Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Taycan will be over €300k in Ireland not a competitor to the Model S at all.

From what I hear It`ll be around €150k base and will go up to €200k+.

With the €50k BIK cap for exemption of EV`s brought in by big paschal in the last budget any of the company directors who would have bought one for the savings more than likely will not.

The BIK change is one to watch here, at the taycan end of the market probably won’t matter as much those customer won’t mind loosing out on €500 cash p/m whilst At the model S end it’s a bit more relevant. The model S owner would have had a 535 or e class. The taycan owners would have been in Range Rovers at worst :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

And here it is, the wolf in sheep's clothing...

491572.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Along with the kind of asshat parking I would also do if I had a car like that

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

525d?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'd have said the Alfa is parked badly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

colm_mcm wrote: »
    525d?

I'd say it's a 520d based on the exhaust - 525d had twin rear pipes IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

R.O.R wrote: »
    I'd say it's a 520d based on the exhaust - 525d had twin rear pipes IIRC

Just checked the reg in the original picture and yes it's a BMW 5 Series 520 D (1995cc) E61 SE Touring 5DR

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭carloscorreia

Saw this car yesterday in Portugal

491646.jpg

491647.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

^^ With all the options ticked, it can hit £50k!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Pula, Croatia.
    Some sound off it when he moved off.
    491653.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,218 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Meanwhile in Poland:

ff3ad9e4d66f7953d2ed3d647d03aaab.jpg

Kraków?

Lodz.

Jesus kip of a place

In fairness it's improved on the last time I was there about 10 years ago. Some crappy areas but they are making an effort in other parts. It's a work trip so don't have a choice around which location.

I was there about a month or so ago and yes it has gotten better but still a fairly run down city.

Yeah, it's a working class city where the average wage would be fairly modest at best. It wouldn't have the pull of Krakow or even Warsaw for sure. Not driving here as I didn't have the balls but by God lane discipline is none existent and lord help you if are a pedestrian crossing the road and the lights change, they don't hang around for you to get fully across. :eek:

Warsaw I find is even worse.
    They couldn't give less than a balls about lane discipline to the point where you end up watching everyone like a hawk even stopped in traffic.
    Krakow now would be more my cup of tea.
    Speaking as someone who lives in warsaw..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Ah lads, try driving in the middle east. Hard shoulder undertakes is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Ah lads, try driving in the middle east. Hard shoulder undertakes is the norm.

Friend of mine is a sales exec at Audi in Abu Dhabi, and jaysus the kind of punters he gets through the door are absolutely mental, looking for spins in R8s and the likes and they don’t hold back. Madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Mumbai gets my vote. They just don't bother with lanes at all, just general 'direction'- you are going one way or the other. A belief in Karmic pre-destinaion takes care of any anxiety and liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭MarkN

Very lucky to have a shot of the new Supra down in Mondello yesterday. Some. Yoke.

MG-3261.jpg
    MG-3266.jpg
    MG-3269.jpg
    MG-3268.jpg
    MG-3274.jpg
    MG-3279.jpg
    MG-3275.jpg
    MG-3278.jpg
    MG-3290.jpg
    MG-3297.jpg
    MG-3302.jpg
    MG-3304.jpg
    MG-3306.jpg
    MG-3307.jpg
    MG-3335.jpg

What did you think of the BMW Supra Mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭MarkN

Brutal, raw power delivery. Like the Batmobile especially in that matt grey. Didn't feel unlike an M2. Even with all traction on (we weren't allowed turn it off) it still allowed for some fun. Noise off it is something else. I don't think it would be a car you could live with daily, you'd have no licence. 3 tanks of petrol used in no time yesterday! I didn't get a chance to drive the classic Supra that was there, it would've been nice to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Strange one..
    An Irish plated MR2 in Croatia
    491750.jpg
    491749.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

A G63 AMG flanked by 2 Range Rovers on the M7 yesterday. Came off at the Kildare Village exit...Mc Gregor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

MarkN wrote: »
    Brutal, raw power delivery. Like the Batmobile especially in that matt grey. Didn't feel unlike an M2. Even with all traction on (we weren't allowed turn it off) it still allowed for some fun. Noise off it is something else. I don't think it would be a car you could live with daily, you'd have no licence. 3 tanks of petrol used in no time yesterday! I didn't get a chance to drive the classic Supra that was there, it would've been nice to compare.

It would want to be something special for the Irish list price - €85k for the GR premium :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

What would the original Supra have retailed for? Would they have been the equivalent of €85k in today’s money or were they more affordable?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

IrishZeus wrote: »
    What would the original Supra have retailed for? Would they have been the equivalent of €85k in today’s money or were they more affordable?

Taking a completely wild guess here but I reckon they were more affordable. Could be totally wrong though.
    fletch wrote: »
    A G63 AMG flanked by 2 Range Rovers on the M7 yesterday. Came off at the Kildare Village exit...Mc Gregor?

I doubt that was McGreggor with the English registrations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was wrong it was not far off that price. As if you look at US prices of an average of 40,000 which translates to about 70,000 and this is US dollars so add tax and extra for Ireland it is not far off todays price but a small bit cheaper.

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/1993-1998-toyota-supra-ar163626.html

http://www.in2013dollars.com/1993-dollars-in-2018?amount=40000

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement