Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

That is just gorgeous. What's that sticker say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

That is just gorgeous. What's that sticker say?

I really like the F Type, that and the Vantage are some of my favorite.

It's difficult to read the sticker, I was more concerned about getting a quick shot before being knocked down by traffic that I didn't notice

434449.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I.C.E.

They are a Dublin company that retrofit security, parking sensors, audio etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I.C.E.

They are a Dublin company that retrofit security, parking sensors, audio etc.

Yep,

IMG_0278.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Jaguar F-type SVR. Dublin

lfXRURS.jpg
    VCa9atN.jpg

Greg81 wrote: »
    Jaguar F-type SVR. Dublin
    ]

Nice one! I spotted him a few weeks ago but I didn't get s chance to take a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the bad parking thread!

X5 M50d in Dawson St car park on Saturday night parked across two spaces

434591.jpg

434592.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

^ Not only taking up 2 spaces but one of which is a disabled space :mad:

Maybe they have a permit to park there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

saw a plug in BMW 7 series m sport kit - being charged at frank keane blackrock - weird seeing such an aggressive looking car being charged - the i8 doesn't even look as sporty

jozi wrote: »
    Maybe they have a permit to park there

Maybe but if so then why take up a normal space or 2 disabled spaces? The disabled spaces are usually quite a bit wider to allow more room for wheelchair access into a lot of the people carrier type vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I would hazard a guess that it belongs to one of the nomadic people whom are Rathkeale bound for Christmas. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I would hazard a guess that it belongs to one of the nomadic people whom are Rathkeale bound for Christmas. :(

My guess would be cultural parking also. At least it looks like a real one, seen this 3.0 SE beast recently...

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Funny thing is the X5 M50d is actually a 3 litre but with 3 turbos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Not too shabby for a boulevard SUV

Engine: 2993cc 24v tri-turbo in-line six-cylinder turbodiesel, 381bhp @ 4400rpm, 546lb ft @ 2000-3000rpm
    Transmission: Eight-speed auto, four-wheel drive
    0-60mph: 5.3 seconds
    Top speed: 155mph
    Economy: 42.2mpg
    CO2: 177g/km
    Equipment: 19-inch alloy wheels, climate control, sat-nav, parking sensors, sports seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Jeez thats madness. Surely that's more effort than a v8 or v10 5 litre block.

Jeez thats madness. Surely that's more effort than a v8 or v10 5 litre block.

V8 or V10 would mean more emissions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I know someone with a new X6 with a standard 3l engine. He wanted the m50d version but does big mileage and reckoned a petrol 3l would be cheaper to run. You'd be lucky to keep it in the mid 20s apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Had the afternoon off mostly so went to the new Audi Dealership in Sandyford. A really nice dealership and some great motors. Tesla is next door so went in there for a peep. Interesting cars in there too and they were most happy for me and a friend to mooch about and press buttons.
    Inside of the new A8, R8 v10 with nice carbon fiber accessories,. R8 v10 cab, RS3, 2 x S5, A model s p100d and model X.

20171127_151037.jpg

20171127_151053.jpg

20171127_151213.jpg

20171127_151220.jpg

20171127_151316_001.jpg

20171127_152039.jpg

20171127_152048.jpg

20171127_152108.jpg

20171127_153426.jpg

• Advertisement

passed the audi place yesterday - did it really cost €20 million - very factory like from outside - what is the audi select used car area like ? looked like a multi-storey car park from outside .
    think the more modest new Spirit JLR place will be a lot more pleasant than audi centre - but i don't like Audis.

new MSL Grange motors place not open yet but assume will be by xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I always wonder if Ireland for certain manufacturers is considered a good market.
    Like Toyota must think Ireland is a big market on grand scheme of things for their sales.
    Big market in the small country kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

goochy wrote: »
    passed the audi place yesterday - did it really cost €20 million - very factory like from outside - what is the audi select used car area like ? looked like a multi-storey car park from outside .
    think the more modest new Spirit JLR place will be a lot more pleasant than audi centre - but i don't like Audis.

Fucking hell..do you ever have anything positive to say or have you made a conscious decision to be negative about everything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

bear1 wrote: »
    I always wonder if Ireland for certain manufacturers is considered a good market.
    Like Toyota must think Ireland is a big market on grand scheme of things for their sales.
    Big market in the small country kind of way.

Have a friend who works for a motor group that has big audi, vw & merc (and a few more) dealerships and he says they all do fantastic business in new car sales. When you look at it although there isn't a lot of the higher end cars such as m cars, s audis or amg`s sold here there`s a hell of a lot of lower spec cars and diesels sold so I`d say in a way for these manufactures Ireland would be a good market for the relative size of the place.

Couple that with the fact that most brands are served by a fairly good network of service providers and dealerships up and down the country so potential customer experience with servicing etc isn`t something they have to worry about.

Liverpool

Rwtdwpi.jpg
    Ng3CpLH.jpg

New York showroom

MV0Eafq.jpg
    LuTlTIt.jpg
    4WchOI3.jpg
    ZuWuFZi.jpg
    l0ReyIX.jpg
    EvvARVl.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Had the afternoon off mostly so went to the new Audi Dealership in Sandyford. A really nice dealership and some great motors. Tesla is next door so went in there for a peep. Interesting cars in there too and they were most happy for me and a friend to mooch about and press buttons.
    Inside of the new A8, R8 v10 with nice carbon fiber accessories,. R8 v10 cab, RS3, 2 x S5, A model s p100d and model X.

20171127_151053.jpg
    Very swanky, but can I have the one in the poster please. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

sorry but unlike a lot of irish people I don't settle for mediocre

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

goochy wrote: »
    sorry but unlike a lot of irish people I don't settle for mediocre

What do you drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

bear1 wrote: »
    What do you drive?

better dont ask ;)

This discussion has been closed.