Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

goochy wrote: »
    People down south more sociable up north they would rather spend money on cars even compared to mainland uk they more into their cars up there . See quite a few 640 beemers and that in cork just nothing exotic

When it comes to cars, they’re more.....Savvy

AE571389-7_CCE-403_D-8_CE8-_EBB2_EDE43965.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

Proton? They have also been into the dacia type of car long before us , as in mainland uk.

Yeah Proton Savvy. Back in the 90s in the uk you’d see a lot of former lada dealers take on proton dealerships too. They’re a Malaysian company set up by the government to get hard currency back when the country was basically fields. They originally built Mitsubishi models and gradually started doing their own stuff. They bought Lotus in the 90s when they went bankrupt. They’re supposed to handle quite well as a result and their Campro engines were supposed to be nice revvy little things .The styling and interiors were a bit off the wall, the built quality was supposed to be a bit shonky. I think they’re gone from the uk now. They also sold the Satria Neo and the Gen 2 around the same time.
    4_EB3_E2_E9-81_A7-4463-8_EF1-2666_AC4_A56_A3.jpg
    686_C8754-064_C-44_D5-94_FD-_FD5276_C952_A4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I've seen a couple of Irish ones too, the older boxy models. I think they were just called the GL here

Yeah, there was the aeroback too. Knew someone with one and it was supposed to be a great yoke! Saw a Gen 2 in Limerick last week.
    Years ago I was going to fit FTO MIVEC V6 running gear into a Proton Jumbuck (basically a pickup 90s Colt) but life got in the way!

Anyway

B3_AC93_B3-_E428-4_B4_B-9_B5_B-_F37_AD223_DD9_D.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A couple here from the last while...
    430112.jpg

430113.jpg

430114.jpg

430115.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I love that Morris Traveller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I would say that the number of over 100k cars in ireland is more than in the UK per capita by a margin, thing is when you see a nice car here say a rangerover or a 6 series or a m3 thats Ferrari money in the UK.....thanks very much tax system.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

MOD EDIT: Sigh, I have warned people enough about posting about what they saw but no photo. User given a 24hr ban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Immaculate example.

RVHuDIl.jpg

2BoDuYc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Carpentry wrote: »
    Immaculate example.

A Lancer hatchback? Now there's something you don't see every day!!

Those corvettes actually have really cool interior too (digital dash if i'm not mistaken)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Can this go here?
    I arrived afterwards so no idea the reason for colliding with wall. (Possibly listening to budget speech about BIK for BEV vehicles dropping to 0% - but not hearing the part that it is for 1 year only)

Range Rover RRSPORT MY16 3.0 DSL TDV6 HSE D DYNAMIQUE 5DR AUTO Euro 5 according to Cartell.ie

430266.jpg

430274.jpg

I did catch a glimpse of an elderly gent looking lost on the forecourt but cannot say for sure if he was the owner.

celbridge - think it might be owner of filling station - they usually drive range rovers / land rovers - elderly woman and her son runs the station>?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I wonder, accidentally floored it?

Hope the elderly owner of filling station didn't become unwell at the wheel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Funthalia_Love

It is not an awful thing that a poor man crashed his car, was seen not to be the best after it, somebody then comes along and takes a picture of one of the worst days in this poor man's life, posts it on the internet and a whole pile of Boards.ie Forum users show a thumbs up at the picture of the remains of the vehicle?

Unless of course I've missed something and the owner of the jeep is a well know horrible person.

It is not an awful thing that a poor man crashed his car, was seen not to be the best after it, somebody then comes along and takes a picture of one of the worst days in this poor man's life, posts it on the internet and a whole pile of Boards.ie Forum users show a thumbs up at the picture of the remains of the vehicle?
    Unless of course I've missed something and the owner of the jeep is a well know horrible person.

It's not a post where people are click like in a sense that they are joyful that this has happened. You are reading way too much into it.
    Last year I posted quite a story about my personal life and I got a lot of "thanks" but I took it as a sign of support and well done for telling it rather than people being joyful over my personal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Poor, poor man.

bear1 wrote: »
    It's not a post where people are click like in a sense that they are joyful that this has happened. You are reading way too much into it.
    Last year I posted quite a story about my personal life and I got a lot of "thanks" but I took it as a sign of support and well done for telling it rather than people being joyful over my personal issues.

It's a sad and sorry thing to say that I am reading too much into the very uncomfortable feeling at seeing some poor person's misfortune. Sure don't we pass car accidents every day - should we not start taking pictures of these and sticking them up for everybody to see. The driver of the was probably in a state of shock - you put your own personal circumstances up willingly.

Would it not be more circumspect and relevant if "Here's what I saw today ..." stuck with lesser spotted exotica and other funny motoring events rather than car crashes?

I was quite intrigued that the moderators left the picture up especially seeing as others were able to identify the vehicle owners and the filling station was easily spotted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The thread is about what a poster saw that day.

He saw that car unfortunately get smashed up. There was no pleasure in his post at that fact. Is say 99% of those that saw it or thanked it thought "Oh shít - the poor guy".

Nothing malicious in it - move along

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

What I think is inappropriate is the fact there are people in the car (blurred images and boot opened in the second pic not in the first) yet the OP is running around taking photos from different angles.

Very insensitive / lacks empathy all in the sake of hearing mates / strangers say cool pic bro.

Maybe what I am trying to say is a thread like this is no place to document an old man's misfortune.

I am not saying that there is anything malicious about putting a picture like that up but it is in very bad taste and was left there for all to see.

I've no idea where that accident was and the only details I know is that it looks to be a topaz and it's a 152 RR.
    I think people are exaggerating this beyond necessity.
    It's a crash, has happened to most of us and if it were my car that was photographed then I don't think I'd really care.
    No one seems to have been injured, no one knows why it happened and no one is making fun of what has happened.
    You are just being offended over nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Jude13

Saw a 968 convertible and took a snap but my pic hosting site does not show up here anymore. I am a tech neandertal so any help would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Hit "Post Reply" button and upload it as attachment (paper clip icon).

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

So many conclusions jumped to and incorrect assumptions made.

J.pilkington - Did it even occur to you that the person in the car might be just someone moving it for the person who did the damage and what has the boot open got to do with anything. BTW I was sitting, from one angle and not running around.

What I was trying to portray was an expensive mistake and what can happen when a human takes for granted a very large mechanically propelled lump of metal and the damage it could cause in the blink of an eye....Yes the incident 'could' have been far more serious but as far as I could tell there were no casualties screaming in agony on the forecourt. Pure luck nobody was standing in front at the time.

I'll make no apologies for offending the snowflake generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

So.. anyway :rolleyes:
    36992890483_a3c6fa2c53_c.jpg

G63, Ontario, Canada

Don't normally agree with j Pilkington as cant stand him but agree about RR pic.

• Advertisement

Would be great if the thread could move on

12_CCE537-_D4_EA-4_E4_C-9_FEC-_EDD7_E217_B0_CB.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement