Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Spotted near maynooth. Haven't a clue what it is. Only saw the back and side
    h3000 wrote: »
    Looks very Citroën(Y)

I don't think the lights look like the current design from Citroen, it's a pity we don't have a side view, but it does look very like the new Renault Espace

renault-espace-facelift-spy-photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭NoBread

The car enthusiasts of Limerick are very privileged to have such a rare and valuable collection as a resident :D
    Yep, in fairness, he's generous with his collection in terms of public appearances.
    The €10m or so in that trio are only a small sample, there are many other fantastic machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

GeneHunt wrote: »
    I don't think the lights look like the current design from Citroen, it's a pity we don't have a side view, but it does look very like the new Renault Espace

renault-espace-facelift-spy-photo.jpg

Definitely wasn't that. Have to say got a range rover feel off it. Something about the roof line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Definitely wasn't that. Have to say got a range rover feel off it. Something about the roof line.

Its definitely this car.

Carpentry wrote: »
    Its definitely this car.

If so it doesn't look half as ugly in real life :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Anybody know what the big fleet of Vianos & motorcycle outriders going South on the M50 was about today? UK reg car in the middle.

Whats-App-Image-2019-05-20-at-14-02-56.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

ifElseThen wrote: »
    Anybody know what the big fleet of Vianos & motorcycle outriders going South on the M50 was about today? UK reg car in the middle.

Prince Charles I'd say....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I was behind this real wolf in sheeps clothing on Friday evening for a little while until I realised what it was... N3 cavan bound.

C63 AMG... doesnt look like a 6.2 litre fire breathing dragon!

0bfddaa4d0a896ef762ba1f5521d6a8c-full.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The Lamborghini Miura is a truly gorgeous car. Never sit in one though, because the seating position is truly terrible. If it fits you, I would suggest getting to a doctor in double quick time, because there's defo something wrong... :D Surtee's Beemer. Wow.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Funny thing is that when i did a google image search on your phote, Renault Espace was the car it came back with. Old models. But still.

160284-renault-espace-facelift-009.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Spotted near maynooth. Haven't a clue what it is. Only saw the back and side

Peugeot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Wibbs wrote: »
    The Lamborghini Miura is a truly gorgeous car. Never sit in one though, because the seating position is truly terrible. If it fits you, I would suggest getting to a doctor in double quick time, because there's defo something wrong... :D Surtee's Beemer. Wow.

It was a good show I must say. Did you get up to the BMW section by the stand?

Peugeot ?

No way, it's definitely not a Peugeot, it's a Facelifted Renault Espace under tests here, great spot by the original poster.

See below, the Maynooth photo and also a photo of a camouflaged Renault Espace from here, which I mirrored to have the same view point, note the chrome frame of the side window at the top of both cars, easier to see on the left hand side, the car seen in the Maynooth is definitely the Renault Espace.

480766.jpg

Here's the original photo
    480775.jpg

Cheers forgetting to the bottom of it. Amazing what a little camo dose to throw the eye completely off.. range rover ;) .. in need new glasses :)

Cheers forgetting to the bottom of it. Amazing what a little camo dose to throw the eye completely off.. range rover ;) .. in need new glasses :)

It's still a great photo to get, and you were quick to post it too!!! And it's quiet clear that it was on Irish roads (Dunboyne 10km) :rolleyes:

I know exactly where that photo was taken, was it coming from Maynooth or Leixlip, when it turned onto the Dunboyne road in front of you? I'm betting it came from Leixlip direction, and it probably had just left Carton House. ;)

GeneHunt wrote: »
    It's still a great photo to get, and you were quick to post it too!!! And it's quiet clear that it was on Irish roads (Dunboyne 10km) :rolleyes:

I know exactly where that photo was taken, was it coming from Maynooth or Leixlip, when it turned onto the Dunboyne road in front of you? I'm betting it came from Leixlip direction, and it probably had just left Carton House. ;)

From leixlip. 100% was hoping it would go into maynooth and I could get more pics. It shot off right toward dunboyne by the time I parked up and got my phone out that's only pic I could get "officer" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Is there a purpose to those camouflaged cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is there a purpose to those camouflaged cars?

Its to stop photographers/ competitors getting a proper photo of the car as the design skews the subtle designs of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Is Ireland really that important a market for these manufacturers? Wonder what the guards do when they see it :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

bear1 wrote: »
    Is Ireland really that important a market for these manufacturers? Wonder what the guards do when they see it :D
    Our roads are good for manufacturer testing.
    What is it to the gardai as long as it is registered in the EU and road legal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Our roads are good for manufacturer testing.
    What is it to the gardai as long as it is registered in the EU and road legal?

I meant it in a humorous way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Porsche test their cars around Kerry/Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Porsche test their cars around Kerry/Clare
    They do so up this way as well. About 2 weeks ago I saw what I thought was a Tesla charging in my local service station. On closer inspection it was a Porsche with no badges. Just the drivers seat and a load of electronic stuff spread inside. I tried to get a pic but 4 Germans got out of a Cayenne and stood around it waving their arms. "No photos please.. No photos please.".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

sligojoek wrote: »
    They do so up this way as well. About 2 weeks ago I saw what I thought was a Tesla charging in my local service station. On closer inspection it was a Porsche with no badges. Just the drivers seat and a load of electronic stuff spread inside. I tried to get a pic but 4 Germans got out of a Cayenne and stood around it waving their arms. "No photos please.. No photos please.".

Taycan I'd say....

Taycan I'd say....

Just googled it. I'd say you're right.

They've come a long way from the tay cans we used to bring to the bog.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

sligojoek wrote: »

At least they said please..

I've heard of them being right c*nts to people taking photos in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

At least they said please..

I've heard of them being right c*nts to people taking photos in the past

I'd be telling them to move their porsche out of the way of the scenery I was taking a picture of. And to politely f*£k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Public place. Shoot as many pics as you like. EOT. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    It's dazzle camouflage, its to make targeting more difficult :pac:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzle_camouflage

I think they just want to snap it, not shell it! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I'd be telling them to move their porsche out of the way of the scenery I was taking a picture of. And to politely f*£k off.
    joujoujou wrote: »
    Public place. Shoot as many pics as you like. EOT. :cool:

It wouldn't have been much good.There was a vehicle either side and the guys were standing behind it waving their arms. I should have taken the pics first then went looking at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement