Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Macinek_55, I just seen a picture of this car on UNILAD TECH on facebook. Still has your watermark. It was taking at a slightly side angle not directly in front the way this picture is.

Is that UNILAD TECH something popular? My friend send me link to that too and I don't mind if anyone share my photos as long as there are my credits and I sa they put link to my flickr account in their first post under the photo. Thanks for letting me know anyway. I'd like to know what is going on with my photos after I post them but there is no chance I find everything, everywhere so thank you once again for letting me know. We talking about this photo:

There was one more of my photos shared by something like blacklist on instagram and heard they only post best photos they can find in internet and it was this photo:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yes that's the pic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UniLad

http://www.unilad.co.uk/

Don't have a link for the facebook pages they have as but they have a few Unilad, Unilad Tech etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Was going through photos on my phone and found this one that I took back in July while on holidays in Germany. Coincidence that it was a Dutch reg (first reg 1985). Now I know it's not the best quality of pictures but that's not a shadow on the back. It had no German emissions sticker. :pac:

397289.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

A few shots from the Leinster Trophy at Mondello yesterday. I was in a lazy shooting mode from the grand stand :P

fSiXfq3.jpg

LwCAaN0.jpg

p45qnTk.jpg

aw2NHTG.jpg

QazgX9x.jpg

Tvm0r35.jpg

MWenDRS.jpg

qkhyaDr.jpg

zZxoqz8.jpg

XExc4kp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

img1_zpssflnnzcu.jpg

img2_zpsnlnjwryx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

^ rear quarter in the top pic reminds me of a freshened up Lexus LS (Presidential) model.
    Here's one of its forebears, E38 (I think) in Blackrock the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

20160920_193536.jpg

If anyone fancies a good bike the window has been left open on this dirty shyte heap :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

I hope you did something annoying like fold in the passenger side mirror :D

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    I hope you did something annoying like fold in the passenger side mirror :D

I'm too nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I'm too nice.

What a bucket off sh1t that thing is! The bike was proving the practicality of it, my friend said it couldn't be done! :D

Highly recommend the pizza in Borza by the way :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

166man wrote: »
    The bike was proving the practicality of it,

Handy to have there too, for the inevitable breakdown like :D:D

166man wrote: »
    What a bucket off sh1t that thing is! The bike was proving the practicality of it, my friend said it couldn't be done! :D

Highly recommend the pizza in Borza by the way :cool:

You don't have to tell me about the pizza there. He knows my first name now! It's the best I've had in Dublin, genuinely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Alpina D3 in West Dublin, seems to be the real deal.
    Nothing much to get excited about, but rare enough I understand.

397563.jpg
    397564.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

franer1970 wrote: »
    Alpina D3 in West Dublin, seems to be the real deal.
    Nothing much to get excited about, but rare enough I understand.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/alpina/used-2007-bmw-alpina-d3-dublin-fpa-4407059487502269724

Make him an offer....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

^ I see one of Marcinek 55's photos is in the carzone ad

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

I ought to be getting something off him for inadvertently drumming up extra interest in it.
    tc20 wrote: »
    ^ I see one of Marcinek 55's photos is in the carzone ad

Slightly better photos than I managed alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Is there anything special apart from the Alpina decals that makes that 320d more special than a normal 320d?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

bear1 wrote: »
    Is there anything special apart from the Alpina decals that makes that 320d more special than a normal 320d?
    Yea. It's basically a whole new car. Different brakes turbo suspension etc etc.

197bhp compared to the standard 150bhp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Good review here which explains the differences...

http://www.evo.co.uk/bmw/alpina/6430/bmw-alpina-d3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ok I'm impressed then.
    I wonder would it suffer from the swirl flaps issue also or would it be a reworked engine?

Ok I'm impressed then.
    I wonder would it suffer from the swirl flaps issue also or would it be a reworked engine?

I don't know about the swirl flaps but the Alpina engineers are supposed to be brilliant so it wouldn't surprise me if they had improved on that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Mentions in the Evo article that the engine is untouched

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭davidglanza

CianDon wrote: »
    You work all week full tilt and then as a means of relaxing you set an alarm for 3.15AM to drive nearly 3 hours to stand up the top of a mountain. It's just a car guy kinda thing to do. But when the company you have lined up is as special as this morning, its almost a pleasure to do the crazy times and lonely drives.
    29701701846_e15a385555_c.jpg

29110106864_6f377568f5_c.jpg

29110105214_8c7a0e58e2_c.jpg

29445558750_d7fd5d877b_c.jpg

29112170413_ee924d23c4_c.jpg

29445559530_be36308a72_c.jpg

29112171583_2b58a50354_c.jpg

29625518252_401f17c0b8_c.jpg
    love the 3 door cossie..

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Mentions in the Evo article that the engine is untouched

It mentions in the Evo article that the engine internals are untouched but also mentions a larger Garrett turbocharger and intercooler,
    bigger injectors and reprogrammed engine management so several parts have been changed.

It's not inconceivable that the Alpina engineers made changes to address the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

An 07 320d are 177bhp from factory prior to 07 they were 163bhp.
    Face-lift e46 320d were 150bhp
    Then the next model was 197bhp.
    I suppose alpina had to keep all the auxiliaries in a fairly detuned overly safe state hence the modest gain in bhp a standard 320d with a remap can easily surpass 197bhp and stay reliable but then the alpina would have a higher tuning ceiling factoring in the bigger injectors and turbo.
    Either way it's a lot of money for a non cheap tax diesel! a 335d would be massively better.

An 07 320d are 177bhp from factory prior to 07 they were 163bhp.
    Face-lift e46 320d were 150bhp
    Then the next model was 197bhp.
    I suppose alpina had to keep all the auxiliaries in a fairly detuned overly safe state hence the modest gain in bhp a standard 320d with a remap can easily surpass 197bhp and stay reliable but then the alpina would have a higher tuning ceiling factoring in the bigger injectors and turbo.
    Either way it's a lot of money for a non cheap tax diesel! a 335d would be massively better.

By all accounts Alpina don't try to create the most powerful car they can, they try and improve the car to their standards.

The work their magic on the suspension and don't use run flats to make the best handling and riding car they can.

They finesse steering weights and offer nicer surfaces for the steering wheel and gear knob to improve the feel of the cars.

For a long time they didn't offer the cars with automatic gearboxes and iDrive as they wanted to keep the driving experience simpler.

An Alpina would be in my opinion a much better car than any standard BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

No pics because I was driving (timely reminder to get a dashcam) but yesterday, I saw a black R35 (lives around the area I think) overtake a yellow reg white R35 on the N3 at Blanch. Heaven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

29297527404_96b6819d24_b.jpg

Not my pic directly but taken this weekend I believe: McLaren 688 HS, Ascot (UK)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

ironclaw wrote: »
    29297527404_96b6819d24_b.jpg

Not my pic directly but taken this weekend I believe: McLaren MSO HS, Ascot (UK)

A 688 HS, delivered this weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement