Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What's the story with leaving the ferry yoke on the mirror?

I think if they are pulled by customs it shows they are only here for a visit. That RR is the SVR version, a 5.0 petrol, yer man roared off after his chat and the noise was something else. There is a 1 minute video on youtube of the sound they make and it is like a big cat growling. I saw an M3 with the competition pack and a white M4 amongst a load of other yokes.

BMW seems to be the marque of choice this year in particular the X6 m sport in white. My better half's Dad bought a 17 arctic white M sport X6 and I am having great fun telling him how he would fit in so well with the nomads this Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Swanky

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Joe 90

IMG_20171223_1325494711_zpspzflkxli.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Bonus points if anyone can spot the ever so subtle AMG badge!!
    (Why ruin a nice car with a scanger sticker?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Days have merged together lately due to work, but I think I took these on Thursday evening outside 4Home in Mallow. Drove out a little while later. Mature couple, gently rolling out (I'm hoping to let the oil warm up and not because they always drive that way :D)

Reg checks out too;
    LANCIA DELTA HF TURBO 8 INTEGRALE LEFT HAND DRIVE

436941.jpg

436942.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Lamborghini Murcielago SV 6.5 V12 on irish reg.

Didnt see it myself, pic sent by a friend

5_BEF9623-1_E3_D-4_B27-9_FBB-123835_AB69_BB.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

ION08 wrote: »
    Lamborghini Murcielago SV 6.5 V12 on irish reg.

I`ve been sent pics of that car by a couple of people from when first came over and was on yellow plates a few months back to after it was registered, as yet it still haven't got the chance to see it in person. Eye watering price tag on it, fair play to the owner though, its getting around so he must be driving it a lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You see some fine specimens of old Audi’s on the road in Lithuania

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'd use a different word ;)
    North American import it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Coolock

27555637009_f45d95b966_c.jpg

• Advertisement

American rear bumper?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's a nice car. Wouldn't mind owning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

bear1 wrote: »
    American rear bumper?

More likely a Jap import.

Tropheus wrote: »
    More likely a Jap import.

Do the Japanese also use those red and orange light strips at the sides like in America?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Do the Japanese also use those red and orange light strips at the sides like in America?

Since that is RHD I would presume so :D

Since that is RHD I would presume so :D

I was thinking more he ordered a rear bumper from the US :P but balls with it I'm more than likely wrong.

F0wQ2Cg.jpg

bNmzT4F.jpg

In my local BMW dealer. It looks even better in the metal.:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why the hell have they my car on display? I only sent it in to get a service and few other jobs sorted.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ^

I thought all E30 M3's were LHD?

It was converted to RHD. Birds did a few conversions in the UK when they came out. This car was converted.

Read the description on this.

http://www.munichlegends.co.uk/item/e30-m3-sport-evolution-uk-car-rhd-61300

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

In my local BMW dealer. It looks even better in the metal.:cool::cool:
    Way back in the day(very early 90's) I had a loan of one of these for a couple of days. After I got used to BMW's odd mistake of placing the steering wheel in front of the passenger, I found it a bloody wonderful car. It was powerful, but then again back then in Ireland anything with more than 100 horsies was "powerful", :D but it was so easy to drive. And drive quickly. It isn't a fast car by today's standards, but by god it is a quick one and has more feedback than an AC/DC gig. I'd have one in a heartbeat. Another one of those truly great driver's cars from that wonderful if all too short lived era between the era of having to grease trunnions, sand points and have the AA phone number memorised and the era of when the nerds installed playstations under the bonnet and removed feel with the zeal of a Calvinist condom maker(from 1990 to 2000 pretty much). Though the new Alpine A110 gives me hope.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ^

I thought all E30 M3's were LHD?

Wipers are a LHD setup.

Always wondered why the 5 series has lhd wiper motors?
    Was it to save costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Always wondered why the 5 series has lhd wiper motors?
    Was it to save costs?

I'd imagine so. Clio was the same at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,664 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

ba_barabus wrote: »
    [...] Clio was the same at one stage.

Same was with some Peugeot models AFAIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Stephenc66

It was converted to RHD. Birds did a few conversions in the UK when they came out. This car was converted.

Read the description on this.

http://www.munichlegends.co.uk/item/e30-m3-sport-evolution-uk-car-rhd-61300

Bertie Fisher and Austin McCale both had RHD converted Rally cars, and I know of one RHD road car here in the 90s I think it belonged to Eugene Meegan car dealer and rally driver. That particular car white if I recall was converted here in Ireland

Stephenc66 wrote: »
    Bertie Fisher and Austin McCale both had RHD converted Rally cars, and I know of one RHD road car here in the 90s I think it belonged to Eugene Meegan car dealer and rally driver. That particular car white if I recall was converted here in Ireland

The one I linked came from the Isle of Mann.

From what I've read most of the conversions were quite poor, I don't remember exact details other than that they rusted a lot more than standard lhd models. They apparently also lost some of their directness because the standard E30 track was much longer, the reason a lot of us fit E36/E46 racks.

Fabulous looking car though, I've not seen it at any shows or meets that I can remember!

jozi wrote: »
    From what I've read most of the conversions were quite poor, I don't remember exact details other than that they rusted a lot more than standard lhd models. They apparently also lost some of their directness because the standard E30 track was much longer, the reason a lot of us fit E36/E46 racks.

Fabulous looking car though, I've not seen it at any shows or meets that I can remember!

Nor will you, it rarely hits the road.

Nor will you, it rarely hits the road.

Which is a shame and the case for a lot of them unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Really cool and really really weird at the same time. The Doug video for anyone interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-eWzZuXUQg

20171230_101958.jpg
    20171230_101951.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement