat would have hoped.

I was in Lanzarote earlier this summer and cabrera medina, the car hire firm, had a lot of them. Lovely looking things, only I needed a 4 seater I'd have taken one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

Probably a fiat / dealer car. Abarth version supposed to offer something mx5 doesnt. Normal version still looks hair dresser like but wouldn't mind hiring abarth version

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

goochy wrote: »
    Probably a fiat / dealer car. Abarth version supposed to offer something mx5 doesnt. Normal version still looks hair dresser like but wouldn't mind hiring abarth version

No I heard its a private car, had to be bought in the North

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Slightly off reservation, but a display model of a 1.6 Nissan Twin Cam 100NX aluminium engine

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Merlins this morning

Yes I was there myself too, lots of interesting machines in the carpark, better than some of the sh1t that was put through! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That Fiat 124 looks absolutely class. The only thing that lets it down though is that aerial. It's begging to be stolen and stolen it probably will be at some stage. I know they can't integrate an aerial into the rear window but I would prefer either an electronically retracting one or a small shark fin on the boot lid rather than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

That Fiat 124 looks absolutely class. The only thing that lets it down though is that aerial. It's begging to be stolen and stolen it probably will be at some stage. I know they can't integrate an aerial into the rear window but I would prefer either an electronically retracting one or a small shark fin on the boot lid rather than that.

Your right the aerial is a throwback to the past, no need for that in this day and age. Nice looking car but look very similar to the Honda s2000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Yeah I thought I was a modded S2000 at first glance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Not a fan of the Fiat 124 at all to be honest, nothing amazing about it ... speaking of the S2000, thats a car which was launched 18 years ago!

Now that was an impressive piece of engineering , a proper engine which held the record for highest Bhp/Litre for 10 years until a Ferrari came along ...

the s2000 was a truly laudable car..... 18 years later and where are we, admiring a fiat 124? for what exactly? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

ION08 wrote: »
    18 years later and where are we, admiring a fiat 124? for what exactly? :rolleyes:

Cus it looks like an S2000!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

I like it, for what it is - Its another interesting car to ad to the pile.

A million miles better than another russian doll that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Now that was an impressive piece of engineering , a proper engine which held the record for highest Bhp/Litre for 10 years until a Ferrari came along ...

Hold up..... The S2000 was released in 1999 and had 247 bhp for a 2.0 litre engine which is 123.5 BHP per litre. So you are telling me in 2006/7/8 the S2000 was still the highest BHP per litre car in the world ?

Every Evo from the 7 to 10 all had at least 135 per litre all relased between 2001 and 2009, i am sure some of the WRX subarus were similar my own car the S3 was released in 2006 with 132.5 per litre, i am sure there are more hot hatches in that territory.

Maybe i am missing something ? Not S2000 bashing btw i love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

tossy wrote: »
    Maybe i am missing something ?

The S2k made that power without a turbo :)

The S2k made that power without a turbo :)

The poster left out one very important term from his BHP per litre record claim then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

The poster left out one very important term from his BHP per litre record claim then :D

My apologies, thought it was common knowledge amongst car enthusiasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Or two very important letters at least :pac:

Reminds me of the time I was telling a friend that the MG ZR has the most powerful production N/A 1.4 with 105bhp and it seemed totally unfathomable that such a crap car could do that.

I think the Koreans hold that title now with 120 something in an i30?

• Advertisement

Nissans SR16VE-N1 made 200bhp from a 1.6 which is 125bhp/L - pretty saucy too :)

My apologies, thought it was common knowledge amongst car enthusiasts.

Whats a car enthusiast ? Sure i only bought my car because it's white! :D:D

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Nissans SR16VE-N1 made 200bhp from a 1.6 which is 125bhp/L - pretty saucy too :)

They held the title alright for highest bhp litre for a N/A car untill the s2000 came along. But just to add there were very few N1's made where as the s2000 was mass produced.

They held the title alright for highest bhp litre for a N/A car untill the s2000 came along. But just to add there were very few N1's made where as the s2000 was mass produced.

For sure, the 200bhp was very limited edition - despite that a nice couple arrived on our shores during the boom. And the f20c is art.

Last of the o/t from me, no pics but I saw a Lada Niva today.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Unable to get a pic as I was driving but I passed a black F430 in Leixlip this evening (Hannigans?).
    06-D-46

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Whats a car enthusiast ? Sure i only bought my car because it's white! :D:D

Don't forget it's a Tead Diddly Eye and you're saving de environment with de deesul. :D

166man wrote: »
    Don't forget it's a Tead Diddly Eye and you're saving de environment with de deesul. :D

Its not a TDI though it's a 1.4 TSI :D fhester beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

I don't really see any resemblance beween the s2k and the 124 apart from both being convertibles. The s2k is an awesome machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn't the S2k 240bhp though? So 120 per litre?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Isn't the S2k 240bhp though? So 120 per litre?

It's 250 in Japan and the N1 is 200 also in Japan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement