Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I was invited to that launch. Was it worth going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

I was invited to that launch. Was it worth going to?

They were giving out vouchers to be used at the vendors in eat yard. It was good, although I think it was more of a preview than an actual launch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Saw this earlier in a Hyundai i30 estate that made me chuckle. The owners must have had a VW that fooked them over before their Hyundai! Hopefully it’s not used as a family wagon.

445241.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

An Irish registered Maybach parked outside Central Hotel , Dublin.
    Who owns it? Chauffeur I think was in the driver seat.[/QUOTE]

It was johnny ronans, not sure if it still is. Both that mayback and his black slr were held by Mercedes in storage I think for a good few years until last year, they`re both back out and about now, not sure if they're still his.

Them maybachs (the 57 & 62) have lost all the allure they had during the boom, they just look like vulgar and aged now

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not unlike Johnny Ronan himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Looked like the real deal.

26865767998_1214bdc35f_c.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

MarkN wrote: »
    Looked like the real deal.

I love the look of the new Civic in blue.

Fair play to Honda they dare to be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭MarkN

Dia1988 wrote: »

Best looking Civic in years (from the front anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,026 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1949 Packard, under restoration, chrome removed to be restored.

Imported from Scotland.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Dia1988 wrote: »

I actually like the look of it in general. Very bold design but it stands out a mile which in my mind is a good thing in a sea of drab.
    Saw the type r a few days ago and thought it looked the business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Today at the RDS. I thought the Beetle looked class, and the Boxster worthy of a pic given that it must be one of the first. Cool Glanza on steelies for Toyotafanboi too

26878850748_7c907d5918_c.jpg

40706843662_5597b325fe_c.jpg

25878781047_c267486a4c_c.jpg

26878837648_1706afe47d_c.jpg

40706844962_b188660cc1_c.jpg

16_B1_D38_B-2_E0_B-4_D1_D-8_A80-8_BB36721_E784.jpg

Spoiler set in up position, ‘all wheel drive’ plate surrounds!
    Rear doors are cool though, not sure how much fun they’d be in an underground car park.

Apparently the doors can sense when they are in confined places and open up accordingly.

Interestingly loads of Tesla’s seem to have the same plate surround

I see that now, dunno what that’s about

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

And here is preview of RIAC Classic Car Show at RDS for all]

Any info on the Mercedes E500?

Deane Motors are selling it AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

A few from the RIAC in the RDS today:
    [IMG][/img]ailHq9tl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]iazkdVQl.jpg

[IMG][/img]ciPRmu6l.jpg
    [IMG][/img]6EdaL0Nl.jpg

[IMG][/img]YtBAOtcl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]9UJo0rLl.jpg

[IMG][/img]ME8Dinkl.jpg

[IMG][/img]nS33wmwl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

One in Ireland and second last ever produced (last driving one). Last produced is in Porsche Museum in Germany. Have double colour interior whats rare in those Mercedes. Thats what owner said to me when I was there looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

One in Ireland and second last ever produced (last driving one). Last produced is in Porsche Museum in Germany. Have double colour interior whats rare in those Mercedes. Thats what owner said to me when I was there looking at it.

Rowan Atkinson's sold at auction last month for 61k stg. Can't see anything on Deane motors website about it, found a reference to it on their FB page but no info on it.
    A fairly rare car and very desirable. They'll be changing hands for crazy money in the coming years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Spotted in Cork at the w/end.

445337.jpg
    445338.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Now that's a nice car. I would love to own a late 60's to 70's muscle car but it would need to be fully restored with a modern V8 engine(more power) and bucket seats as those has atrocious seats. I think I will have to win the lotto first or maybe become Irelands Pablo Escobar. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

This car was in the same place in Newbridge a few weeks ago when I snapped it. This angle really shows it off

0nRDZRYl.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Now that's a nice car. I would love to own a late 60's to 70's muscle car but it would need to be fully restored with a modern V8 engine(more power) and bucket seats as those has atrocious seats. I think I will have to win the lotto first or maybe become Irelands Pablo Escobar. :eek:

Until recently Resto-Mods were looked down upon in the US restoration scene. Nowadays they are accepted and quite popular. They are not as pricey as you may think.

Of course, you can always just buy to order, and you can pick and choose what modern features (such as brakes or air-con) you want, and what originals you want to keep.

Example. Feel free to drool away. And they are all available in RHD. http://www.brandnewmusclecar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Thanks for that link but me and you have different ideas of cheap. $175,000 dollars average price and thats before you pay for converting to dollars then shipping(which wouldn't be cheap as I would want it in a container so not to damage it on the boat over) and then what ever you have to pay to the Irish government.

Not cheap at all sure I could buy a nice house in some parts of the country for that.

Now you can’t see anything!
    8_A2_F17_BC-160_B-4_D91-8_E9_D-4_D1_FEF82_A47_E.jpg

Sort. Those choose-to-order resto-mod new builds are not cheap, no. However, those on the used market can be.

Here you go, something the Gardai in Dublin could do with.
    wcU9RgA.jpg

Since they beefed up the Charger, it has become accepted for CHP use. They are very sleek vehicles, and with the pushbar, are very mean-looking, especially in the rear view mirror.

4meOQXJ.jpg

May go for the "Oldest vehicle I saw today" thread. There's a Model A in there somewhere.

3TrjJNy.jpg

And a whole salvo of 1940s tractors. This was only some.

LBH3ISB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Was this your local parade?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Pabl O'Escobar?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement