Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Touchscreen...what a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Odd question, but do the Porsche people mind you coming in to the showroom and and having a look/cry at the cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Vicxas wrote: »
    Odd question, but do the Porsche people mind you coming in to the showroom and and having a look/cry at the cars?

Was there recently, they greeted me and I mentioned I'm just having a browse, no issue whatsoever. It's it any different at other dealers?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I was only wondering as they're very expensive cars and wasnt sure if they'd have a bee in their bonnet about it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Vicxas wrote: »

Porsche are actively encouraged to be open to this by HQ especially to parents with young kids, their thinking is they are all potential customers of the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

jozi wrote: »
    Was there recently, they greeted me and I mentioned I'm just having a browse, no issue whatsoever. It's it any different at other dealers?

The jaguar dealership in Waterford certainly isn't welcoming unless you look a certain way. I went in when I was getting my new car and drove in my old 407 coupe, which albeit immaculate was worth less than €1k and they would barely talk to me let alone let me test an XF. The Mercedes and BMW garage had no such issues so I guess its dealer/sales person specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

lassykk wrote: »
    The jaguar dealership in Waterford certainly isn't welcoming unless you look a certain way. I went in when I was getting my new car and drove in my old 407 coupe, which albeit immaculate was worth less than €1k and they would barely talk to me let alone let me test an XF. The Mercedes and BMW garage had no such issues so I guess its dealer/sales person specific.

Any good salesman can see well past any of that. It used to be the well dressed well heeled people who had the money. Now, track suits and tatted up have as much money as anyone else.
    Dumb sales people are left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

cadaliac wrote: »
    Any good salesman can see well past any of that. It used to be the well dressed well heeled people who had the money. Now, track suits and tatted up have as much money as anyone else.
    Dumb sales people are left behind.

Lol, I've no tattoos but I did rock up in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and not a full suit. It's strange as a private dealer let me out on my own in a Jaguar XK in Dublin after rocking up in the same car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

First 2mins of this he talks about Porsche dealerships and their open door thinking as Tossy mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I’m gonna test that on the weekend and walk in there with a 99 in one hand and a cappuccino in the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I found Porsche Centre Dublin very friendly. I was mailing them before and got really fast and professional answer. They were nice to me even thought I only came in with Lexus and not a Porsche. BMW dealers were nice to me as well. Worse service I got in Ireland was Mercedes showrooms and I was coming with two different Mercedes at that time. Thought they would be nicer to someone who drive their car but was wrong.

But worse service I ever experience was Ferrari in Switzerland. They just wanted to kick me out. Charles Hurst in Belfast are fine same like Ferrari in London but i felt really bad in Switzerland dealer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

It's so true what a poster stated that everyone is a potential customer.

As a 10 year old child I wrote to Lexus, BMW, Audi, Mercedes to ask for a complimentary emblem badge as I collect them as a child, being quite honest.

Whie it was a cheeky request and all the marquee distributors did reply they did guide me to local dealerships to buy their emblem, Lexus Ireland were the only marquee to reply with a complimentary emblem badge that I still have today.......and guess what car I drive today....a Lexus (albeit a 2and hand one lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I was in Morrisons about 2 years ago getting a service when I asked if I could take an M4 for a spin. I said a few times that I had neither the money nor the interest in buying it but they still treated me as though I was a wealthy customer set on buying it.

Bad(ish) experience was in Mazda, Nenagh. They had a rotary engine with a crank handle on the back on display the first time I went there. The second time I was there it was in dumped out the back (and broken) so I asked if I could have it. Sure said the parts guy.....give us €290 and you can take it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I was in Morrisons about 2 years ago getting a service when I asked if I could take an M4 for a spin. I said a few times that I had neither the money nor the interest in buying it but they still treated me as though I was a wealthy customer set on buying it.

Bad(ish) experience was in Mazda, Nenagh. They had a rotary engine with a crank handle on the back on display the first time I went there. The second time I was there it was in dumped out the back (and broken) so I asked if I could have it. Sure said the parts guy.....give us €290 and you can take it away.

Similar experience with Aherns in Tralee. Every customer is a potential and they treat you like royalty. Nearly always throw me a model or something from the lifestyle range when I am in. We had 2 cars from there and several more in the extended family.

Keary's of Cork were totally disinterested. Drove in back in 2012 in a 4 year old E90 to look at a 4 year old 1 series and they wouldn't let me drive it, told me it needed a part and when I spoke to the parts guy he told me that was rubbish. Same when a relative drove in in a 2 year old A8 to enquire about something similar new and they didn't even leave the showroom to come greet them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,547 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

qEQBz1G.jpg

I'm sure most will think this is pig ugly but I love this car and I love the colour

Another day in town:
    RU0V7oC.jpg
    KC61f5M.jpg
    tFdWhzs.jpg
    TeMb4RH.jpg
    xnCtS6c.jpg
    NklpAX3.jpg
    XOzkwEB.jpg
    TticdMN.jpg
    8mUSsHz.jpg
    yVGCYOE.jpg
    00PxyxI.jpg
    JxNtcy4.jpg
    Hk4vYzf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

Audi-001.jpg
    Audi-006.jpg
    Audi-007.jpg
    Audi-008.jpg
    Audi-009.jpg
    Audi-10.jpg
    Audi-11.jpg
    Audi-12.jpg
    Audi-13.jpg
    Audi-14.jpg
    Audi-15.jpg
    Audi-16.jpg
    Audi-18.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Howth this evening

523814.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

OSI wrote: »
    60k Audi and it's still got an analogue dash? :rolleyes:

It’s the new digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭horseofstone

What car is that parked outside cafe nerro?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Ferrari F12berlinetta

Full name is:

Novitec Rosso Ferrari F12 N-Largo

1 of 1 in Ireland, 1 of 25 worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

OSI wrote: »
    60k Audi and it's still got an analogue dash? :rolleyes:

And the worst fake exhausts I’ve ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

What does the gold decal symbol on the back door of the maybach say/mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Looks like the 'K' Club. Would tie in with the Kildare reg

gary550 wrote: »
    What does the gold decal symbol on the back door of the maybach say/mean?

Looks like the 'K' Club. Would tie in with the Kildare reg

Exactly. It's so long. Real Maybach not fake S500 with badges. There was an BMW i8 parked beside it but didn't find it's space in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

20200822-140719.jpg

20200822-140745.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Full name is:

Novitec Rosso Ferrari F12 N-Largo

1 of 1 in Ireland, 1 of 25 worldwide.

Such a rare find - had you organized the shot with the owner, or completely random?

That GT4 is utterly delicious.

Well done.

MM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Regular in cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭chalky_ie

I saw that F12 on the Rathgar road today, sounds crazy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement