Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

pafro wrote: »
    Kia Sportage filling up in the middle of a junction... :confused::confused::eek:
    1531qxh.jpg

Is that a Porsche you're driving yourself? How is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pafro

vintagevrs wrote: »

Yes a Cayman. Sold my 911 for it and very happy with it.
    Could be a bit more powerful, compared to the 911, but it makes it up with the handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭goochy

congrats - is it 07 ?

goochy wrote: »
    congrats - is it 07 ?
    Yes

30rku9e.jpg

nice , I thought it was an MH one going around cork - bought recently from deerpark mtr co.

• Advertisement

nice , I thought it was an MH one going around cork - bought recently from deerpark mtr co.

I now the one you are talking about. Brought this in myself from the UK last year.

i saw some guy in some sort of uk reg red Mitsubishi ralliart estate racing the 07MH one near st patricks church recently - not saying the Porsche driver was racing but the guy in mitsi. was definitely gunning for him !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Liffey Valley

520d but the color/wrap

7xnyQuK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Greg81 wrote: »
    Liffey Valley

520d but the color/wrap

[img][/img]

Bold colour for a 20d, you'd just about get away with it on an M5....

The mud flaps would be a no -no for me - if it was mirror finish would look better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Greg81 wrote: »
    Liffey Valley

520d but the color/wrap

7xnyQuK.jpg

"It's not about money...it's about sending a message"

latest?cb=20090903145508

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

You don't see too many of these any more (or ever really). A VW Phaeton spotted in Naas this morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

On a side discussion, I do think that thanks to the you tube infulencers and the Yanami's of this world that strong colours for cars are coming back. For so long the Irish fleet was grey, and black and maybe a green or two. Then the reds and whites start to come back and now your stronger colours are more popular.

I for one think its great to see a bit of diversity out there. Wraps are not my thing but they do stand out and I appreciate the individuality and confidence of them.

Would much rather a 520d with a purple wrap than one with a m5 badge and ebay quads. Wind deflectors are the most offensive thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

vintagevrs wrote: »

Jesus Christ, good spot

love those cars - pity they were a sales disaster worldwide - the W12 and 5.0 v10 tdi are particularly appealing as you cant get those engines in your usual german luxobarges.( bar the A8 )

love those cars - pity they were a sales disaster worldwide - the W12 and 5.0 v10 tdi are particularly appealing as you cant get those engines in your usual german luxobarges.( bar the A8 )

I love them in theory but the seats are crap, only thing that puts me off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

On a side discussion, I do think that thanks to the you tube infulencers and the Yanami's of this world that strong colours for cars are coming back. For so long the Irish fleet was grey, and black and maybe a green or two. Then the reds and whites start to come back and now your stronger colours are more popular.

I for one think its great to see a bit of diversity out there. Wraps are not my thing but they do stand out and I appreciate the individuality and confidence of them.

Would much rather a 520d with a purple wrap than one with a m5 badge and ebay quads. Wind deflectors are the most offensive thing.

I agree.

How would you feel about this S5 ?

The good, the bad or the ugly ?

N2VkZTRlZmVmODRjYzJmMTY2ZjY5ZTQ4NmU5NTcyODM0KSNkSZQ9obAV94q-Euw-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDQ1MjE3OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-s5-2011/17934742

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Carpentry wrote: »
    I agree.

The good, the bad or the ugly ?

N2VkZTRlZmVmODRjYzJmMTY2ZjY5ZTQ4NmU5NTcyODM0KSNkSZQ9obAV94q-Euw-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185NDQ1MjE3OHx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

That's a truly savage car (with savage mileage for just over six years!), but absolutely ruined in my (admittedly older and more conservative) view by that rear light cluster and the orange / red surrounds on the wheels and spots. I'm not a fan of the seat colour either, but if it were a little bit cheaper it would be something you could get over. I drove one once - phenomenal!

Anatom wrote: »
    That's a truly savage car (with savage mileage for just over six years!), but absolutely ruined in my (admittedly older and more conservative) view by that rear light cluster and the orange / red surrounds on the wheels and spots. I'm not a fan of the seat colour either, but if it were a little bit cheaper it would be something you could get over. I drove one once - phenomenal!

I could live with the colour & interior, but my god those wheels particularly are an abomination. Lights would have to go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Audi RS6 Performance:
    [IMG][/img]3nIIdZil.jpg
    [IMG][/img]gqgXj1Zl.jpg

Mercedes- Benz S55 AMG:
    [IMG][/img]8pioIjbl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]mUJbLgKl.jpg

Porsche 911 Carrera S:
    [IMG][/img]bTH943Rl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]DcQU7lOl.jpg

Lamborghini Murcielago SV:
    [IMG][/img]pAW1FBDl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]ewFwQf2l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I spotted that rs6, some machine! Where was the lambo :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

jozi wrote: »
    I spotted that rs6, some machine! Where was the lambo :eek:

Fitzwilliam square.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

IMG_20180220_192538.jpg
    442688.jpg
    Cherrywood on Tuesday - terrible pic I know! 181 D 15XXX or 18XXX approx, can't remember. Looked amazing! Rarely see one that new.

Carpentry wrote: »
    I agree.

Personally I think the interior is awful, the outside would be grand if the inside of the rims were not painted. Having said that somebody loved that car and made it theirs.

Anyone buying a 991.2 at the moment is mad, the 992 is coming out very soon. Porsche are pushing out editions to try sell a few. The 991.2 is lovely, and they are much better in the metal than in pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

While I tend to agree with the post, and I've thanked it to say as much, I'm confused by the bolded bit. Wind deflectors are offensive? In general or on that particular car? Comment just confused me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I have to agree wind deflectors are up there with steering wheel covers and furry dice for me.

Top Dog wrote: »
    Comment just confused me :confused:

Yes I have that effect on people. I hate wind deflectors on any car, I think they look terrible, and i dont know why that car has them???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yes I have that effect on people. I hate wind deflectors on any car, I think they look terrible, and i dont know why that car has them???

I assume the driver is/was a smoker when I see them. I'm off the fags now, but left them on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I've fitted wind deflectors to every car I've owned if they weren't already fitted on purchase. While I'm a smoker, I've fitted them moreso for my own protection. Draft caused by cracked window can/did cause Bells Palsy, and after suffering it once I do what I can to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Bet you never thought they could be fitted for medical reasons :D

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    I've fitted wind deflectors to every car I've owned if they weren't already fitted on purchase. While I'm a smoker, I've fitted them moreso for my own protection. Draft caused by cracked window can/did cause Bells Palsy, and after suffering it once I do what I can to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Bet you never thought they could be fitted for medical reasons :D

I actually know quite a bit about bells palsy and exposure to cold has not been documented as a risk factor in literature. Bell's palsy primarily is a neurogenic disorder and not a vascular disease, anecdotally, exposure to cold is a frequently cited cause. This association remains unproven and speculative. I would say quitting smoking would be a better preventative measure as it is a known link to localized ischemia which is a much more likely candidate for Bell's.;)...however you can do whatever you want with your own car. I think they are stupid looking bits of cheap plastic and as an ex smoker I dont understand what they are for, if the weather is bad just crack the window a little and let the little vortex between the windows and the mirror suck out the ash and smoke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement