Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Very true J. And yeah you can get lucky with some particular car models alright. Can be hard to predict in advance. Though if you get pretty much any top end version of a particular car model right when they hit their lowest depreciated value and hang onto it, you're likely in gravy.

And nearly all cars do hit that point, or at least used to. I have a couple of 70's car mags around and the classifieds in the back are funny to read. Ferrari Dinos for the same price or less as an entry level new Ford Cortina. Series 1 and 2 E Type Jags were dirt cheap. Then again, back then they were just "old cars" and where would you get spares and who would work on it etc. It's so much easier these days.

I was offered an E30 M3 in the mid 90's for 4 or 5 grand, can't recall exactly. The only thing that stopped me getting it was the steering wheel being on the wrong side and insurance saying nope about that. Then again if I had bought it, the chances of me still having it until the prices went nuts would be vanishingly slim. Cars like that live on often through more luck than judgement.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

M3's have been creeping up for close to a decade at this point. E36s didn't rise as quickly as the E30 has. That being said I had my E36 for almost 3 years and lost nothing in it when I sold it this year. My e30 is probably going to up value, the parts anyway, even if it's a bare shell that needs to be put back together :rolleyes:

Edit

There were some amount of E36 m3's broken a decade or less so, 1500 bought you one at the time. Many am engine that made its way into an E30 with the rest being scraped. They are expensive now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Aston Martin in cork this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Now that stirs the loins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Car007

ofcork wrote: »
    Aston Martin in cork this morning

That same car was at this year's Terenure Car Show... Absolutely gorgeous car... DBS Superleggera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Franschhoek motor museum South Africa

Private collection of one owner. I had never seen an Enzo, or an F50 in real life, so to see the F40, F50, Enzo and a 208 gtb (I think..?) was pretty special and worth sharing. He has over 300 cars of which about half were on show. He also has a world of vintage cars and some other modern supercars like a Porsche GT, Aston etc.. I didnt see any modern Lambo's, or Bugatti's, but I suspect they are in the other half of the collection, which is rotated from time to time. Stunning collection all told.

O7OXSS2.jpg?1
    oYLjjej.jpg?1
    XTkBqA6.jpg?1
    HF6T8Kp.jpg?1
    k5yFqNO.jpg?1
    jzLdvtf.jpg?1
    BNNlakm.jpg?1
    iwiuKDT.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It's not a 208 gtb but a much more special 288 gto one of the finest ferraris ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

kev1.3s wrote: »
    It's not a 208 gtb but a much more special 288 gto one of the finest ferraris ever made.

this was the poster car on my wall - iirc '84?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Funnily, my wife was with me when she saw the car and she said “oh look, Magnum PI’s car”. It’s cute when she tries. :)

Ashamedly, I didn’t know myself if it was the same model or not (apparently it’s not - according to the interweb he drove the 308 gts).

Not on the road :pac:
    But an interesting one, didn't expect to see this in the shed I was in

497542.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Two door mk1 with a full roll cage and blown arches, rally car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Funnily, my wife was with me when she saw the car and she said “oh look, Magnum PI’s car”. It’s cute when she tries. :)

Ashamedly, I didn’t know myself if it was the same model or not (apparently it’s not - according to the interweb he drove the 308 gts).
    I remember in the 00's eddie Irvine was looking at buying a house in sorento terrace that I was working in and he turned up in his 288, absolutely blew my mind seeing it parked on the side of the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

KGF has one for sale £65995 .. https://youtu.be/BqcYnyGTupg

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

Seen this beautiful 2015 RS6 in Galway city the other day. It looked Stunning up close. Sorry for the bad pic

20191204-094051.jpg
    Annotation-2019-12-13-225149.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Nobody stealing that !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,960 ✭✭✭✭elperello

noelf wrote: »
    KGF has one for sale £65995 .. https://youtu.be/BqcYnyGTupg

That is spectacular.
    He even took his shoes off !

This one has the history.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20143/lot/283/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

191 mustang bullit of all things didn't get a pic dark and wouldn't have come out. Black looking and had the bullit emblem on the back. N11 Northbound at fosters Ave around 18:00

And yes there was a lovely rumble from it

I was in that very car on a number of occasions that week. My mate was delivering it back after he had a loan of it for a week. Serious noise of it and very comfortable too

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Perhaps it's a unicorn it its own right, but here is a 192 Tesla with a towbar spotted yesterday in south Co Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

For towing the Generator ?

ollesafeee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ec_pc wrote: »
    Perhaps it's a unicorn it its own right, but here is a 192 Tesla with a towbar spotted yesterday in south Co Dublin.

Farmers protest yesterday? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What's wrong with having towbar in one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

jozi wrote: »
    What's wrong with having towbar in one?

Nothing, they've some very useful torque:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Nothing, they've some very useful torque:

Ecological farming :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bloody brilliant. :D:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

On some car show I saw in the US a few years ago (that I can't remember the name of) they raced a Tesla towing a Porsche against a Porsche....and the Tesla towing the Porsche won.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I saw a convertible new Bentley Continental in Canary Wharf a few weeks ago, it had some of the largest tyres I've ever seen on a car, they were 29" to the top of the tyre, pretty low profile just a few inches of tyre, unfortunately the pic of the fecking tyre that i took was blurred to shít.
    Measured it against my leg :D, top of the tyre was just at the bottom of my wallet in my pocket. Black circles said they should be 21" or 22" but the ones on the car were definitely larger than that.

/edit Actually maybe they were the 22" wheels on it, it's late and i had a few drinks and my brain isnt all that good at the best of times :P

497945.png
    497946.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

BigEejit wrote: »
    /edit Actually maybe they were the 22" wheels on it, it's late and i had a few drinks and my brain isnt all that good at the best of times :P

It's not a Bentley. It's a vacuum cleaner. Ok... whoever owns it, has some money .... but if you won the lottery ... would you buy that ??? I have had two Mk1 Volvo C70s Convertibles ... in my lifetime ... and I'd still pick them over that .... disregardless of how much money I have or may have or could have.

/M

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

497991.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

3sduj2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

E25-F5-D6-D-E30-C-41-D8-A0-F9-BA3267-C4-D184.jpg
    72-A35-D85-8596-4-E4-C-8566-CB9-CA279-C904.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement