Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

A very nice M135i I seen a week or two ago

I think I used to live a few doors up from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

Montiii wrote: »
    Project Kahn defender, yours for around £280k

Very similar to the brabus g wagen 6x6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

ofcork wrote: »
    Very similar to the brabus g wagen 6x6.

Wasnt the brabus around 700k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Montiii wrote: »
    Project Kahn defender, yours for around £280k

I could think of a whole host of cars that I would prefer at that price. Each to their own I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

A pair of DB9s in Greystones recently ,both of these are regular sightings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Frank Keane has an 840d and nice snapper rocks blue M5...

467087.JPG

467090.JPG

467091.JPG

467092.JPG

467093.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Is it just me or does the new M5 just look less special than models of the past, very bland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

rex-x wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the new M5 just look less special than models of the past, very bland

Makes for a great sleeper car - if you were that way inclined...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Pretty impressive in the flesh, I though similar until I sat in one the other day in my local BMW garage. Changed my opinion there and then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

The M5 has always been very close to the non M version. Never put in bonnet bulges. Its only the stance and track width that give it away. The e60 version has side vents that the regular e60 did not and that carried on into the F10 version. The g30 regular 5 series now has side vents that are different but you would need to know.

The M5 was always a sleeper car, or a Q car. The M3 was the flashy one, so its very consistent IMHO, Except for the track width and the quads you cannot tell unless you a car bore like us.

Having said that, I do think the g30 M5 failed to differentiate itself where it matters, in the engine department, from the f10 M5. Basically the same engine, basically the same power, same noise. Only the 4wd system and gearbox are different. And an auto box is a bit too smooth for a M car IMHO. I dont think a 30k bump in price is worth the extra offered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Frank Keane has an 840d and nice snapper rocks blue M5...

The new 8 series is such a great looking car, but the price is eye watering. I spec`d one to a decent level but not overboard on the bmw website and it came to €134k for a 840d, the 850i will easily be over €200k with a nice spec. Depreciation will hit them like a train. Maybe when they have 5 or 6 years they`ll be a realistic (and pretty fantastic) buy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

The new 8 series is such a great looking car, but the price is eye watering. I spec`d one to a decent level but not overboard on the bmw website and it came to €134k for a 840d, the 850i will easily be over €200k with a nice spec. Depreciation will hit them like a train. Maybe when they have 5 or 6 years they`ll be a realistic (and pretty fantastic) buy

€134k leaves a lot of room for discount. A lot of these high price models mean that dealers can get their rebates or hit their targets more easily meaning they are often very willing to leave them go at a much better deal than a standard 3 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

€134k leaves a lot of room for discount. A lot of these high price models mean that dealers can get their rebates or hit their targets more easily meaning they are often very willing to leave them go at a much better deal than a standard 3 series.

But is the market they need after discounts really there in Ireland?

As for the M5, I fooken love the new one. Stand beside one rather than looking at it in a picture and you'll know what I mean.

Maybe it's that colour, but I'm not feeling the new 8 just yet.... I'm sure that the M8 will change my mind but even then it will only be a slicker looking M5 so is it really worth the extra €30-50k or whatever premium will be on it???
    For me, the new M5 is awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

But is the market they need after discounts really there in Ireland?

As for the M5, I fooken love the new one. Stand beside one rather than looking at it in a picture and you'll know what I mean.

Selling 1 7 series may mean getting 10 3 series in your allocation from the distributor. You often must agree to stock in batches. Eg 10 3 series, 8 5 series and 2 7 series for a very basic example. Want the 10 3 series, tough you have to take the rest too. Sell them all and you get your rebate and keep the franchise another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Selling 1 7 series may mean getting 10 3 series in your allocation from the distributor. You often must agree to stock in batches. Eg 10 3 series, 8 5 series and 2 7 series for a very basic example. Want the 10 3 series, tough you have to take the rest too. Sell them all and you get your rebate and keep the franchise another year.

And this is why there will be g30 m5s second hand for us in a few years, very few people are buying these new, so the 10 or 15 in the country were mostly dealer allocation. With brexit the option to ship to the UK may not be economic so they will churn around the irish market and we all get a turn. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Beautiful machine!

Q3Ed9b1.jpg

q6HlTgW.jpg

And this is why there will be g30 m5s second hand for us in a few years, very few people are buying these new, so the 10 or 15 in the country were mostly dealer allocation. With brexit the option to ship to the UK may not be economic so they will churn around the irish market and we all get a turn. Happy days.

By "we all" I assume you mean yourself and Oral Surgeon? :pac: :P

By "we all" I assume you mean yourself and Oral Surgeon? :pac: :P

But we'll post photos!!!:confused::confused:

But we'll post photos!!!:confused::confused:

That's good enough for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

A few from Abu Dhabi :

IMG-20181130-WA0008.jpg
    These are 10 a penny here :
    IMG-20181130-WA0009.jpg

The new Bentley bentayga :

IMG-20181130-WA0010.jpg:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭MarkN

Have always had a soft spot for these in soul red.

45265055485_cd568b7bb5_c.jpg
    44360504340_e295b5865c_c.jpg
    31238251827_54355765bb_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Platinum model is gone very expensive in them now Mark. 42k I think. Another few grand and you have a new 5 Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭MarkN

bazz26 wrote: »
    The Platinum model is gone very expensive in them now Mark. 42k I think. Another few grand and you have a new 5 Series.

This one is a manual 2.0 petrol think the notes I got with it says just under €39,000 - 2.2 diesel is dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ah right, didn't expect to see any petrol models here, still pricey enough though. They are a very nice car to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Afaik the 2.0 petrol in the 6 and 3 are something like €280 tax p/a. Still difficult to convince your average Irish buyer the petrol is cleaner and probably cheaper than a diesel though..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

N/A 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭opus

Spotted these two on the same street in Erfurt in Germany last week. The matt grey one looked menacing!

467959.jpg
    467960.jpg
    467961.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

Bray/south Dublin over the last few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

BMW 8 Series:
    [IMG][/img]9y3kEoQl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]U5FVBcDl.jpg

BMW X5 M50D:
    [IMG][/img]n1eroMvl.jpg