Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Could be wrong but I think this T8 is 400hp combined?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

Looks like McGregor has bought the Lewis Motors 12C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Theboybang wrote: »
    Looks like McGregor has bought the Lewis Motors 12C

Most of his cars are from Lewis and they are not bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Might be a boardsie? A 171 clubsport GTI in Ongar. This looks the business. The spoiler gives it a menacing look, without being a boy racer look. Alloys are definitely growing on me. Lovely car IRL.

orldg3.jpg

Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Could be wrong but I think this T8 is 400hp combined?

Not bad for a 2.0 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭goochy

Mc gregors cars were stored in kearys in cork before Xmas , none of them were From Lewis motors . Perhaps they sourced the caddy for him but it had no dealer name on it. Rest of cars all main dealer bought

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That looks very familiar.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Why didn't you say you were coming to my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

I came across this in Foxrock today. For some reason the photos are appearing too large, and two are sideways.

5fkq3o.jpg

2lnfnv7.jpg

20jg3du.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Can't post link from phone.

Look up Martin Reilly BMW Sligo on facebook. He has a slideshow of a lovely 2002.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

McGregors new McClaren seems to be that one them gamer brothers owned?

Gamebred wrote: »
    McGregors new McClaren seems to be that one them gamer brothers owned?

Same car. It was wrapped grey for a while as well. And they didn't own it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

ironclaw wrote: »

Much would they be leasing them for ball park figure? 6 month rentals are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

OSI wrote: »
    Avert thine eyes!

Polo Image

Skip to 0:53 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

The cars factory colour is grey, the orange is a wrap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    What do you mean they didn't own it?
    Lease agreement presumably?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    The car is grey underneath the orange wrap.

What do you mean they didn't own it?

Apologies about the color, correct.

Very few people in Ireland can afford such a car. To own a €200k car, you'd need to make about €400k pre-tax. So to really afford the car, you'd need about double that pre-tax to fund the rest of your lifestyle. Very few people in Ireland are on a million plus per year, and if they are, they are far smarter than to drop €200k into a car that is depreciating. They sure as hell won't put it on Irish plates. Therefore, unless its a car that will appreciate in value e.g. Rare Ferrari's and Porsche's, one off Lambos etc they are very rarely outright owned by an individual. They are either leased or owned by a company, so the depreciation can be written off.

I suppose the point I'm making is, there's having some spare cash and there is never worrying about a cent in your life cash. An elite few are the latter and Instagram is very good at making the former look like the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Apologies about the color, correct.

Very few people in Ireland can afford such a car. To own a €200k car, you'd need to make about €400k pre-tax. So to really afford the car, you'd need about double that pre-tax to fund the rest of your lifestyle. Very few people in Ireland are on a million plus per year, and if they are, they are far smarter than to drop €200k into a car that is depreciating. They sure as hell won't put it on Irish plates. Therefore, unless its a car that will appreciate in value e.g. Rare Ferrari's and Porsche's, one off Lambos etc they are very rarely outright owned by an individual. They are either leased or owned by a company, so the depreciation can be written off.

I suppose the point I'm making is, there's having some spare cash and there is never worrying about a cent in your life cash. An elite few are the latter and Instagram is very good at making the former look like the latter.

The two previous owners own a collection of other cars, including an Irish registration Ferrari 458, R8, RS5 and a BMW i8. So if your above explanation about supercar ownership was correct they`d have to be making close to 1.5 million after tax? Which More than likely isn`t the case

I`ve only one question........ Have you ever heard of finance? :D

The two previous owners own a collection of other cars, including an Irish registration Ferrari 458, R8, RS5 and a BMW i8. So if your above explanation about supercar ownership was correct they`d have to be making close to 1.5 million after tax?

I`ve only one question........ Have you ever heard of finance?

Yes, finance is also an option. As long as what you pay per month is less than the deprecation of the car in the same period. This is what most of my friends in the US do as finance is far more available. Most of them would have them financed via the business to use for tax write off purposes. The really smart guys with spare cash take the cars pre-order slots, ride the increase in price while they are rare and hard to get, and cash out above the sticker price.

On thread though, bargain here if anyone is interested:

32042948570_eb5e14af3b_c.jpg

Truly amazing car. Supercharger alone is a custom build at €33k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Yes, finance is also an option. As long as what you pay per month is less than the deprecation of the car in the same period. This is what most of my friends in the US do as finance is far more available. Most of them would have them financed via the business to use for tax write off purposes. The really smart guys with spare cash take the cars pre-order slots, ride the increase in price while they are rare and hard to get, and cash out above the sticker price.

On thread though, bargain here if anyone is interested:

32042948570_eb5e14af3b_c.jpg

Truly amazing car. Supercharger alone is a custom build at €33k.

It's off topic but just on the writing off for tax purposes... The maximum amount you can claim capital allowances (tax depreciation) on a car is €24,000. It is actually more efficient to purpose an A rated Co2 car for less than €24,000 as you will get a deduction for €24,000 having paid less. In your scenario you pay more than €24,000 for the car and are restricted to €24,000.

Same applies to leases.

I don't disagree on the point regarding no owning cars directly but holding an expensive car in a company is not tax efficient in the slightest. BIK on the car and restricted capital allowances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

as I have said before wealthy people don't like paying cash for something that depreciates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I was walking along a road last night and I saw an Aston Martin Lagonda, I last saw one in 1992 or thereabouts, so I went down to have a look and discovered a warehouse full of the most amazing cars. Behind the Aston was a Citroen SM. Behind that was a Veyron. There was a Ferrari Daytona in there, a Testarossa, a Merc Pullman, lots of Alfas, some Fiat 500s that I have since discovered are called Jolly.

I wandered in, took a look around, there was nobody about. I took a few photos and left. Sorry, not sure why these are sideways.

406957.jpg[IMG][/img]406959.jpg406958.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I've seen those Fiats on sale for £90k - £120k sterling!

Ha ha . Where is that london ? Dealer ??

Check out harford motors Facebook page good comedy sketch video in their showroom.in mc laren involving mc gregor and trump

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

D_BEAR wrote: »

Guards had him stopped in it on Aungier street on Wednesday in that (is there more than one?) Mondeo Vignale they're smoking around in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Very few people in Ireland can afford such a car. To own a €200k car, you'd need to make about €400k pre-tax. So to really afford the car, you'd need about double that pre-tax to fund the rest of your lifestyle. Very few people in Ireland are on a million plus per year, and if they are, they are far smarter than to drop €200k into a car that is depreciating. They sure as hell won't put it on Irish plates.

Why are we talking about how people choose to pay for their cars? The original question simply asked if the McLaren that McGregor was driving the other night was the same one that was/is owned by the YouTube Minecraft guys and the answer is yes, it's the same car. The fact that it might be leased, financed or whatever is the owners business and completely irrelevant to this discussion. No one is under the illusion that everyone driving a supercar paid for it with cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ah lads who gives a **** how he financed a car.
    Beats driving around in a diesel **** box.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement