Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

was admiring in cork a lovely original irish 91D reg Suzuki vitara swb with a hard top/ canopy roof when a huge Ford Ranger ?? which was heavily customised and on big wheels comes ups its back side to force it out of the way - funny seeing such a small 4x4 and big one together.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

goochy wrote: »
    the one I saw was bought from frank keanes - 151ww 18xx - not sure what reg nos. are in ww but could have been import.
    The prices here are ridiculous, north of €30k for a used one, versus £12-15k in the UK, cheap sterling, low VRT and low tax. Why would anyone buy one here lol.

I wonder if they suffer bad battery deg? There's one on autotrader for £12k with 90k miles.

was admiring in cork a lovely original irish 91D reg Suzuki vitara swb with a hard top/ canopy roof when a huge Ford Ranger ?? which was heavily customised and on big wheels comes ups its back side to force it out of the way - funny seeing such a small 4x4 and big one together.
    Was it blue with silver decals?
    I've often seen that around cork suburbs being driven by a woman.
    It's a Ford F series american pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

was fairly dark - white ? I am pretty sure it was a modified/ customised Ranger not a us import pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Thomas st;

20170927_130830.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Crossed the road infront of a 99-D Chevrolet Camaro on D’olier St this evening.

Wasnt in a position to take a pic but remebered the reg and it came back as a 5.7 V8 ... nice:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

23507656268_e4966c2e06_c.jpg

Dodge Viper GTS Coupe
    Hamilton, Ontario.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Something a bit out of the ordinary on Sunday, Banger Racing in Essex.

8e8ade5b1d26d7fc2bf8eb2e2295d9d0.jpg

cdb7e7c09897dd485595caa39d6029a4.jpg

Full album here.

Reminds me of when I was l lot younger, cycling out from town every sunday to santry for the banger racing.

There usually was as much "passion / action" happening in the pits as on the track :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

In Carrickmines this afternoon, a Bentley Continental GT Speed followed immediately by a Bentley Arnage :cool:

35d12fq.jpg2lmm3no.jpg

So I'm not allowed to say "nice starlet" even though it was a car the op hadn't noticed in his photo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

My post got deleted, I thought we could post what we saw without pictures? Or was it because I said I wouldn't fancy driving a Ferrari in school run traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Freedom of speech ?

No such thing on boards.ie, but Martin is not messing. There are users on here who like Starlets, there are users on here who like old Toyotas and old cars in general. We have a thread on this very forum dedicated to such vehicles with many thousands of posts and many regular posters. I don't see why there should be an issue with Martin's post on this thread though, unless this is now a No chat thread and I missed the memo.

I'd like to give LIGHTNING benefit of the doubt here and say that maybe he didn't fully think it through before deleting the post, perhaps now though.

Anyway, it is a nice Starlet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

I'm the guilty one as I only read the first post after Lightnings last warning. No speculation as to who might own a posted car. Cant see the problem with a Starlet outdoing an Arnage though:-)

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    In Carrickmines this afternoon, a Bentley Continental GT Speed followed immediately by a Bentley Arnage :cool:
    Unusual to see a 2009 Irish reg bentley! In the depths of the recession and all!

Mod edit and warning given

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Electric vehicle traffic jam :)

37157829270_2a0bf8a7b1_b.jpg

Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Love love love

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

36745322673_769447f20e_c.jpg

36706327564_92bf1ddfa0_c.jpg

36706328484_3dcc3ecfa2_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

I (and a few others) commented in direct relation to a post and it gets deleted. Frankly I get more interest from people`s opinions/input on photos and the general chat that make the forum interesting. Banned for having an opinion on a photo? Spare me misery and ban me if that`s the way its going forward on this forum..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

BAN ME as well its a forum there should be no rules its like being in NURSARY SCHOOL at this stage
    you should be able to speak / talk about whatever we like
    throwing out bans and deleting posts is a joke at stage COP ON

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Love love love

They are a nice rare car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

only a muppet would drive that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

qz wrote: »
    only a muppet would drive that

How so? Rear wheel drive, mid engine, hot hatch. It would handle like a go kart.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

429484.jpgPopped into an agricultural store earlier, didn't think it belonged to a farmer, was looking for the tow bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭ongarite

2ykak5y.jpg
    Beautiful motor and great noise from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lovely original looking VW pickup doing that most limerick of things

IMG_3417.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

No pic but there was a Golf R (162 I think) pulled in onto the hard shoulder southbound on the N11 just after the Newtownmountkennedy exit 2 days ago at about 4pm. It had a flat rear right tyre and a bit of the side skirt had broken away just in front of the flat wheel. Owner had his head in his hands. I'd say the tyre went and damaged the side skirts. How unlucky!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bit of a delay, just some random car pics from the hols in August...

2w23l79.jpg

dcc16o.jpg

6qv5ut.jpg

2eltax1.jpg

24o0fag.jpg

and from Portmarnock last week...

2wnbr13.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

300zx. Just saw this guy in Crumlin. Sounded class.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/131495/429556.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement