Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Spotted by my sister, anyone know what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

20170812_132234.jpg
    20170813_120110.jpg
    20170817_174936.jpg
    20170831_121133.jpg
    20170903_125400.jpg
    20170906_094745.jpg
    20170906_095648.jpg
    20170906_124358.jpg
    20170906_124412.jpg
    20170911_113306.jpg
    20170911_113314.jpg
    20170911_113425.jpg
    20170911_130520.jpg
    20170914_183640.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

jozi wrote: »
    Spotted by my sister, anyone know what it is

That's a 1955 Studebaker.

hi5 wrote: »
    That's a 1955 Studebaker.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

20170903_125400.jpg

What’s this? I definitely recognise it but can’t quite place it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Ciano35 wrote: »
    What’s this? I definitely recognise it but can’t quite place it!

Mitsubishi starion?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Toyota Celica Supra (Supra mk2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Great Urban Myth that Mitsubishi wanted to call it the Stallion, and when they told the american importers, they heard it as:
    Mitsubishi starion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Toyota Celica Supra (Supra mk2)

That’s it, class car!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Great Urban Myth that Mitsubishi wanted to call it the Stallion, and when they told the american importers, they heard it as:

More likely to have been the other way around as it sounds more like a Japenese person trying to pronounce “Stalion”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

ION08 wrote: »
    More likely to have been the other way around as it sounds more like a Japenese person trying to pronounce “Stalion”

Yup, that would be the joke - the 'they' in my post referred to the yanks. It was late when I typed that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

430576.JPG

Audi RS6 in Cork, it looks understated apart from the giant alloys, it's a pity it was just stuck in traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

Abarth 595 in Cork City ealier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

S55 AMG ....

elOpxQy.png

.... and S6

O6jVE4E.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Carpentry wrote: »
    .... and S6

hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Never knew they made a 2.0tdi 140bhp s6 before...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

bear1 wrote: »
    Never knew they made a 2.0tdi 140bhp s6 before...

Or an S6 with 2.0TDI tax...:D

How about this
    430870.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

x4 exhaust pipes on audi ? fake ? if so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

goochy wrote: »
    x4 exhaust pipes on audi ? fake ? if so sad.

y-u-so-sad-thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Navan
    X8iWCL3h.jpg

Coolock
    TjK7uLzh.jpg

Ka BOOooom. No injures, not even a scratch.

Red turn taken by yaris, cars going black route let him through, but taxi in the red line didnt. I dont want to blame taxi driver without seeing the accident as it happened, but my guess is that speed was the problem here. Not enough time to brake. Probably both at fault, but only one will get punished, Yaris driver would be my guess.

ZFWQe9W.jpg
    rKm4k0D.jpg
    VBEd9rJ.jpg
    L1yPTfL.jpg
    bv0M5pw.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would love to know the story behind that.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

The taxi was in the inside lane so prob never saw the Yaris. Yaris should never have cut across two lanes just because someone in the outside lane let them across. That's my opinion on what could have happened as it looks to have from the pictures.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Jaysis the Yaris' lights are pretty opaque.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Wibbs wrote: »
    Jaysis the Yaris' lights are pretty opaque.

Was just going to say it sets a poor example and reinforces the insurers stance of the drivers of older, cheaper cars being more feckless with them. I know it's a case study of one, but still.

Checked the NCT site though and it's tested until March 18 so must have been roadworthy-ish.

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    The taxi was in the inside lane so prob never saw the Yaris. Yaris should never have cut across two lanes just because someone in the outside lane let them across. That's my opinion on what could have happened as it looks to have from the pictures.

traffic there around 6pm is really heavy. My guess is that he went into yellow box, as it was clear, and then proceeded further away, then met with taxi, I dont think they could see each other, but again, with lower speed you could easily stop that taxi before impact. Taxi had an empty road in front of him, so he could go as he wanted. Yaris came out from the yellow box, and from between other cars. Taxi man spotted him in very last second. But its just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Was just going to say it sets a poor example and reinforces the insurers stance of the drivers of older, cheaper cars being more feckless with them. I know it's a case study of one, but still.

Checked the NCT site though and it's tested until March 18 so must have been roadworthy-ish.

It's not often I would disagree with you TFB but that sounds like total rubbish. I own a car barely worth a grand. I once bought a BMW which cost 20 times that. We have an another BMW in the house which cost nearly 38 times the cost of my car. To say I am "feckless" driving one and not the other is rubbish. I'm not sure is that your own opinion or is it an opinion you believe the insurers hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Yeah, can we not post pictures of accidents or at least have another thread? Bit grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Y1XViNx.jpg
    Test. If this one works will upload some more. Randomly came across a car meetup in states last week with LOADS of nice cars. This was one of my favourites.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement