Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Saw a lovely wine 161 D Bentley coupe earlier, heading out of Naas towards Punchestown. Young looking lad driving it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Here's a deadly motor I saw today (not actual image obviously) but the colour is awesome. 205bhp from a 1.6T in a car that size...not bad at all!

GT_3_4f2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Ooh lala Nicole!

Not badly priced either - c. €33k with a load of options included.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

So which is more expensive - the R8 or the RS6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Top Dog wrote: »
    So which is more expensive - the R8 or the RS6?

R8 is €296k and RS6 is €163k on Carzone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Also saw a Bentayga in the Pavilions in Swords. Told the missus that it was worth more than our house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

goochy wrote: »
    was the Bentley irish reg. ?

Yes, a 162 D 239XX reg. I got a photo but can't manage to put it up here for some reason. It was a lady driver but the passenger, who came around to speak to the two gardaí was a (slightly) elderly man.

Not that impressed with the car really. It's listed on Carzone as a €450k motor, but not sure it looks it, although I couldn't get close enough to see properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭goochy

driving one of those just shows you money but no taste - I know the Bentley has nicer interior but a brand new SQ7 4.0 TDI is €136k shows you have taste and know a good car. - I believe the diesel Bentley has an audi engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

'08 Maserati Coupe in Greystones recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

tc20 wrote: »
    '08 Maserati Coupe in Greystones recently

Saw a maserati similar to that one in college the other day... was jealous until i saw the tax out of date two months and a no parking here sticker on the back window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

driving one of those just shows you money but no taste - I know the Bentley has nicer interior but a brand new SQ7 4.0 TDI is €136k shows you have taste and know a good car. - I believe the diesel Bentley has an audi engine.

But the Bentley shows your richer......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

but a brand new SQ7 4.0 TDI is €136k shows you have taste

Lmao how?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

There was a gorgeous dark grey RS6 on Fitzwilliam Square at lunchtime - 161 D something.... Absolutely class-looking car, very subtlely styled and must sound spectacular!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Anatom wrote: »
    There was a gorgeous dark grey RS6 on Fitzwilliam Square at lunchtime - 161 D something.... Absolutely class-looking car, very subtlely styled and must sound spectacular!

Always parked there. Gorgeous car. The owner of the Fitz likes his expensive cars - don't know if that is his or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Wasn't here for a long time but winter is a relaxing time for me and no shows or car spotting. I saw few nice cars like Maserati Granturismo few minutes ago passing me on greenhills road, There is always one Granturismo parking in shope beside my work on Long Mile Road, I saw BMW M4 (151-MH-4) in Bray two days ago, There is also Alfa Romeo Giulia QV in showroom on Naas road and yesterday I saw this in from of me:
    k03OB4i.jpg

I will probably be going to Lomerick for Supercar Sunday in April and may bring some photos of Veyron which will be there for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

yesterday I saw this in from of me:
    k03OB4i.jpg

What a car. Why bother with a r8 when you can have that! And buy a house with the change!

I know the Bentley says you are richer but knowing its really an Audi and that people will think its way overpriced doesn't say much about you. The Sq7 seems almost cheap !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

kona wrote: »
    What a car. Why bother with a r8 when you can have that! And buy a house with the change!

Because you are left with a house and 16 year old mini hatch that costs 1800 euro to tax and most of your weekly wage to run and will be matched or beaten by 90% of modern hot hatches :D

Still an awesome car though, and in fairness buying one plus a house instead on an R8 is sound financial advice lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

tossy wrote: »
    Because you are left with a house and 16 year old mini hatch that costs 1800 euro to tax and most of your weekly wage to run and will be matched or beaten by 90% of modern hot hatches :D

Still an awesome car though, and in fairness buying one plus a house instead on an R8 is sound financial advice lol

I wouldn't worry about the weekly running costs of a v6 clio though,

It will kill you long before the 1st week is up. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

tossy wrote: »

Clio aside, the r8 at 300k is way down the list of want cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I know the Bentley says you are richer but knowing its really an Audi and that people will think its way overpriced doesn't say much about you. The Sq7 seems almost cheap !
    No. Its a Bentley. Not an Audi. It has an Audi engine, and some parts. There is, an albeit subtle, difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

That Clio :eek: If it's the same one I'm thinking of (and I can't imagine there's another), I'm pretty sure the owner also has a MK5 R32.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Here's a deadly motor I saw today (not actual image obviously) but the colour is awesome. 205bhp from a 1.6T in a car that size...not bad at all!

GT_3_4f2.jpg

Great looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

They have one of them on display in Dundrum TC ATM. Beautiful colour and a fine looking car, and that's coming from someone that doesn't like French car styling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Which one of you guys was parked up in a Tesco Maynooth the other night in this beautiful RS

409413.JPG

That was me marko :) Nice spot!

Sorry but that bentley is an audi , the reason it looks like a q7 is because it's based on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

That was me marko :) Nice spot!

I am a very very jealous man! It is a beauty, the photograph doesn't do it any justice at all.

I tell myself one day (in the very distant future :P ) I might get to own one! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Sorry but that bentley is an audi , the reason it looks like a q7 is because it's based on it

Are you a bit slow? The Bentley is actually a Bentley, believe it or not. I would never, ever look at a Q7 and mistake it for a Bentayga and vice versa. It's completely normal for 2 different models from 2 different manufacturers to have some parts in common, especially when they're both owned by the same company.

What are you having trouble understanding? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement