Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

That AMG GT 53 is stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Such a rare find - had you organized the shot with the owner, or completely random?

That GT4 is utterly delicious.

Well done.

MM

Random spot but was chatting to owner for a while as I recognize him from Cars & Coffee. Trying to get his cars out for photoshoots but its so hard to do. I'm either not good photographer or i'm not 'famous' enough to get photoshoots with any supercar in Ireland.

GT4 is from Cars & Coffee too. I'm trying to get photoshoot with any supercars with no success yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

gary550 wrote: »
    What does the gold decal symbol on the back door of the maybach say/mean?

Thats the maybach logo has nazi connections apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ofcork wrote: »
    Thats the maybach logo has nazi connections apparently.

The connection to the nazi logo was made because the Maybach logo has 2 Ms in it. In the same way that the swastika can be said to be made of 2 rotated letter Ss.

Of course Maybach built engines for nazi tanks, being a German company. In the same way that Daimler Benz built trucks and plane engines used by the Nazis.

This idea was only first put out there in the last 15 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The connection to the nazi logo was made because the Maybach logo has 2 Ms in it. In the same way that the swastika can be said to be made of 2 rotated letter Ss.

Of course Maybach built engines for nazi tanks, being a German company. In the same way that Daimler Benz built trucks and plane engines used by the Nazis.

This idea was only first put out there in the last 15 years.

Buyers would be best stick to Hugo Boss, VW, Porsche and BMW to avoid any of that history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Howth today

524008.jpeg
    Spotted another earlier while driving into howth

524009.jpeg
    524010.jpeg
    I need to see more of this the colour was stunning!

Also spotted 2 classics on our way out to howth, no idea what they were though!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

Spotted that Ferrari myself around the general area of Portmarnock/Howth over the last few days. Kinda stands out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

20200823-182618.jpg

20200823-182627.jpg

20200823-183708.jpg

MarkN wrote: »
    Spotted that Ferrari myself around the general area of Portmarnock/Howth over the last few days. Kinda stands out! ;)

It's unreal! Can't go wrong with a nice blue, especially on a Ferrari!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

First off, apologies for the partial photo, on a bus with a phone camera :o some type of machine for a cannonball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

MarkN wrote: »

Have you copped the number plate? "A BIT BLU"

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

Have you copped the number plate? "A BIT BLU"

"A 812 BLU" i'd say

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

First off, apologies for the partial photo, on a bus with a phone camera :o some type of machine for a cannonball

That looks like a standard Parking sign to me??

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Buyers would be best stick to Hugo Boss, VW, Porsche and BMW to avoid any of that history.

https://i.imgur.com/vXxvElz.png

D_BEAR wrote: »
    "A 812 BLU" i'd say

Yes, but presumably it's meant to read as stated.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Pronounce the 2 as it is meant to be and it reads "A bit too blue"

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

That colour on the 812 Superfast is called Blu Elettrico which I'm pretty sure is a triple layered colour and a paint that costs around 15k pounds.

cullow123 wrote: »
    That colour on the 812 Superfast is called Blu Elettrico which I'm pretty sure is a triple layered colour and a paint that costs around 15k pounds.

Where do thet get those prices from ? For 'normal' people it's price of cars they driving. Well I paid that for mine and I got whole car not just 10 litres of paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Where do thet get those prices from ? For 'normal' people it's price of cars they driving. Well I paid that for mine and I got whole car not just 10 litres of paint.

And then they ruin the appearance of the car with awful black wheels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭chalky_ie

Yes, but presumably it's meant to read as stated.

It's an 812 Superfast, so I reckon it's supposed to be read as 812.

Win-win so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I'm presuming that Ferarri has a personal plate, but do they and UK plates in general not need to have the EU country identifier?

I heard the same from Daniel re cost of paint being 15k :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,511 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm presuming that Ferarri has a personal plate, but do they and UK plates in general not need to have the EU country identifier?

For travel outside the UK they should have it on the plate or have a GB sticker on the car.

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/flags-symbols-and-identifiers

jozi wrote: »
    I heard the same from Daniel re cost of paint being 15k :eek:

If someone say paint cost 15k, I understand it as it's 15k extra comparing to standard paint as you can pick 'free' color as well. Mad money for me.

Anyway, does anyone know if that Ferrari stay around for a while, any hotel? I'm in town on Wednesday and can drive Howts or something for carspotting. Didn't photograph Ferrari for a while now.

20200824-133912.jpg

20200824-133933.jpg

20200824-154454.jpg

20200824-154553.jpg

20200824-154609.jpg

20200824-154719.jpg

20200824-173018.jpg

20200824-173232.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Absolute beasts, both of them. Vicious sound. No European or Japanese car can compare to this.

20200824-183627.jpg

20200824-183629.jpg

20200824-182421.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Cá bhfuil tú? Cén tír?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement