Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

That green Audi above, just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,547 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Traffic island of dual carriageway...

Yes that is a jack stand at the front and back and yes there is a driver underneath it at the back trying to fix it so he can get going... Of course didn't want the guards coming around...

Not even the great BA Baracus could get that back on the road :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That green Audi above, just wow.

Should stick it over on the 191 thread.
    A nice way to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

inforfun wrote: »
    It is just what you are used to.
    Growing up in The Netherlands the plates first were black then went blue and since 1978 they were yellow.
    Now taxis since a few year have these plat

Is it still the case that the Geert Wilders party's abbreviation is banned from appearing on reg plates but the other party's abbreviations arent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Greg81 wrote: »
    Conor Pass

<snip>

Is that the same one that was at Terenure last summer?

479479.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

wEyEiAH.jpg
    puwNfj7
    F9VmsGV.jpg
    zOsD3gx.jpg

Cars and coffee and another spot.

Thought there'd be more pics here of cars and coffee in Bray, few nice machines. Big Belgian lux limo from the 1920s or so Minerva something, focus rs few Audi RS etc

Thought there'd be more pics here of cars and coffee in Bray, few nice machines. Big Belgian lux limo from the 1920s or so Minerva something, focus rs few Audi RS etc

The Minerva belonged to my friends dad. It's some beast of a car! I believe it was owned by a New York boxer, lived in New Zealand, Germany and the Uk before finding it's way here.

479516.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

puwNfj7.jpg
    Left this out

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

Seen in Tesco Kildare today.

479536.jpg
    479537.jpg
    479538.jpg
    479539.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Could've parked it a bit better!! I wouldn't be leaving it like that. Some idiot would try and squeeze in between it and the black people carrier yoke beside it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Could've parked it a bit better!! I wouldn't be leaving it like that. Some idiot would try and squeeze in between it and the black people carrier yoke beside it!

I did notice the parking. It's as much a contender for a bad parking thread as this one. I was going to mention it in my post, but deferred for fear of derailing the thread.

Cause we'd all park neatly between the lines if we one :rolleyes:

Not saying it's right but I'd probably do it myself, aren't the like something like 250k new?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Dero wrote: »
    I did notice the parking. It's as much a contender for a bad parking thread as this one. I was going to mention it in my post, but deferred for fear of derailing the thread.

If I had that car- I'd take up 4 spaces, not 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Purple seems to be a popular colour right now:D

a4wfac.jpg

2lkbrcy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Purple seems to be a popular colour right now:D

Each to your own but for me that's an awful load of loud mods to put on a 520d.... "Carbon" splitter, skirts, roof(wrap), wing mirrors, grille, those headlight things... paint or wrap....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Love the colour... Would have gone for it on mine were it a standard option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Each to your own but for me that's an awful load of loud mods to put on a 520d.... "Carbon" splitter, skirts, roof(wrap), wing mirrors, grille, those headlight things... paint or wrap....!!

I agree, chavtastic

rex-x wrote: »
    I agree, chavtastic

If the number plate was where it should be and the roof the same colour as the rest of the car I think it would look well.

I think the M Performance Kit is really nice myself.

I can imagine the colour is not to everyone's taste but I genuinely think it's brilliant on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Best mod he (assuming a he) could have spent money on was a better engine. Colour would be very nice on a M5.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Is it still the case that the Geert Wilders party's abbreviation is banned from appearing on reg plates but the other party's abbreviations arent?

Had to look that up but yep, you are right.
    Together with some others: NSB (Dutch naziparty in the 40's), GVD (abbreviation of a swear), KKK (obvious), PSV (football club), PKK (Kurds in turkey).

More to do with damage prevention.
    People that are "triggered" by a license plate with above on it are usually not the ones that are game for a constructive discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Spotted this nice German machine in Cork today.

479576.jpg
    479577.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

^^^^^

Wow, that's immaculate, shutlines are perfect and that colour !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

479588.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

^^^^^

Wow, that's immaculate, shutlines are perfect and that colour !!!!

Mind you not quite what it seems:
    Registration ZV17268
    Make VOLKSWAGEN
    Model BEETLE
    Description SUPER 2DR
    Engine Capacity 1584

Looked fantastic though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

opus wrote: »

Looked fantastic though!
    Yeah, what gives it away is the slope of the front around the headlights/wing. Too steep.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

opus wrote: »

Looked fantastic though!

I thought it might be a Chesil Speedster - I think they use a Porsche 356 engine in a VW shell? Gorgeous looking nonetheless

meanwhile, in Greystones over the weekend, a pair of R's and a Lotus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

lassykk wrote: »
    If the number plate was where it should be and the roof the same colour as the rest of the car I think it would look well.

I think the M Performance Kit is really nice myself.

I can imagine the colour is not to everyone's taste but I genuinely think it's brilliant on it

The colour is not the issue, as said it could be good on an m5. The problem is a 520d hasn't got the kudos to pull it off. You can get away with it on a RS6, M5, AMG etc because they aren't compensating for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm sure Barney the Dinosaur likes the colour too. Colour certainly wouldn't be my bag no matter what is under the bonnet but each to their own I guess.

rex-x wrote: »
    The colour is not the issue, as said it could be good on an m5. The problem is a 520d hasn't got the kudos to pull it off. You can get away with it on a RS6, M5, AMG etc because they aren't compensating for anything

Ah yeah I understand what you mean but if you can't afford an M5 then I think elements of that styling is nice. There's elements I wouldn't like too but I love flamboyant colours on cars regardless of engine size.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

i was reading this thread about the provenance of that lovely VW (posted earlier) this morning and then this drove past my job...

46879184445_6d729e7ae1_z.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement