Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Excellent shots as always! Where are all the people though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

@jozi: Trust me or not but on most of my photos there is no people. I'm spending a lot of time waiting for clean shot. Of course some of my photos are edited where I remove people but none of the photos I posted n last two pages were edited this way. Only colours were made better and it's all about it. Photo of that Disco Volante was taken in the morning hours when cars where only being parked at their spots, you can even see cars in the background are still under covers. About photos from this weekend. First even photos were taken during the day and there are people on them of course but the photos I posted here were taken at the very end of the day and there was much less people, even the red boards were moved by me or other photographers just to have better view of the car. Salon Prive was packed that's true but in the morning there was a chance to have a photo without people in the background, during the day was more looking at the cars than taking photos but it was rainy day so crowds were leaving earlier and of course i stayed till very end of the show and even after (show closed at 6pm, some photos were taken after 8pm) so it was really easy to take photo. There was tickets called combined and they were given to people after 14:30, I got one of them too but mine were press so my queue was 4 people long, other "normal" queue were half an hour long so I get to the show before crowds and could take a photo before all of them were aloud inside. TVR show wasn't too busy, only owners of cars and few people who visit Museum so wasn't hard to take clear shot, However i stayed there almost all day and when some prizes were given and most of the owners went to the tent I could take clear shot, some of them were taken when some of the cars were leaving. It wasn't too popular meet so I was probably only one who was taking a photos.

I know it's hard to believe but if you'll see me at Cannonball you can see what way I'm taking photos and how long I can wait for clear shot. I'll probably go there there Thursday and I'm not sure about Friday cse it be packed and will be just too hard to take nice shots plus Cannonball cars are s*it this year unless they have some surprise like last year with Koenigsegg and Pagani...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Audi S1:
    [img][/img]gzRKi9F.jpg
    [img][/img]YTwk1ef.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Not usually a no picture post person but saw an R8 V10 and RS5 in convoy in Howth about 20 minutes ago and wasn't quick enough with the camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

396367.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Outside the Shelbourne earlier on.

28905317644_2b61683397_b.jpg
    28908025383_4ccf46e325_b.jpg
    28905318004_608eb4173f_b.jpg
    28908026013_c7043366c0_b.jpg
    28908025913_88d0c29c29_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

you can just imagine a flame thrower or oil slick being fired out of the back of that Aston...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Wilton, Cork

20160908_143023.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

29258712710_9628006d88_c.jpg

GLE Coupe, 6.3L BiTurbo
    London, UK.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

120+ photos of the Cannonball Cara plus a couple of videos. Too many to post:

https://www.facebook.com/AlanJZR/media_set?set=a.10209614071602537.1073741859.1050871085&type=3&pnref=story

If anyone knows an easy way of linking to that amount of photos, let me know!

Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Nice photos, is that F12 first in your video with a spoiler, is that novitec rosso or just an f12 with spoiler ?? Any signs of McLaren P1 yet ?? I left around 8 but before that there werent too many eye catching cars except that awesome wine red Aventador SV Roadster, cool that. many cars had no stickers on yet and there wasnt too many people so I had a chance to get some good photos without anyone around the cars. Btw you got me on few of your shots, i was the one with orange jacket on, you can see my legs staying on the bench on your photos of yellow toy story Huracan :)

Edit: I'll post some of my photos from today, tomorrow and i'm stil thinking if i'll go for Cannonball start or not, need some good sleep and if its not rainy and i wake up early enough i'll go with my dad if its rainy or i wake up late im not going :)

Some of my favourites:

AAC63MCn5vw5MToUpLgGQjGAa

AADE6X87VYdsl2LGooYWcCqva

AAA6z330p_AdxEgCVHY43w1pa

AAB5uLdVtncrYtpQQNQRQ3nDa

AAD2Vgnvngh2ydglmeeEdY-oa

AACPmD41wgFnqJe3XDG4Q-jJa

Nice photos, is that F12 first in your video with a spoiler, is that novitec rosso or just an f12 with spoiler ?? Any signs of McLaren P1 yet ?? I left around 8 but before that there werent too many eye catching cars except that awesome wine red Aventador SV Roadster, cool that. many cars had no stickers on yet and there wasnt too many people so I had a chance to get some good photos without anyone around the cars. Btw you got me on few of your shots, i was the one with orange jacket on, you can see my legs staying on the bench on your photos of yellow toy story Huracan :)

Edit: I'll post some of my photos from today, tomorrow and i'm stil thinking if i'll go for Cannonball start or not, need some good sleep and if its not rainy and i wake up early enough i'll go with my dad if its rainy or i wake up late im not going :)

I 100% honestly wondered if you'd be there. I saw a few people taking decent shots and I swear I thought one of them was you! That's great that it was! I'm sure I'll be in some of yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Facebook links aren't great for people not on facebook - it says page unavailable.

tossy wrote: »
    Facebook links aren't great for people not on facebook - it says page unavailable.

Yup! I'd you can tell me an easy way of posting 120+ photos and videos, I'm all ears! :)

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I can't see any of the pics in Anto's post either, am I the only one? :o

https://www.facebook.com/AlanJZR/media_set?set=a.10209614071602537.1073741859.1050871085&type=3&pnref=story

antodeco wrote: »
    Yup! I'd you can tell me an easy way of posting 120+ photos and videos, I'm all ears! :)

Whittle it down to the best ones and upload them to an image host like everyone else, do we really want/need to see 120 pics ?

Still not working :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I got a few before dark last night and some this morning. Quite the selection of cars I thought!

tossy wrote: »
    Whittle it down to the best ones and upload them to an image host like everyone else, do we really want/need to see 120 pics?

My best and your best might be very different ;)

Try here. It's a public album on dropbox, so should work fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ntog6k59xro30xv/AABbda30hPIAV3SE8fqZIVf_a

I 100% honestly wondered if you'd be there. I saw a few people taking decent shots and I swear I thought one of them was you! That's great that it was! I'm sure I'll be in some of yours!

It's hard to be on my photos :) Was waiting a long time to get some photos and I end up without photos of SLR because there was to lads staying beside that car and then other car parked beside him and had no chance to get good photo. I was in orange jacket so you definitelly saw me :)
    Is there a P1 there this year? F12 looks like a Novitec widebody.

McLaren P1 poped in accepted cars two days ago but didn't see any photos of any hypercar this year so don't think he made it. The F12 was just a F12 with spoiler and not a Novitec Rosso. Saw some better photos today.
    jozi wrote: »
    I got a few before dark last night and some this morning. Quite the selection of cars I thought!

I think different. I really don't think there was some good cars this year but if you don't mind if I say few words about Cannonball:
    First of all I really appreciate work people put into this event, to keep it go for last 9 years of which I missed only first two in 2008 and 2009. It looks like organizers are listen to people and they changed stickers a bit and this year cars had much less sponsor stickers than it was in previous years or maybe I'm wrong and only I can see it different. Anyway that not change fact that I still hate stickers on cars and for me it wouls be enough to have Cannonball name on front windscreen and start number on side window. What else I like this year was Media Passes. I was asking for this last few year. Never got any and even if I didn't need it this year I got one because I like to have Press badges from every event I'm accreditated as media but what I don't like about it is fact that everyone who ask for it got it and you could see under 12 years old running around with media badge. It's joke... there should be few them not hundred for everyone who want it.

About cars: Do you really think that cars on the grid were super, hyper rare? You can see more in one day walking around Knightbridge and Mayfair in London. I know we live in country which is very very unfriendly (prob the worst country in the world to have supercar) for supercars or any car with engine bigger than 2.0 but still cars accepted for this year Cannonball were nothing special in my opinion. Lot of Huracans and few cheapest Ferraris. I think S55 AMG from 2004 which you can see on my photos or C63 AMG Estate were more rare cars than Huracan those days. What they said on their website "We welcome applications from supercars, movie-themed cars, American monster cars and wacky/fun vehicles." and there we had Mini Cooper, Audi A5 2.0 diesel, BMW Z4 or BMW 6er. Well I think I'm driving by better car than those above but hay I'm not gonna pay €2500 to have weekend spin around the country. Well overpriced, are drinks included in prize?

Earlier this year we had Gumball3000 in Dublin and I thought it won't be too hard to be better than them and if cars on Cannonball would be similar to last year I'd say Cannonball be better than Gumball but this year list was really low standard. You may not agree with me this is my opinion and I think the onlt cars worth to have a look were Aventadors SV and Black Series which I missed.

I was there yesterday and was thinking if I should be back in the morning. Was looking at photos of cars arriving to the grid and this morning decide to stay longer in bed than go to Point Village which was probably packed with people as every year. The only cars wasn't there yesterday when I was leaving and I'd like to see were purple Huracan and Black Series (not sure if real)

jozi, they not edited haha. I didn't photoshoped people from any of those photos. You were there yourself so you could see how quiet time it was untill about half 7 when more people come there to see cars. You can also ask antodeco that there wasn't too many people around. I know there are people on his photos but maybe I've more patient or more experience with taking photos and was waiting for extra 2 minutes for clean shot.

Ending my post if you ask me how do I see Cannonball in future? I can't see it. It becoming a show off show for rich people who bring their expensive toys and I think that more after seeing a condition of those cars. Pink Aston Martin have that really bad wrap for last few years. Maybe it's time to change it? Ferrari 458 with pealing colour on bonnet. I could see people arriving with their cars. they all friends, they all know each other, it's rich people meeting and showing off with their cars but even this not changing the fact that Cannonball is the best (because it's only one of this kind of events) supercar show in Ireland...
    3UjJTUj.jpg
    ppRQX9F.jpg
    bTfVRe4.jpg
    8Q8qEvC.jpg
    97oW47w.jpg
    EYJYs5R.jpg
    BrWFnMA.jpg
    zvp4ldQ.jpg
    Zy5fZJ5.jpg
    Xmriimu.jpg
    CsP5wVr.jpg
    rUwuDAr.jpg

• Advertisement

nZQAcka.jpg
    pgfEWqF.jpg
    CwhP3Zw.jpg
    4t5GwRY.jpg
    9oEGub6.jpg
    cYOURPD.jpg
    TerPjvW.jpg
    o4LSi3d.jpg
    GAGUvcp.jpg
    cXPKTsn.jpg
    7fkUkNo.jpg
    wy3eplL.jpg
    1y1d2jP.jpg
    P0Jh4mL.jpg
    X73Bo3F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Last year they had the carrera gt koenigsegg agera and Zonda have never had a veyron line up is poorer this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Might be in Galway for the Cannonball!!!!
    [IMG][/img]Fordcedes1_zpsqpnnx8eg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Was anyone at the Cannonball this morning? I literally haven't seen one picture or video from today :confused:

It's on their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

A few pics from cannonball today:
    [IMG][/img]kfzhBvw.jpg
    [IMG][/img]xfe1AeU.jpg
    [IMG][/img]sZdQ6Ed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

islanderre wrote: »
    Might be in Galway for the Cannonball!!!!
    [IMG][/img]Fordcedes1_zpsqpnnx8eg.jpg

That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on boards.ie. And the Ford badge blacked out too :eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on boards.ie. And the Ford badge blacked out too :eek:

That ranks about 1,568 in the most ridiculous things i've seen/read on here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

There I was minding my own business getting cat food when I passed Bunratty and saw all the above cars.

Took no pictures :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They all passed through my local town today as well. Wasn't in town to see them, just seen pictures on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement