Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I took this GT-R for a spin today. Even if you don't like the car itself, I would highly recommend at least once in your life driving one. I've been in a lot of cars but this one still holds a very ridiculous place in my heart for the pace it has.

30284887108_6f2be92139_c.jpg

30284886228_626c3b5189_c.jpg

30284884518_2af6a0f231_c.jpg

30284888668_e083863848_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

bazz26 wrote: »

Hollybrook Sport Cars has one for sale up north including vrt ( €25112 ) plus Stirling conversion €58622 gives a price of €83734 ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

bazz26 wrote: »

You could compare it to the E43 AMG similar price 3l V6 but alfa a lot more power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Carpentry wrote: »
    and manually adjustable seats

I don’t think you buy a car like that for its electric seats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

ofcork wrote: »
    You could compare it to the E43 AMG similar price 3l V6 but alfa a lot more power.

It’s not a E43 rival at all. M3 and C63.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭blade1

maddness wrote: »
    I don’t think you buy a car like that for its electric seats

Would anyone buy a car like that for that money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

blade1 wrote: »

If I had it, absolutely

If I had it, absolutely

Don't get me wrong,it's a nice car.
    I just think people spending that much money tend to go for something else..or do they?

Edit: just spotted the tax is 570.
    I take it back, everyone will want it for the cheap tax!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Don't get me wrong,it's a nice car.
    I just think people spending that much money tend to go for something else..or do they?

Yea range rovers, s classes & the like are dearer. Suppose the Alfa is a slightly younger persons car, and they don't often have that kind of money to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

In my experience it's not that people spending that kind of money don't want to buy that kind of car, it's that the depreciation is too much.

• Advertisement

In my experience it's not that people spending that kind of money don't want to buy that kind of car, it's that the depreciation is too much.

True,thats one reason I can't ever see myself buying a new car.
    Unless I'm trying to get rid of money! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Yes

Yes

Stick up a pic when you pick it up! :)

A m3/m4 is the same money. Personally the Alfa is a bit of a risk for me.....seems to be some serious reliability issues with them, and the even the reviewers who rave about them cant look past this. They look fantastic, interior is good and they go like stink. WIll loose 2/3 of its value in 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

A m3/m4 is the same money. Personally the Alfa is a bit of a risk for me.....seems to be some serious reliability issues with them, and the even the reviewers who rave about them cant look past this. They look fantastic, interior is good and they go like stink. WIll loose 2/3 of its value in 5 years

Reliability issues with the giulia?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

bear1 wrote: »

Think he's referring to Alfa's old reputation for unreliability. Not sure if it still applies though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

A lot of the quadrofolio review cars broke down during testing. Random transmission errors and electrical issues. Matt Farrah's noted that he would buy one himself but not recommend one to a friend. Alfa people seem not to mind this so much, its part of the experiance.

A lot of the quadrofolio review cars broke down during testing. Random transmission errors and electrical issues. Matt Farrah's noted that he would buy one himself but not recommend one to a friend. Alfa people seem not to mind this so much, its part of the experiance.

I'm one of those Alfa people ;) but I wouldn't be best pleased dropping 100k on a car that needs to go to the garage so early on in life.
    Wonder if it's because of it being the first batch and then the car is made better further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'm one of those Alfa people ;) but I wouldn't be best pleased dropping 100k on a car that needs to go to the garage so early on in life.
    Wonder if it's because of it being the first batch and then the car is made better further down the line.

I've been in and driven a few and they all had quality issues. I did see a statistic that 40% of them had been returned for warranty work within 6 months of sale. The Qaudrofromaggio* seems to have a tendency to overheat in various ways due to cost cutting and an under specced cooling system.

I'd own one myself but could never recommend one.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I've been in and driven a few and they all had quality issues. I did see a statistic that 40% of them had been returned for warranty work within 6 months of sale. The Qaudrofromaggio* seems to have a tendency to overheat in various ways due to cost cutting and an under specced cooling system.

I'd own one myself but could never recommend one.

Surprisingly the 159 I've got hasn't given me any quality issues at all. I've jinxed it now.

• Advertisement

I'd own one myself

In what circumstances would you own one?

In what circumstances would you own one?

Any. I've owned Alfas before. I just couldn't be arsed with listening to folk I'd recommended them to if they give any hassle.

Surprisingly the 159 I've got hasn't given me any quality issues at all. I've jinxed it now.

It'll explode now. Mine have gearbox issues but u bought it right in the first place and priced that in. I loved owning it but it was time for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Head gasket on the missus Mito went this week, minced the top end too. 4k car worth nothing overnight..

Any. I've owned Alfas before. I just couldn't be arsed with listening to folk I'd recommended them to if they give any hassle.

Sorry I thought you meant you'd have the one for €107k.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

I love those cars. I'd like to get one next. Is yours the Jtd?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭MarkN

286bhp :)

44178922831_860883545f_c.jpg

43461007814_afed386214_c.jpg

43461002834_6de3491ef7_c.jpg

43461003674_bcf28d6838_c.jpg

43273301405_e30efb4bba_c.jpg

30311903958_e98af227e0_c.jpg

44178910991_8dce0cb1ba_c.jpg

30311897458_1854857083_c.jpg

43461011984_a6e44ffc13_c.jpg

43461017264_e0c4e41a63_c.jpg

I love those cars. I'd like to get one next. Is yours the Jtd?

She's the 20v q4 model ;)

It'll explode now. Mine have gearbox issues but u bought it right in the first place and priced that in. I loved owning it but it was time for a change.

Luckily the m32 box isn't used in the 2.4 and as it has the q4 system then it's more beefed up.
    If it did have the m32 I would never have bought it.
    It's just a disaster of a box

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

She's the 20v q4 model ;)

The 2.4L?

Sounds like a bit of poke & probably not the worst economy wise :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement