Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Serious orange peel in the paint work on the last pic :eek:

Lovely looking car though, love the wheels.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A bit of a get together (from a distance though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Cars and Coffee Bray Jan 2019 - some cars that interested me.

dai2MJnh.jpg
    Ge3WMSah.jpg
    Y38MZvlh.jpg
    2PXuiaah.jpg
    L5y6xirh.jpg
    drEpBzqh.jpg
    ETVuPcjh.jpg
    7lxLLC4h.jpg
    qTX4pIdh.jpg

v7nEqznh.jpg
    RBEqUyqh.jpg
    kTtXd9xh.jpg
    FZalGPrh.jpg
    NmDzV6Sh.jpg
    6rBUT2Ah.jpg
    9CFAUJZh.jpg
    3pLlB0Rh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

That Calipso E30 is gorgeous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

That Maybach must be serious money old model was over 500k here iirc and doesn't look much different than the standard s class.

ofcork wrote: »
    That Maybach must be serious money old model was over 500k here iirc and doesn't look much different than the standard s class.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mystery-driver-hits-irish-roads-in-500k-limo-only-the-fourth-ever-in-the-country-36162360.html

And here is everything that is wrong with Irelands motor tax system...170 euro tax on a 500k car.....thanks green party nicely done.

diCEXVgh.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mystery-driver-hits-irish-roads-in-500k-limo-only-the-fourth-ever-in-the-country-36162360.html

And here is everything that is wrong with Irelands motor tax system...170 euro tax on a 500k car.....thanks green party nicely done.

It must be a hybrid then to be in that tax band? :confused: I didn`t know mercedes even made maybach hybrids

The independant article is slightly wrong too, there was 2 (at least) s600 maybachs sold in 2016 along with the 4 or so that where here during the boom times, this one and probably another few that nobody ever sees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Is it a real Maybach? Says 3 litre on Cartell.

That CLK black series is legit though ! What a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Grill looks identical to an S500 Hybrid

• Advertisement

AMG Black was the standout for me, proper car that and rare as rocking horse poo. Excellent condition to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,248 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Might be an idea to blur out the insurance policy details, doubt owner would like them posted online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

Expose his fake maybach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Is it a real Maybach? Says 3 litre on Cartell.

That CLK black series is legit though ! What a car.

Don't think that's a real Maybach.... The real deal has some funny B pillar where the car has been stretched....

Edit, no.... There should be a fixed rear passenger window behind the rear door for it to be a Maybach....

I removed the section with his insurance disc...public information but none the less. Is this a fake car???, I thought it was real and myself and my pal were trying to figure out why you would buy such a car....if it is fake it was not my intention to call him out or embarrass, its a nice car either way. Said hybrid on the side. I dont know.....

I removed the section with his insurance disc...public information but none the less. Is this a fake car???, I thought it was real and myself and my pal were trying to figure out why you would buy such a car....if it is fake it was not my intention to call him out or embarrass, its a nice car either way. Said hybrid on the side. I dont know.....

Should say V12 on the side... No hybrid Maybachs afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

From searching online Mercedes reintroduced Maybach back in 2015 but as a sub brand rather than a standalone brand. There is a Maybach S500 and S600 which are a more luxurious version of the regular S Class. But I'm not sure there is a petrol/electric hybrid version of the Maybach S500. If you google Maybach S500 hybrid it just shows results of the regular Mercedes S500 hybrid. And according to motorcheck.ie that reg is a Mercedes Benz S500 hybrid but cars have been incorrectly registered before so go figure.

bazz26 wrote: »
    From searching online Mercedes reintroduced Maybach back in 2015 but as a sub brand rather than a standalone brand. There is a Maybach S500 and S600 which are a more luxurious version of the regular S Class. But I'm not sure there is a petrol/electric hybrid version of the Maybach S500. If you google Maybach S500 hybrid it just shows results of the regular S500 hybrid. And according to motorcheck.ie that reg is a Mercedes Benz S500 hybrid but cars have been incorrectly registered before so go figure.

The rear window is the giveaway. It should look like this and not open with the door....

469704.jpg

The wheelbase is wrong, the window is wrong, the engine is wrong, the rear seats is wrong, the exhaust outlets are wrong, badges are the wrong way around (maybach should be on the left side and s550/s600 badging on the right).

I feel like a bit of an eejit for not spotting it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

There are two W222 Maybachs in the country, a certain Tipp-Based horse owner and the mystery Dublin owner from fitzgeme's independent article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Damien360

There are two W222 Maybachs in the country, a certain Tipp-Based horse owner and the mystery Dublin owner from fitzgeme's independent article.

Johnny Ronan used to have one at the height of the boom. Hardly the same one ?

Damien360 wrote: »

That was 10 years ago.... This is a 17...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Damien360 wrote: »

Thats the old model, afaik 4 of those were sold here - Enya, Johnny Ronan, the Merrion hotel and John Magnier had one each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭McCrack

diCEXVgh.jpg?1

I don't begrudge cheap road tax on an expensive and big engine car

The owner has paid VRT and will pay at the pumps

McCrack wrote: »
    I don't begrudge cheap road tax on an expensive and big engine car

The owner has paid VRT and will pay at the pumps

€170 would be stupid cheap on a v12 Maybach but it’s actually a 3L hybrid.... still cheap considering it probably pumps out the same co2 as an m4 in real world tests....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

469779.jpg

Used to love these

Thats the old model, afaik 4 of those were sold here - Enya, Johnny Ronan, the Merrion hotel and John Magnier had one each

They are all still here too I think, John Magnier got the new one that was registered in 2016. Ironically I got sent pics by a friend who worked for mercedes at the time, the car landed Christmas week 2015 and was stored in the same garage where mercedes Ireland were storing Johnny Ronans 04 maybach and his black mclaren slr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭corks finest

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Check out the L plate!

7-DFB6-D3-C-E70-F-4044-A29-F-C25-A35-F1-AA16.jpg
    What's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

What's that?

Bit breezy in it apparently

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

The lesser spotted Suzuki Swift / Nissan GT-R