Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder just spotted in D2

Such a bad pic that it almost looks like a Toyota MR-S :D

985_E79_A9-_A6_DE-4_C2_B-_B805-23_A07_FC3772_D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I didn't see it but still a nice car. Supposedly just the titanium exhaust tips cost more than a BMW M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I didn't see it but still a nice car. Supposedly just the titanium exhaust tips cost more than a BMW M4.

Does she come with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Vicxas wrote: »

I suppose if you had one of those cars you can be sure her or someone like her would be really interested in you for some reason but I haven't figured out why. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Titanium isn't that expensive surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Not the raw material, must be for the whole exhaust, design,fabrication testing etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

tc20 wrote: »
    just spotted in Bray - glorious sound, as you would expect -aural sex!

I think this is the highest reg number I've seen - 10 D 132451..

I had a Mondeo reg 10D 132742, it was registered last October 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Really cool sight, nice, clean, unmodified, C63

XRC4zqm.png

The opposite.

Hyundai just joined the "Multipla club".

NksxCvn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I love the muscular look and lines of that generation C Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

IMG-20180307-_WA0013.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not the raw material, must be for the whole exhaust, design,fabrication testing etc name on the car.
    :) Yeah Ti is harder to weld than steel, but not by much, not far off aluminium in difficulty and we've been doing it for decades, so most of the price is down to the logo and the commonly considered difficulty in fabricating and welding it. If the exhaust ends alone truly cost more than a whole car, then you can be sure someone is extracting the urine on an industrial scale. Same for pretty much any "luxury" Veblen goods. The profit margins on Ferrari's and Lambo's is far far higher than "average", even not so average cars. IIRC Ferrari makes about a hundred grand net profit on average on each car sold. That's before we get to all the other merch they sell. Again IIRC a marque like Mercedes make around 5K per car. Granted they do sell a helluva lot more of the yokes*. :D

Don't get me wrong I bloody love super and hypercars. IMHO we need more daft, silly, beautiful, crazy, dream things in our lives rather than fewer. But it is what it is.

*and are a lot more reliable. Granted Ferrari have come on there, certainly when compared to the 80's and 90's stuff. Beautifully elegant engineering packages just waiting to give up the ghost. As reliable as a baby's arse. It would sh1t itself, it was only a question of when. 1960's Ferraris driven regularly were more reliable(though their engines were "delicate". One reason why guys like Steve McQueen went over to Porsche). The NSX really rattled their cage on that score. Even so it could be easily argued a 20 year old NSX running regular(normal) services would still be more reliable than a brand new Ferrari, or certainly one that was five years old.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I love the muscular look and lines of that generation C Class.
    I hear that MM. I like that generations myself. Like you say there was a muscularity to them. And I say that as someone who generally was never really drawn to German cars*. I know, I know; burn him for he is clearly a heretic. :D

In the spirit of the thread; earlier today I did see a Porsche 944 in Donnybrook, Dublin. In red. Looked in nice nick. Also glimpsed a BMW E9(?) in white. The 70's job that I think was the basis of the BMW "Batmobile"? Sorry I'm not great on BMW's. Looked in fantastic condition. I got a mutual a wave and a thumbs up after the driver spotted me looking and since I'm also driving an old yoke.

*Dunno why, as I appreciate the deep history of all German marques. Just never really appealed. In my "Lotto Garage" it would be French, British, Italian, Japanese. Maybe one of the original series American Stingrays(with restomod underpinnings, so it didn't try to kill me). I'd have maybe one German, the original BMW M3. I even had the loan of one back in the day. Nice yoke. A Gullwing is lovely to look at, but after the first spirited corner where it tried to kill me I'd call foul. A rellie of mine actually had one back in the day and it tried to kill him. Ended up totalled.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pafro

2015 Cupra

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

A quick/bad snap... Never sure how people will react to having a picture of their car taken.

Not something you see too often in Ireland...

28 years and 10 miles apart, on the way from work, yesterday.

4wfhaUx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Vicxas wrote: »

I think she 'came' in the car, when she hit the loud pedal :D

Should add to this thread but I'm clearly crap at this pic quality wise*. :o

445165.jpg

1981 Mercedes 300? series convertible with hard top. Was in lovely nick. Still a very handsome car. Digging the plaid seats. :)

*must have lost/hit the polarising lens as it's normally a great Dashcam for pics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Here is what I saw today:
    V9PW6jB.jpg
    5VklnsI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

And here is preview of RIAC Classic Car Show at RDS for all of you:
    15QBJMD.jpg
    5jJL5RJ.jpg
    wYLrct6.jpg
    q0ccO6w.jpg
    wbqaxhe.jpg
    V1PYewB.jpg
    jsWRJh5.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

445181.jpeg

An Irish registered Maybach parked outside Central Hotel , Dublin.
    Who owns it? Chauffeur I think was in the driver seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Seen this today in Lidl car park Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Clarehall

6aSJFZ0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Dia1988 wrote: »

It belongs to Johnny Ronan, well known property developer.

Clarehall

Bentayga :D

Only joking, in black is acceptable, but any other color is :eek:

Bentayga in Cumbrian green is a definite lotto win car for me!

Bentayga in Cumbrian green is a definite lotto win car for me!

looks very decent in pictures

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

An almost pristine Charleston...peeing fluid all over the forecourt...

39836496395_93bc2e84ab_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dia1988 wrote: »

As far as I can tell, the only people with older Maybachs in Ireland are Johnny Ronan, John Magnier and Enya.

I heard John Magnier took delivery of the new one last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

BMW X2 Launch in Eatyard:
    [IMG][/img]hgFw1Wtl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]LNbfTw0l.jpg

Porsche 911:
    [IMG][/img]GF4HT1El.jpg
    [IMG][/img]tK33ZOXl.jpg

Porsche 911 Turbo:
    [IMG][/img]dfBpdfql.jpg