Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

goochy wrote: »
    Ha ha . Where is that london ? Dealer ??

The place is called DD Classics, but I think it is their warehouse rather than their showroom.

Completely deserted and millions of quid worth of exotic cars just sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭goochy

Oh yes . It's owned by Daniel Donovan who ran a great garage in London called Straight eight in Shepards Bush . Unbelievable stock for the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Beat up a rotten, but still proper old timer. Engine is sound, just needs body work and tlc on interior.

o20AI3a.jpg
    iiKwmsY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

That could be a nice project. Love the colour. 5er wheels would have to go obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Big Nasty wrote: »
    That could be a nice project. Love the colour. 5er wheels would have to go obviously.

I'd say they put them on, so the car could roll.

Still looks unreal in the flesh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Carpentry wrote: »

Still looks unreal in the flesh.

They sure do. But the nightmare usually begins when you look below the 'flesh', they rot uncontrollably from the inside out.

Thats why good, rot-free ones go for big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Carpentry wrote: »
    Beat up a rotten, but still proper old timer. Engine is sound, just needs body work and tlc on interior.

]

Please Keep us updated....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Near as I can tell, we lined up about 3,600hp as we parked for lunch. My little 340hp V8 is far and away the weakest of the lot. The fiance's 430hp or so Mercedes was second weakest.
    A3DbyfK.jpg
    We had actually started off at an Audi enthusiasts meeting, but they aren't picky about what you bring as long as you're a petrolhead.
    4v1DO7w.jpg
    Hence, the arrival of a whole bunch of cadillacs. The tyres on this one are as close to slick as makes little difference.
    OUeIMQx.jpg
    This wagon (estate) took the cake. It's packing about 1,200hp. Used to be 1,300+, the current owner de-tuned it.
    XSJKVn5.jpg
    Owner says he never has had call to use the NO bottles.
    Kmalj53.jpg
    All profesionally done, of course. He's selling it, I'm giving it serious consideration. $50k for 33,000 miles, 2013 model. I'm taking pause at the 13-15mpg motorway consumption, though. In town, it's even worse. But boy, you should hear the noise it makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Bet it s**ts itself when it sees anything other than straight road though. Give me the lesser powered Euro car any day of those American cars.

It has issues in the rain, all right. I would think any RWD with over 800hp would. But Cadillac figured out how to make sports sedans a few years back, the CTS-V will fight an M5 or E AMG any day of the week. GM no longer only makes quarter-milers.

• Advertisement

It has issues in the rain, all right. I would think any RWD with over 800hp would. But Cadillac figured out how to make sports sedans a few years back, the CTS-V will fight an M5 or E AMG any day of the week. GM no longer only makes quarter-milers. I say this as an Audi S4 owner, with the S6 top of my next to-buy list. There is a reason the Caddy keeps winning motoring magazine shootouts.

It has issues in the rain, all right. I would think any RWD with over 800hp would. But Cadillac figured out how to make sports sedans a few years back, the CTS-V will fight an M5 or E AMG any day of the week. GM no longer only makes quarter-milers. I say this as an Audi S4 owner, with the S6 top of my next to-buy list. There is a reason the Caddy keeps winning motoring magazine shootouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Okay okay, we get it, it has issues, sheesh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

I have issues in the rain with 240hp and rwd!!! Death trap right there..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Rain ??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

Try buying good tyres ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

First time to ever see one of these, may well be the only time I'll see one. Tesla Roadster parked outside the Natural History Museum in London. Didn't bother taking a pic of a matt black Hurrican that was just up from it, I was too excited after seeing the Tesla!

20170121_144008.jpg

20170121_144022.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Only a Tesla Roadster can make a Nissan Micra look like an SUV... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dan27barca

No picture but I just saw an orange 162 PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS (991) in Drogheda!!! My god, it was AWESOME!! I was so excited, I gave loads of thumbs up to the driver from my car and he waved back. Made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

738A989F-ACAA-4C01-89FD-DA0E3B88D583_zpsqpjrwv1g.jpg

0D547EC5-376F-4212-A472-2FDB493A7244_zpsaipaxved.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Would I be right in saying that the Tesla Roadster is based on a Lotus Elise?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Certainly looks a lot like one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

dan27barca wrote: »
    No picture but I just saw an orange 162 PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS (991) in Drogheda!!! My god, it was AWESOME!! I was so excited, I gave loads of thumbs up to the driver from my car and he waved back. Made my day!

Seen that car in Kildare previously, savage motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Ya, on a slightly stretched Elise chassis.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    Try buying good tyres ;)

I run Rainsport 3's (don't have TC though..):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

I'm not 100% if this is a 'real' model, the badging looked spot on.
    Down at Brittas Bay yesterday. (BMW X5 M 50D)

it's coming up as a 3.0 diesel on cartel??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

tc20 wrote: »
    I'm not 100% if this is a 'real' model, the badging looked spot on.
    Down at Brittas Bay yesterday. (BMW X5 M 50D)

it's coming up as a 3.0 diesel on cartel??

A quick cartell would tell you it is indeed real ;)

Edit, oh sorry, Just re read your post properly.

Yes its real, the M50d is infact a 3.0 Diesel engine but with Triple Turbos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

^ ah, gotcha - it had me confused, I wasn't sure if there was a 5 litre derv version..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

Only a Tesla Roadster can make a Nissan Micra look like an SUV...  :)
    Smart Roadster would make Tesla Roadster look like a SUV

• Advertisement

Nice spot in Drogheda..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement