Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

lassykk wrote: »
    The lesser spotted Suzuki Swift / Nissan GT-R

469809.jpg

Its a NiSuz GT-RedLRedN!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

VW Karmann, bloody thing has a better shine than my car and its ~50 years old
    469880.jpg
    469881.jpg
    469882.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

^ very nice indeed..love the period Krooklok :D - haven't seen one of those since the early 80s

edit - might as well add a pic..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Spotted outside Carroll & Kinsella Blackrock service centre today. Spoke to the owner for a minute. Nice auld fella well into his 60's, said he's had it around 15 years. Super original, some lacquer peel but the Irish patina on it actually makes me like it even more. Fair play to him!

20190109-104034.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Looks like Chris_Heilongs one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

^ I regularly see a red Supra driven by a gent fitting TFBs description around Bray, possibly one and the same?
    (I've no idea how old Chris H is :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

tc20 wrote: »
    ^ I regularly see a red Supra driven by a gent fitting TFBs description around Bray, possibly one and the same?
    (I've no idea how old Chris H is :) )

It's not Chris' anyway he has gold alloys but his is red with a black lip like that one so kinda through me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Someone didn't have a good Monday morning!!

470342.jpg

470343.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Holy ... is that the side the turbos are on ? What ever went through that bonnet hasn’t come done yet id say.

Feel sorry for him.

Would that be where the fire brigade peeled back the bonnet to put it out?

Wonder was it the 3.0 diesel? BMW are having a real nightmare at the moment with all their stuff going up in flames.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

The EGR/EGR cooler is at the front of the 3.0 (N57) engine in that so for the damage to be where it is doesn't make sense as far as that issue is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Wonder was it the 3.0 diesel? BMW are having a real nightmare at the moment with all their stuff going up in flames.

It is that engine according to Cartell. Although I'd say 95% of those cars in Ireland are!

yep its the 3.0 Diesel M6.

The main power leads apparently come lose and creates sparks, which ignite the plastic intake manifold. Once its started a fire, thats it no stopping it.

I feel sorry for that owner...

Kamili wrote: »
    yep its the 3.0 Diesel M6.

WAT.jpg

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

M sport F06 6 Series

M6 and M-Sport are highly different :D

I know - just released what I typed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

M for meme in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Wonder what the costs of the repair would be

bear1 wrote: »

If it's due to a design flaw - €0.00 to the owner. These things can be very tricky though. Unless it happened to enough of them I'd see it being hard to get BMW to cover costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

bear1 wrote: »

Probably a write off.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

el diablo wrote: »
    Probably a write off.

I sure wouldn't want to drive it again!! Engine, warped body work, electrics, water damage, interior smoke damage and water....
    Economic write off or structural write off IMO

It'll definitely be written off.

Obviously we are jumping to a lot of conclusions here but I'd bet my last euro, if it is as a result of a faulty EGR cooler, BMW will do nothing but point the owner in the direction of their insurance company as a comp claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe 90

First time I've actually seen one of these in use. The woman driving it told me that she had had it as far as Monte Carlo without paying anything at all for fuel.

IMG_20190109_111102181.jpg

If it's due to a design flaw - €0.00 to the owner. These things can be very tricky though. Unless it happened to enough of them I'd see it being hard to get BMW to cover costs.

Wonder if it was part of that recall?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/bmw-recalls-10-384-irish-cars-as-part-of-1-6m-recall-over-potential-fire-hazard-1.3672730

That's the million dollar question.

I got a letter for that recall as mine is the N57 engine. Another user here has the same car except a touring, didn't get any letter and only "found out" about it when pricing up a service.

It's a possibility that the owner of that 6er wasn't made aware of the issue at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Joe 90 wrote: »
    First time I've actually seen one of these in use. The woman driving it told me that she had had it as far as Monte Carlo without paying anything at all for fuel.

IMG_20190109_111102181.jpg

First time you've seen a Tesla? From where to Monte Carlo? Nice?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

That's the million dollar question.

It's a possibility that the owner of that 6er wasn't made aware of the issue at the time.

I'd say thats exactly what happened.

I'd say thats exactly what happened.

Maybe but the damage is at the wrong side of the engine for it to be the EGR cooler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Sorry for the brutal dash cam screen shot, but I drove past what looks like a Shelby Mustang GT350. Not sure if it's real though, did they do those in the hardtop Mustang? Lovely either way.

5eSCpPN.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement