Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

jozi wrote: »
    Focus ST flying past me today on Pearse St with blue lights and siren on, didn't know the Garda had one!

More than 1 afaik. It's not all Mondeo's and Hyundai's out looking at tax discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Why do a lot of posts on here look like this to me? It seems to be only this thread

432876.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

More than 1 afaik. It's not all Mondeo's and Hyundai's out looking at tax discs.

Yep, they also have a black A7 Quattro, some thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Why do a lot of posts on here look like this to me? It seems to be only this thread

IG]

Are you viewing them from your workplace? They may be being blocked by a firewall.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    Are you viewing them from your workplace? They may be being blocked by a firewall.

I am.
    Yeah was thinking that. Must be for pics that are hosted on certain sites because I can see some and not others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Yeah? :o

Well they're mank too! :D

From the side and rear I thought it was a Bentley too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Doors open the other way on them Rollers... Don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

From the side and rear I thought it was a Bentley too!

It looks to be quite a larger car than Continental GT. It's just massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

OSI wrote: »
    Yep, to make it easier to shove someone out of it at high speed when they tell you that your car that costs more than their house looks mank :pac:

Money cannot buy taste, or sense for that matter.

I have come to this conclusion following the amount of numpties I have observed in new or nearly new fairly high end cars driving around in the dark with just front DRL's on.

Hence more money than sense.

homik wrote: »
    The size!

Is it a Wraith?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Is it a Wraith?

Wraith it is.

And agree with others, it is ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Though it`s questionable looks wise in photos, it all kinda makes sense when you see one in person. I don`t know of any other two door that can do what it does with the perfect mix of absolute 5 star luxury and the kick of a bi turbo v12. It`s from what I hear an other worldly driving experience, literally everything about it is an event. It`s the exact same with the phantom coupe/drophead, hard to understand but somehow makes sense. Fair enough there are Bentley continentals, s63 coupes, s650 maybachs etc but nothing is like the roller and nothing probably will ever be, you could talk depreciation or pricetags but at the end of the day if your sitting your silk suit covered ar*e in the drivers seat of one I`d imagine the price is the last think on your noggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

432923.jpg

They may look somewhat unassuming, but that's a pair of V60 Polestar's - Silver one is the slightly older mere 350ps 6 cylinder, Rebel Blue is the newer 4 cylinder with 367ps. Nicer sound off the 4 cylinder surprisingly.

I got to drive the Blue one around Mondello (yep - it was good fun) slight lag coming out of corners when the autobox kicked down. Got a passenger lap in a different silver 367ps one with a professional driver giving it the full beans - wonder if it was Lightning or if he was there today?

Also got to drive all different variants of the XC60 on track (including the 400ps T8 Twin-Engine) and a decent long spin on the roads around Mondello in the S90 to demonstrate the semi autonomous bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

A polestar is one of the cars on my "cars to own" list. Look like anyother volvo, unless you know what the little blue badge is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Can you even buy a petrol Volvo in Ireland? Let alone a polestar?

Sure you can, you just change the D part of the badge to T.
    Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Can you even buy a petrol Volvo in Ireland? Let alone a polestar?

Polestar isn't for sale in Ireland as it would just be too expensive.

There are petrol versions reappearing on the Volvo price lists, noticed there is a T5 version of the XC60 on the configurator yesterday, that's a pure petrol with no hybrid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

but only 4 cylinders !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

goochy wrote: »
    but only 4 cylinders !!

I thought all of the current Volvo engines were 4 cylinder?...

Edit: Just checked. Yes all current Volvo engines are 4 cylinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

but only 4 cylinders !!

A45 AMG is 4 cylinders and develops 381BHP. The new RS5 is 6, down from 8. Cylinders mean nothing anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

"work"?

I would love to able to have a job like that. Don't get me wrong, spreadsheets are great and all but ye get what I am saying!

• Advertisement

BMW bought the R

sorry Bmw bought the Rolls name - but nothing about the Wraith has anything to do with Rolls of the past other than the name. At least if you buy a Ferrari or even a high end Mercedes - you are buying some heritage - maybe its just mean - but I like cars to have heritage - not a case of some germans buying a name and just building a factory anywhere.
    Probably why I don't like Bugatti either but then its unlikely I will buy either.
    A zv reg. Bentley Turbo R with lpg kit is my realistic dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

sorry Bmw bought the Rolls name - but nothing about the Wraith has anything to do with Rolls of the past other than the name. At least if you buy a Ferrari or even a high end Mercedes - you are buying some heritage - maybe its just mean - but I like cars to have heritage - not a case of some germans buying a name and just building a factory anywhere.
    Probably why I don't like Bugatti either but then its unlikely I will buy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Dont really want to drag the thread too far off topic but are cars with turbo a bit of a torment to convert to LPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

jozi wrote: »
    Focus ST flying past me today on Pearse St with blue lights and siren on, didn't know the Garda had one!

They've got A8s an E class Merc and superb is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Stolen from the YLYL thread.

432988.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Beauty.

Make Mercedes
    Model E500
    Body Saloon
    Colour Black
    BHP 320.0
    Engine Size 4998
    Reg H7YAH
    Year 1993

LHD also.

uSu6atZ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That exhaust is shocking. Looks like it belongs on an old felt spec 306 s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Carpentry wrote: »
    Beauty.

Make Mercedes
    Model E500
    Body Saloon
    Colour Black
    BHP 320.0
    Engine Size 4998
    Reg H7YAH
    Year 1993

LHD also.

uSu6atZ.png

Developed with Porsche. Cool Car.

• Advertisement

think the 500E was actually built by Porsche - later cars by Mercedes ? could be wrong - but all were developed by Porsche.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement