Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The 2.4L?

Sounds like a bit of poke & probably not the worst economy wise :)

Yeah 2.4.
    You know it's such a heavy car that I sort of regret not going for an automatic.
    But it's running around 250 horses now, drove down to Italy the other week and averaged 7.5l brim to brim and that was with quite a bit of spirited driving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

bear1 wrote: »
    You know it's such a heavy car that I sort of regret not going for an automatic.
    You have to work the gear box a fair bit?

You have to work the gear box a fair bit?

Ah no but its just my own feel for it.
    It can quite easily sit in any gear and won't feel laboured and when dropping a gear for an overtake it can be pretty fun.
    I think it's just my age suggesting I'm tired of changing gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I have been down in Kerry for the past while. A few bits from my travels.
    20180821_140313.jpg
    20180821_150018.jpg

Have a close look at the rear badges. I was stopped at the time.
    20180817_122830.jpg

Why are they reversing? V8.. on an 08 plate. Brave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

At a roundabout and they had edged out too far. It isnt a V8, it's a durty daysul.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s actually a V6 diesel.
    What’s notable about this one though is that it’s not on €95 tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

bazz26 wrote: »

Anyone else notice that the car is advertised as a diesel???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

A Bristol on Mount St. I didn't know they still made them.

20180822_005540.jpghost image online

20180822_005458.jpg

The Vauxhall rear lights are comical :)

They went wallop a few years ago and there’s a new company set up. There was talks of a new model but I don’t think it materialised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Crazy expensive cars when new. Vauxhall Senator rear lights were an improvement, they used to borrow Bedford van lights before that. :D

Capri front end?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Starlet Thurles

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

A few ones from the last couple of days to try to get above the clutter of chat that has recently taken over .

a8_zpsa2w8e2qx.png

i8_zpszwqgirmn.jpg

amg_zpsavwwtnvi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

Stunner

Stunner

Love the colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

yep...I will have that M3 thank you very much...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

davemc180 wrote: »
    Stunner

Individual colour, CS and carbon brakes too! (think the carbon brakes are standard on the CS??!!)
    NICE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Is it wrong that an M3 has 4 doors? Stunning car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is it wrong that an M3 has 4 doors? Stunning car.

There is the M4 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

davemc180 wrote: »
    Stunner

I love the M3, the colour, everything but please get a replacement wing mirror ASAP! It might be the angle and that there's nothing wrong with the mirror in which case I apologist.

Product of the bin truck, fixed now , good spot

The brakes !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

A few ones from the last couple of days to try to get above the clutter of chat that has recently taken over

One of the lads who owns one of the i8`s in the second pic down picked up an f12 to replace his 458 last weekend. His 458 was Irish reg`d, wonder if he`ll do the same with the f12.

*edit* Yeah he vrt`d it, on a 141 plate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

recent spots..minimum 8 cylinders required :cool:

I thought all Bentley Continentals were 12cyl, but spotted a "V8S" badge on the wing - I looked like a cheapo Halfords badge but i discovered they brought out a V8 model...every day's a school day as they say...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Look at this!

29282329937_5761c6e7f4_z.jpg

Used daily apparently too...

43500751644_620f4db0bb_z.jpg

1_ACBF2_C7-986_A-4672-_A56_B-_DA3_EB33_AC996.jpg

Camry Hybrid,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

A lot of the quadrofolio review cars broke down during testing. Random transmission errors and electrical issues. Matt Farrah's noted that he would buy one himself but not recommend one to a friend. Alfa people seem not to mind this so much, its part of the experiance.

95% of the issues with the Giulia were software related iirc, I dont think they 'broke down' with failed gearboxes, but rather went into limp home mode. I know all the recalls for the Giulia are software related.

On the other hand, I wasnt so lucky back in 2004 with my M3. 2 years old with FBMWSH from Joe Duffy. Over 3 years I had bills totaling 5500e in various repairs from SMG issues to Aircon blowing high speed only, dash failure and finally the rear axle pulling itself from its mountings.

It still loved it dearly ( although preferred the manual version I had after) but it was not perfect. The Alfa 156 V6 I had later turned out to be just as good a car to drive normally ( although nowhere near as capable when pushing on) and aside from normal servicing and niggly electrical issues that I could sort myself, never gave any trouble.

"Alfa people" dont buy alfas just to enjoy the pain, we do it because we enjoy cars, and can look beyond the issues that arise while enjoying them. I could look beyond the issues of my M3, I can look beyond the issues of a Giulia.

I dont understand how some cars just keep being beat upon for being "unreliable", while everyone glosses over the reality of living with pretty much any complex modern car. We have just changed our trouble free 159 after 80000km over nearly 3 years, for a newer Giulietta JTDm 2.0. I honestly do not expect it to be any more trouble than any golf/leon/i30 we could have bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Ive seen a few camry's popping up on done deal over the last while. Didn't know that they sold them here or did Ireland get a load of them imported in the last few months

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement