Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Jag :confused:

See dimpled plinth above the reg plate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Saw a 172 Porsche Panamera brought around by valet at a spa yesterday. Had a look out the window to see 3 60 year old aul ones getting into it. Same snobby ***** who turned their noses up as I smiled and nodded in the hallways.

It was definitely unexpected. The snobby attitude annoys me, just because you're driving hubby's €80k Porsche doesn't mean you're better than anyone :)

How do you know it was hubby's, and not her own?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

See dimpled plinth above the reg plate!

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

Tesla looks well but that's mad money - I know they are not totally electric but Merc. S500 plug in or Porsche Panamera plug in are much better buys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

goochy wrote: »
    Tesla looks well but that's mad money - I know they are not totally electric but Merc. S500 plug in or Porsche Panamera plug in are much better buys.

Well in 10 years the s500 & Porsche may well still be running. I am really curious as to how Tesla will future proof their cars. They are packed to the brim with tech and batteries which intrinsically degrade and expire and are not cheap at all to replace. Given that and the price to begin with (which in my opinion is astronomical), is their any way to not end up completely upside down on say 5 year finance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Well in 10 years the s500 & Porsche may well still be running. I am really curious as to how Tesla will future proof their cars. They are packed to the brim with tech and batteries which intrinsically degrade and expire and are not cheap at all to replace. Given that and the price to begin with (which in my opinion is astronomical), is their any way to not end up completely upside down on say 5 year finance?

In most countries, you rent / lease them and they give you a new one at the end of the term in exchange for continuing in the program. A top of the line Model X could set you back over 150kUSD, you'd be insane to buy one outright and I'd be curious if any are sold this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there even a Tesla dealer in Ireland?

Yes just opened sandyford Ind estate . Doesn't look much from outside but nice inside. . Dc motor co. Nearby also have x2 used examples for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Couple of stickered up fancy cars behind 3 arena this morning/last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

jozi wrote: »
    Couple of stickered up fancy cars behind 3 arena this morning/last night

Cannonball weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

City centre;

20170908_103953.jpg

posh 7 series - hope its a wrap - they don't hold their value well especially if white . Prefer a Merc. Maybach S600.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

A couple more from Tbilisi

First up, an (easy) one to identify
    36275999053_be29d6b9b2_b.jpg

An old favourite......and I mean old !
    36889916511_89f3ef1df7_b.jpg

Anyone ever heard of a "Noah" ?
    36916049352_97e9d98313_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

They seem to like their American imports.

Sorry but youre getting mixed up - the Rolls is actually based on a 7 series and the Maybach S600 is a posher version of the current S class - it makes a great luxury car even better.
    The Maybach 57 and 62 were based on the W140 - the 57 was pointless but a 62 without two tone paint and with the right wheels fitted looks impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

1vi4qg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

OSI wrote: »
    IKCO Samand. Iranian car, based on Pug 405:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IKCO_Samand

My first thought was 'carina' as well. :)

Are they parking sensors in the bumper? :confused: Most useless accessory in Tbilisi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Anybody going into meet the cannonball in Limerick this evening? It says 6pm but is that an arrival time or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭Shpudnik

Anybody going into meet the cannonball in Limerick this evening? It says 6pm but is that an arrival time or what?

I'll be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sligo tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement

just saw few cars incl/ aventator at filling station in cork must be on way to kinsale - saw the met red 172D lexus LC just down the road from them - no stickers on it so assume not in cannonball - it looked impressive but not that large in size - though I supposed neither is an SL or 6 series coupe

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭NeilMcGrane

Aventador SV tyre and wheel, 355/25 ZR 21 :eek:

67OyHPel.jpg

zYEXdd3l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

_20170908_150857_zpssl3kh7ri.jpg
    MOV_0648_000008_zpsc9d1qdte.jpg
    MOV_0648_000010_zpsxykwsueq.jpg
    MOV_0648_000018_zpsz2tfg3ne.jpg
    MOV_0633_000011_zpsajkfprpp.jpg
    MOV_0631_000006_zpsokhiayqh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The cannonballers really enjoy coming to Ireland it seems. Is there a particular reason? Just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

bear1 wrote: »
    The cannonballers really enjoy coming to Ireland it seems. Is there a particular reason? Just curious

Must be that lovely grey sky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

bear1 wrote: »

Probably because they can't lose their licence. Fine's and /or a court appearance at worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Not sure if these are photo-worthy anymore. I've seen three tonight!

37108490815_a19fc99bfd_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

[IMG][/img]scLHiC8.jpg

[IMG][/img]e0z2Slj.jpg

[IMG][/img]ROQKGyD.jpg

Tesla Model x P100D:
    [IMG][/img]qsDVChW.jpg

[IMG][/img]IVgUPZy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

[IMG][/img]mlZYDGM.jpg

[IMG][/img]6NjV09v.jpg

[IMG][/img]5KlPMj4.jpg

[IMG][/img]bTwXcyT.jpg

[IMG][/img]DmXl4Zt.jpg

[IMG][/img]2oqTpnD.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

All these cars are heavily sponsored, are they just paid to drive across the country for a Gumball event? That's it? No official course or anything, just get from A to B as fast as possible without getting caught for speeding...I appreciate a big convoy road trip (Do they still have the big parties at checkpoints?) but I feel like I'm missing something...

Must be really boring driving €250,000 sports cars at 120kph :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement