Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

When you think of the 2.0 Golf R engine pumping out 300bhp it's miserable. I know it's turbo'd etc but that would be a much more suitable engine IMO but it may not have been out in 2013. A tuned GTI engine would be perfect.
    Different engine altogether. It's not about bhp, or top speed. It's more of a motorway cruiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Quazzie wrote: »
    Different engine altogether. It's not about bhp, or top speed. It's more of a motorway cruiser.

This is true but wouldn't it sell more if it wasn't in the highest tax bracket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

The Golf R unit is now available in the Superb..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This is true but wouldn't it sell more if it wasn't in the highest tax bracket?
    Different strokes for different folks. They didn't have our crazy tax brackets in mind when selling it.
    Same unit, different tune,

Quazzie wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks. They didn't have our crazy tax brackets in mind when selling it.

Same unit, different tune,

And unfortunately different drivetrain. Superb VRS anyone? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭kooga

in cork at lunch time

1331399565385488.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭kooga

I see a dealer in derry has a L and K version with that engine.

kooga wrote: »
    I see a dealer in derry has a L and K version with that engine.

€50,350 without options :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

And unfortunately different drivetrain. Superb VRS anyone? :pac:

Don't Jest.

Sportline 280 4x4 :)

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/skoda/superb/first-drives/2016-skoda-superb-20-tsi-280-sport-line-review

_sp_8996.jpg?itok=ik_ZTieH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

JamieIsGod wrote: »
    Stumbled across this incredibly rare Ferrari 365GTC/4 today, only 505 ever produced and good god the noise out of it:P

30975392383_67afed2f37_c.jpg

Joe Macari is looking for £275k for a lhd one in London. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Joe Macari is looking for £275k for a lhd one in London. :eek:

Worth every penny for the sound alone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

2 nice cars spotted by Mahon in Cork today (but as I was driving no photos). Red 161 D plate Civic Type R with a blonde lady driving it. Spotted the same car over by Dennehy's cross last week. Damn it looks lairy!!

Also a grey R35 GT-R on Irish plates (10 I think) pulled over on the slip road heading towards the tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Top Dog wrote: »
    2 nice cars spotted by Mahon in Cork today (but as I was driving no photos). Red 161 D plate Civic Type R with a blonde lady driving it. Spotted the same car over by Dennehy's cross last week. Damn it looks lairy!!

Also a grey R35 GT-R on Irish plates (10 I think) pulled over on the slip road heading towards the tunnel.

Guy near where I have my E30 has what I thought was a full blown type R also, looked the part but the diesel engine was a disappointment. He spent a pretty penny looking cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

jozi wrote: »
    Guy near where I have my E30 has what I thought was a full blown type R also, looked the part but the diesel engine was a disappointment. He spent a pretty penny looking cool!
    Couldnt swear that the one I saw was the real deal, but if it wasn't then someone spent a fortune to make it look real. 4 chunky exhaust pipes out the back, huge brakes up front, sports front seats, and the full bodykit. Since it was in heavy traffic both times there was no chance for her to open it up or to hear much noise out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

Top Dog wrote: »

Always see that R35 around,there's 3 around Cork that I know of,the navy one above,the grey one and a white one that was in Clonakilty

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

Spotted a 1991 Golf van in Baltimore in Cork. It's taxed, insured and CVRT'd till various dates late in 2017.

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw this today in cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Any amount of English reg around Cork this Christmas. An Overfinch on 22s and a Transit parked up down town last night. Very cultured.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Over visiting the relations!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

Was over in Newcastle last weekend and saw a crazy amount of cars. Didn't get to take many pics as we were on a class trip and so didn't want to be stopping every 2 minutes to take pictures....SO many high spec cars. Didn't see any exotic unfortunately but everything was top spec...from the new type R, focus RSs, GTI Clubsports, C63s, M4s RS3,4,5,6,7s lol. It was crazy over there!

I like that RS6 Avant but I think it's a pity they're not doing the RS4 and RS6 in the saloon anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I like that RS6 Avant but I think it's a pity they're not doing the RS4 and RS6 in the saloon anymore.

Stop Trolling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

They should bring back the RS4 Tdi. Seemed very popular :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

An unfocused shot of a boardsie car... But focused on the dust and wiper! :eek:
    :p:p" rel="nofollow">https://c8.staticflickr.com/6/5710/30278651343_9a9b1823d3_h.jpg[/url

I'm hiding in the Malahide rd industrial park... A poor attempt at hiding :p:p:p

And again today!
    31127351483_7791f4c956_b.jpg

And I'm hiding in the industrial estate in full view again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

First time out in a good while too haha. Just passed you parked up a minute ago too

I bet you didn't see the red right hand drive Delta Integrale Evo on the roundabout about five minutes ago tho! :eek:

First time out in a good while too haha. Just passed you parked up a minute ago too

I bet you didn't see the red right hand drive Delta Integrale Evo on the roundabout about five minutes ago tho! :eek:

Sh*te I missed that! :eek: can't see very much from where I'm sitting :o

I did see a clone of my car, 99 C though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Tell me about it. It went up Blunden drive

I have photos of it around from about 18 months ago

I must keep a lookout for it, I do be out that way if I fancy Kennedys for breakfast! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

Just saw a RR Phantom on Waterloo Road Ballsbridge on UK plates, looked like personalised reg plates too, JR 1 or something like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement