Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

new camera and looking to back on car spotting scene early 2018 (maybe march)

Hope you get sorted soon with a camera, always enjoyed the work you've posted up here. Good luck with getting the AM shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is one of these ...435904.jpg

435905.jpg

Spotted on Patrick's St in Cork this afternoon :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Top Dog wrote: »
    Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is one of these ...

Spotted on Patrick's St in Cork this afternoon :cool:

I'm sure the lads in the NCT center love seeing him arrive :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Hey guys,

I haven't been here for a while and will probably stay quiet for a little more as life with new baby is so different than being a single. I'm passing some nice cars on the way to and from work but don't even have time to take photos plus my camera being not the best lately and I droped it while being in zoo few weeks ago and steady something not working... showing me error but already looking to buy new camera and looking to back on car spotting scene early 2018 (maybe march)

But thats not reason I post here. I saw few pages back someone spot green Aston Martin Vanuish S on 171-D reg. I remember this car was on display at Charles Hurst in Belfast and it was going some of their events. I mailed them and asked if it would be possible to know when this car be on display on some of their events but no answer so I decide to ask yous if anyone of you know the owner or know how to contact him/her. I fall in love with this car when I saw photos of it first and I'd really like to ask owner for a chance of photosession with this car.

So if anyone of you know anything about this car or owner could you please send me a pm? I'd really appreciate any help.

:)

Hey, I was the OP who followed it on the Dublin / Cork road & took the photo. I've seen it a couple of times since on the same road around the same time - 4pm ish. Last time he was pulling off at the Cashel junction if that helps at all - may be worth asking in the Tipp forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Hey, I was the OP who followed it on the Dublin / Cork road & took the photo. I've seen it a couple of times since on the same road around the same time - 4pm ish. Last time he was pulling off at the Cashel junction if that helps at all - may be worth asking in the Tipp forum

I got some info about car and owner on pm but still really hard to find any contact details or i don't know where to look for them and i don't want to go and knock someone door to ask about car, think it would be weird and i'll be told to **** off. Easiest for me be email address but looks like i can only wish for photosession with that car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Lexus LC in work carpark today. Good looking car I must say.

IMG_20171212_135546.jpg

The paint finish is stunning when your up close.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

IMG-20171212-WA0000_zpslxdbjt85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Guy next door to me has a 171 civic type r. Met him the other day, he brought it some place in the uk to be tuned to 400hp, not sure how realistic this is but it must be. A quick car either way

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I often wonder why nobody hijacks a truck load of cars, even with basic family cars there could be €300k worth of cars on it, all with the keys and brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I often wonder why nobody hijacks a truck load of cars, even with basic family cars there could be €300k worth of cars on it, all with the keys and brand new.

Too risky. You'll have to have a hiding spot big enough for an artic and get there in a short space of time while making sure there's no trackers still active. Then you have to go through the trouble of smuggling them back out of the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Would the cars have trackers?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Too risky. You'll have to have a hiding spot big enough for an artic and get there in a short space of time while making sure there's no trackers still active. Then you have to go through the trouble of smuggling them back out of the country

And outrun an i30 if you get chased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bear1 wrote: »
    Would the cars have trackers?

The truck more than likely would. Fleet tracker kind of thing at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Wow I'm amazed.
    Never knew they had a speed limiter attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A lot of cars don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Saw a Mustang today, not just any Mustang but a proper Full Fat, 5.0 litre GT V8 model .. out in the wild, in Ireland.

I have seen a few Mustangs out on the road but all have been the 2.3 version. I nearly spat out my coffee when I saw the 5.0 badge on the side.

Excuse the śh picture, but hey, its better than no picture!

970506_E9-496_D-4735-9619-_E71127629_BA6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

ION08 wrote: »
    970506_E9-496_D-4735-9619-_E71127629_BA6.jpg

Nice one

IMG-20171213-WA0000_zpsybhrublo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

OSI wrote: »
    You'd have to have the equipment and hook up to PDI them all as well otherwise they'll be stuck to like 10km/h

Any pre PDI cars I used to drive never had speed limiters attached? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭goochy

omg - is that the new model Phantom or a silver cloud ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭McCrack

Either way a horrible looking yoke

The older Rolls or Bentleys had class

you are right about older cars and don't like it in black but the Phantom is the one car from the new breed of German Rolls and Bentleys I like. Has a lot of presence and gets the Rolls feel just right

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

goochy wrote: »
    you are right about older cars and don't like it in black but the Phantom is the one car from the new breed of German Rolls and Bentleys I like. Has a lot of presence and gets the Rolls feel just right

It's fooking obnoxious - maybe that's why you like it! :D

omg - is that the new model Phantom or a silver cloud ?

New Phantom. Impressive looking thing.

finding a car lover who doesn't admire the Phantom would be a hard job - whether u like it or not they are like nothing else on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Geoff845

Looks pretty mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Geoff845 wrote: »
    Looks pretty mean

Beautiful. Where's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'm not really an Audi head but that looks brilliant. Some of the newer Audis such as the A7 look fantastic in those deep blues. I think its called sepang blue, then again I'm a sucker for a blue car anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Geoff845

I'm not really an Audi head but that looks brilliant. Some of the newer Audis such as the A7 look fantastic in those deep blues. I think its called sepang blue, then again I'm a sucker for a blue car anyway!

Racing Mica Blue, exclusive colour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

finding a car lover who doesn't admire the Phantom would be a hard job - whether u like it or not they are like nothing else on the road.

It just reminds me of Thunderbirds :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement