Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Bad quality pic but not something you'll see every day!

e7d6f779-165b-45b8-a591-3cb3c353988e_zpsy0wgtfah.jpg

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

Anyone catch this waterford reg merc in STG's last twitter post!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Theboybang wrote: »

It's just an SL350.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

smash wrote: »
    It's just an SL350.

I know that! Just thought it was cool to see it at F1 wax!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

I spotted that in the background of a SOL video a few months back when he was outside Dub Customs. Wonder if it belongs to the Seconijolly (excuse the spelling) lad, he's Irish and seems to be high up in Dub Customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭goochy

think that Merc. used to be in Cork a lot a while ago, cant be many 04W blue SL's around.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Joe 90

IMG_20160610_105017568_HDR_zps3vcwirj8.jpg
    Across the road from the paper shop this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Another from London. Not sure what 720 Mirage. Possibly some sort of power upgrade.

388447.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

388345.jpeg

Nice Ultima there as well, one car that I'd love to see on Top Gear, but it seems they're still afraid to show it as it'd obliterate the fastest lap leader board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Tropheus wrote: »
    Another from London. Not sure what 720 Mirage. Possibly some sort of power upgrade.

Nice! http://www.carscoops.com/2008/03/avros-limited-production-720-hp-mirage.html?m=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Stepped out of the house earlier and an odd procession went down the street one after the other.

Mk3 MX5 with roof down
    Then a Catertham with closed roof
    Then a SLK Kompressor cabrio on German plates
    Then a Freelander on Polish plates (nothing special obviously)
    Then a BMW Z1 cabrio, roof down too. Don't know the year unfortunately. Was a teal green colour. Not the best looking car ever but cool to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

fPXM3xL.jpg
    I'm on holiday in Toronto. Saw this whateveritis in the parking garage I used yesterday, had to go back today to take a picture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

[/img]=745x559]http://i.imgur.com/fPXM3xL.jpg[/img]
    I'm on holiday in Toronto. Saw this whateveritis in the parking garage I used yesterday, had to go back today to take a picture!
    Picture isn't working.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

I can see it, here's the direct link in case:

http://i.imgur.com/fPXM3xL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Parked at the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

Not a great parking job ... Or is it :P

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

I passed it in Blanchardstown earlier. That's d%ckhead parking right there though. If he parked in the car park near Tk Maxx beside the car wash he wouldn't have to park over two spots since there's always free room there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That's parked deliberately like that to prevent someone parking beside him. D!ckhead parking it might be but that way it reduces the chances of somebody opening their car door onto his/her's maclaren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

shietpilot wrote: »
    I passed it in Blanchardstown earlier. That's d%ckhead parking right there though. If he parked in the car park near Tk Maxx beside the car wash he wouldn't have to park over two spots since there's always free room there.

Yeah its relatively excusable/understandable dic#*head parking. I think it has gullwing doors and might need more space too as its quite a wide car.

Not too long ago I saw a 520d parked diagonally across two spots in the busy part of that same car park. Now that was actually infuriating to see, partly because of the ignorant parking and partly becuase of the delusions they must have had about how valuable their Beemer is :rolleyes:

Let me know if you want to see that pic, guaranteed to make your blood boil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Hal1 wrote: »
    That's parked deliberately like that to prevent someone parking beside him. D!ckhead parking it might be but that way it reduces the chances of somebody opening their car door onto his/her's maclaren.

I know why it's parked like that and I protect my own car too but he could have parked it near the car wash place and not needed to park over two spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

he knows for a fact some space cadet would whack a door into it and drive off, can't blame him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭goochy

Don't blame him at all . Isn't that a wrap ? Think car its grey and was sourced by Lewis motors and was on their site as sold. It was grey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

ION08 wrote: »
    Parked at the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

Not a great parking job ... Or is it :P

image.jpg

That was clamped in town a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I can see it, here's the direct link in case:

http://i.imgur.com/fPXM3xL.jpg

if you put in you first post instead of[img=745x559]it be work fine :) Just a tip for future. Your picture work for me on phone but not work on laptop[/img]

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ION08 wrote: »

Not too long ago I saw a 520d parked diagonally across two spots in the busy part of that same car park. Now that was actually infuriating to see, partly because of the ignorant parking and partly becuase of the delusions they must have had about how valuable their Beemer is :rolleyes:
    I doubt that they think that their car is valuable when parking like that. They probably just don't want the vast amount of ignorant gits out there scarring their paintwork.
    I'm not justifying their parking. I do understand where they're coming from though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tom petty

No pics but parked my car in the small car park along the side of Tescos Killarney late this afternoon. Two rows of 18 spaces opposite each other with two other cars at the other end from the last space that I parked in deliberately to avoid any damage from the CGAF brigade that frequent the place . Had to return to my car to collect something and found a 70 ish guy who had parked his bruised Avensis 15 inches from mine trying to squeeze out of his car. Upon hearing my CL operate he looked at me suspiciously but continued levering himself out whilst leaning on his door that was pressing heavily onto my drivers door.
    I'm afraid that I just let rip asking him why he couldn't get it any closer and why the fcuk he had to park like that when the whole fcuking carpark was EMPTY . The irony of it was that when he left he walked the whole length of the carpark passed all the empty spaces to the shops at the other end .
    He pointed to the white partition line saying that he was on his side , a full two inches.......15 empty parking spaces and he has to park 15 inches from mine , stupid old bastard .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

kbannon wrote: »
    I doubt that they think that their car is valuable when parking like that. They probably just don't want the vast amount of ignorant gits out there scarring their paintwork.
    I'm not justifying their parking. I do understand where they're coming from though.
    It doesn't make it right.

By your logic, everyone can value their own car more than the next person. So we have a situation where everyone parks like a pig ignorant prick.

And even with the value of the vehicle argument. Again irrelevant. A higher priced car does not have more rights than a lower priced one. And it is also of course relative as the banger may mean more financially for one person than a beemer for another person.

There really is no excuse whatsoever for parking like that other than being a prick.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Canadel wrote: »
    It doesn't make it right.

By your logic, everyone can value their own car more than the next person. So we have a situation where everyone parks like a pig ignorant prick.

And even with the value of the vehicle argument. Again irrelevant. A higher priced car does not have more rights than a lower priced one. And it is also of course relative as the banger may mean more financially for one person than a beemer for another person.

There really is no excuse whatsoever for parking like that other than being a prick.
    Firstly, it's not my logic. I'm attempting to explain their logic.
    I also said that value wasn't a factor. I'm simply attempting to explain why people who park like that don't want ignorant gits parking beside them and causing damage to their property.
    That said and before it's suggested, I don't park like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

tom petty wrote: »
    No pics but parked my car in the small car park along the side of Tescos Killarney late this afternoon. Two rows of 18 spaces opposite each other with two other cars at the other end from the last space that I parked in deliberately to avoid any damage from the CGAF brigade that frequent the place . Had to return to my car to collect something and found a 70 ish guy who had parked his bruised Avensis 15 inches from mine trying to squeeze out of his car. Upon hearing my CL operate he looked at me suspiciously but continued levering himself out whilst leaning on his door that was pressing heavily onto my drivers door.
    I'm afraid that I just let rip asking him why he couldn't get it any closer and why the fcuk he had to park like that when the whole fcuking carpark was EMPTY . The irony of it was that when he left he walked the whole length of the carpark passed all the empty spaces to the shops at the other end .
    He pointed to the white partition line saying that he was on his side , a full two inches.......15 empty parking spaces and he has to park 15 inches from mine , stupid old bastard .

Happens every time. If you park in an empty car park some fool will park right next to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

kbannon wrote: »
    Firstly, it's not my logic. I'm attempting to explain their logic.
    I also said that value wasn't a factor. I'm simply attempting to explain why people who park like that don't want ignorant gits parking beside them and causing damage to their property.
    That said and before it's suggested, I don't park like that.
    By "that" logic is what I meant. Obviously I don't know nor care if you park like that.

I do like how those who might cause damage to their car are "ignorant gits" while the person parking in an entirely ignorant and inconsiderate manner falls under "people". I suppose they are arrogant, ignorant pricks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Will ye hush up and post some pictures.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement