Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

New 2 horsepower Vito!
    M1 today:

20181107-175302.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

That Type-R is sublime!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

MarkN wrote: »
    Potent is the word. Potent.
    New 2 horsepower Vito!
    M1 today:

2 pics containing cars packing big horses that catch the eye :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This left hooker 280SE on ZV plates drove past my shop today, it was beautiful...

45721199742_52f94a039a_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

That type R is great. But I just can’t get over how worn the seat bolster already is on a practically brand new car :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

ION08 wrote: »
    That type R is great. But I just can’t get over how worn the seat bolster already is on a practically brand new car :eek:

"Beauty is in the eye of..." and all that, but I think it looks total skanger.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ION08 wrote: »
    Not a shock ION. High bolsters like that don't wear well and don't last long. Add in alacantara and the miles show very rapidly. It's a cool looking material but ages and wears rapidly. I think that's Honda's press car demonstrator? The reg seems familiar.
    newmember? wrote: »
    "Beauty is in the eye of..." and all that, but I think it looks total skanger.
    It's an extremely capable car, but yeah IMHO too, they went way overboard on the "styling". The fake grills really irritate me. Where the rear doors cut into the quarter panel flares another. The three exhausts is a bit try hard. All the Halfords stuff doesn't help the bloat either. It's well over a hundred kilos heavier than the non R. For me "Type R" has always meant stripped out racing snake, lighter, with minimum extras, little more than a brilliantly sorted chassis and engine with seats attached.

If today I was in the market(and had the wallet required) and wanted the "Type R" experience I'd be saving up for an Alpine A110. They went full nerd on the weight saving for a start.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Wibbs wrote: »
    It's well over a hundred kilos heavier than the non R.

Seriously, there's no excuse for that. Doesn't sound like they were focused on making it the best car it could be, just the most attractive to their target market.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Feck all that though, I take it MarkN we're about to get a notification of your review of the R on the oul Youtubes? :) If you are, at some point you have to say...

0f8da7637be1d157852754500db94fe3.jpg

T'is an internet rule*.

If ye haven't already check out one of our own's channel. Good reviews IMHO, without the Clarkson stuff too may try and fail at**. And nicely done too.

*even if it's got more turbo than VTEC...

** Clarkson was good at it, but too many tried and failed to follow...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not a shock ION. High bolsters like that don't wear well and don't last long.

I've one that's 10 years old and isn't as bad as that, the problem is people sitting 'side saddle' while checking out the interior - either sit into it fully and do it properly or feel the wrath :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

The VTEC power band is gone alight but I think it's a better option to have low down power too. I had a 2014 GTI PP following me with a camera attached in the Dublin mountains yesterday and it simply couldn't keep up due to traction and handling. The Type R is also a good bit lighter than the Focus RS and Golf R.

If you can leave the subjective looks aside, it is a fantastic car to drive. Just as I finished recording yesterday the sunset popped out of the clouds and lit up the Sally Gap.

45785076301_a7e27eb542_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Aston Martin DB11:
    [IMG][/img]HjEG0lLl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]kV54qqvl.jpg

Porsche Panamera 4S:
    [IMG][/img]j6zQUeLl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]fWSQhfdl.jpg

BMW M5:
    [IMG][/img]i1j4mBbl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]gqjrMULl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

PJ Masks? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Big Nasty wrote: »
    PJ Masks? :D

2? God help us all🀣🀣

Saw a gorgeous Panamera in Cork Thursday night. Very nervous driver by the carry on of it. Or on the phone. Surely social media doesn't overtake driving one of those😕

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Audi E-Tron
    [IMG][/img]pHFbPJql.jpg
    [IMG][/img]1dbfpXZl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]cCN3cRZl.jpg

44066337750_3885b07b0d_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Cant hold a phone while driving but you can have a tv screen behind the steering wheel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

That's very like the bus The Prodigy used to promote and appears on the cover of their new album:

91CaPpM0jdL._SL1500_.jpg

I'd say there's quite a few of them still knocking out a living. There's another one in Dublin done up fancy as a victorian tea room doing tours.

This one had an American company doing a restaurant pub tour. The 2 men operating the bus bus were only back from a 3 week stint in Manchester doing promotions for the new Manchester branch of The Ivy restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

@ cullow123 - M5 looks like the ultimate sleeper (in those photos)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Had the absolute pleasure of driving this on my holidays, wasnt much to shout about. Unless you put her into sport mode that is.

9PJHVf8r.jpg

Also, there are some beautiful cars knocking around Orlando. Mostly Comaro's/Corvettes:

acGdbgT.jpg

And this bad boy was sitting in Epcot's Test Track:

ogrcg0P.jpg

Sorry about the sizes, tried to edit them and made a balls of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

8 Series launch in Dublin last night. Hugely impressive vehicle.
    Starting at €109,000, this was specced to about €135,000. 850i starts at €160,000+.

WSTeO6s.jpg

xRBsvBr.jpg

zKES0B0.jpg

KPo1cw8.jpg

moCaAUk.jpg

xTaiEK6.jpg

EHjMBPT.jpg

c2Pyvgp.jpg

lUmrPn7.jpg

8we01wd.jpg

ksfkVtu.jpg

CLp0I84.jpg

PQ2pMNK.jpg

MDjHOaM.jpg

YMYJd6O.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

bear1 wrote: »
    Cant hold a phone while driving but you can have a tv screen behind the steering wheel now.

Digital dash, the worst thing to happen to cars in the last 20 years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

rex-x wrote: »
    Digital dash, the worst thing to happen to cars in the last 20 years :(

more like LED display or something - permanently lit up - don't forget to turn your lights on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

newmember? wrote: »
    more like LED display or something - permanently lit up - don't forget to turn your lights on!

Everyone should just use auto lights at this stage.

Oh and BMW owners tell me there's too much going on on the dash of my lexus!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Are they OLED displays yet? If they were at least the black pixels would go completely dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

FC914-EF1-0-FD0-4-D5-E-BFAF-265-F810-F66-ED.jpg

First one of these I’ve seen, pushing 250k USD so several times that at home I’d imagine.

Regular Gs are quite common in NYC, the squared still stood out.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

IMG_20181117_134725_952_zps6fajxkhv.jpg

IMG_20181117_134629_826_zpseiscjruf.jpg

IMG_20181117_123356_zps8oxkojox.jpg

IMG_20181117_140443_816_zpsfl6lbfpw.jpg

IMG_20181117_140401_611_zpsy3ipcrvz.jpg

IMG_20181117_140539_345_zpsvt4xod1w.jpg

IMG_20181117_140723_524_zpsjhwnukkx.jpg

IMG_20181117_140835_620_zps5tecb42m.jpg
    IMG_20181117_152619_736_zps5hkfd0aw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'd love to own a Lotus some day (Elise or Exige) and that blue Silvia is gorgeous also!

What was the event at Mondello?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

An NSX in the wild, what a beauty!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement