Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Zoo4m8 wrote: »
    Nothing like that...these were large white letters maybe ten to fifteen CM high across most of the window, I only got a quick glance as it was the sound made me look over as I was halfway round the corner. Instant impression was they meant some sort of boy racer tuning or accessories outfit but not a clue really...

likely a garage car for testdrives to make the potential buyer feel special... and part with over €100k

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Isn't VIP the name of a style of modding for stanced executive saloons?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Big Nasty wrote: »

My thoughts exactly,

was it something like this?

339052.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Big Nasty wrote: »

That's all I can think of to, generally luxury Japanese cars

20160522_170759.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Cheensbo wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly,

was it something like this?

339052.jpg

Yep, that's pretty much it, black wheels I think and don't believe it was a Lexus..good call though, thanks..
    Took the time to google VIP, interesting outfit never came across them before..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

3 DeLorean's passed today.
    I'm sure Marty McFly was driving one of them!!:pac:

111C56AC-17CC-4177-8389-AD253A94206D_zpssktov5yh.png

D7269995-E050-4F18-834E-4D1CB179CD6B_zpsww0tcunt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Apology for the picture quality, the owner is a middle eastern diplomat so didn't want to get caught taking a shot too close. Neighbour of my sister in London & apparently had this delivered last Thursday.

untitled_zpsrggujlwe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

That Range Rover reg looks very Irishlike

Would be a good one for an expat to own

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Was thinking the same myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Quazzie wrote: »
    Surely that's only a security badge to quickly tag the car by security personnel?

Bingo. When I drove cars and coaches in police convoys each vehicle was assigned a VIP # so the outsiders and other security personnel to A) quickly ascertain that you were part of the convoy and B) who was in the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That is not a private plate. It belongs to an embassy. The D means it belongs to a diplomat and one with X means it belongs to embassy staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

So what you're saying is that it's the 2214 model :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Andip wrote: »
    Apology for the picture quality, the owner is a middle eastern diplomat so didn't want to get caught taking a shot too close. Neighbour of my sister in London & apparently had this delivered last Thursday.

untitled_zpsrggujlwe.png

Any idea on the model, I know it's hard from the pic is it a Panamera ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

pippip wrote: »

Let's face it, it looks like the dullest car park in the world. The only one people would really look at is the red one.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Seen a 151 Porsche Pananmera S but it had quad exhaust tips, I thought the S version only had to two rectangle exhausts at the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

pippip wrote: »

That could be it.
    They looked like 3 German Regs alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

No pics, cause cycling, but spotted a Porsche 911 gts on my way home yesterday eve. It was nice! Reg was a combination of 991199 or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Okay after a lack of activity time to back to form...

Here is what I saw today:
    It's of course Fundracer at Mondello:
    4b3RNK2.jpg
    q9mBSjX.jpg
    eRCXGUR.jpg
    yXgjkff.jpg
    1KhknFl.jpg
    32rfAbe.jpg
    HoaPHz5.jpg
    Et9oKC0.jpg
    eFGhyVo.jpg
    S042JTD.jpg

Hope you like those photos. I didn't spend there much time as became a little bit boring. Took the roof down and back home :)

• Advertisement

And now... probably none of you know but I have been on holidays last week and visit few events. Still didn't go through my photos from them but I can say I saw some amazing cars during the week. Too hard to say all of them but those can be on the list: Porsche 918 (red, white, silver, black), Koenigsegg CCX (carbon and orange), Koenigsegg Agera R, McLaren P1 and P1 GTR, Aventadors SV and lot normal Lamborghinis, Ferrari LaFerrari & F40 and much more normal Ferraris, Alfa Romeo Disco Volante Roadster (1 of 7), Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato my first Aston Martin DB11 and first ever Aston Martin Lagonda from 2014 and lot lot more... Here are three photos from three events:

Supercar Sunday:

Mille Miglia:
    and prob one of the best of my photos. Didn't expect to see this car, not even think I would see it driving...

I'll try to go through my photos soon but be hard as I'm going to Limerick on sunday for show... If anyone of you be there, my car be probably parked on display and I'll be walking around as "official photographer" in my easy to find bright orange jacket. Say Hi if you see me :)

Man that 722 looks good with the orange wrap!

smash wrote: »
    Man that 722 looks good with the orange wrap!

You lucky you didn't see the front of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

That Ariel is a mighty yoke. Wonder how much that would cost to insure over here. Probably a requirement that you own two boring as fcuk new modern family saloons filled to the brim with safety assist features and drive each of them 20,000 miles a year as well as being married to a 40 year old nurse from a leafy Dublin suburb.

Then they'll offer ya a quote for €7,500 with a 2k mileage limit and only if you also agree to come into insurance company's office once a week to be whipped by the manager

You lucky you didn't see the front of it...

Did they fcuk it up with some stupid graphics or a carbon look bonnet?

smash wrote: »
    Did they fcuk it up with some stupid graphics or a carbon look bonnet?

Nose is carbon... If it's all orange then car would look much better...
    spz2MWj.jpg

Looks like a colour reversed blackbird

blackbirdmale_tcm9-289567.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Looks like a colour reversed blackbird

blackbirdmale_tcm9-289567.jpg

Not really though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Not really though.

Agree, I jumped the gun there, but it does look a bit silly.

Watch out for that paddle..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

That Ariel is a mighty yoke. Wonder how much that would cost to insure over here. Probably a requirement that you own two boring as fcuk new modern family saloons filled to the brim with safety assist features and drive each of them 20,000 miles a year as well as being married to a 40 year old nurse from a leafy Dublin suburb.

Then they'll offer ya a quote for €7,500 with a 2k mileage limit and only if you also agree to come into insurance company's office once a week to be whipped by the manager

Still worth it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement