Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I think this one is also pretty cool...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

A Skoda Felicia channelling a Transformer

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

saw the 2018 Rolls-Royce Phantom prototype there this morning when dropping the kids off . Such a hulk of a yoke, and the rear is uglier than any picture can bring across.
    Was driving so didnt take a pic, but thankfully theres motoring journalists who do that for a living
    http://www.motorauthority.com/pictures/1028144_2018-rolls-royce-phantom-spy-shots_gallery-1#image=100580015

2018-rolls-royce-phantom-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100580015_l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

dvcireland wrote: »
    A Skoda Felicia channelling a Transformer

Albufeira?

saw the 2018 Rolls-Royce Phantom prototype there this morning when dropping the kids off . Such a hulk of a yoke, and the rear is uglier than any picture can bring across.
    Was driving so didnt take a pic, but thankfully theres motoring journalists who do that for a living
    http://www.motorauthority.com/pictures/1028144_2018-rolls-royce-phantom-spy-shots_gallery-1#image=100580015

2018-rolls-royce-phantom-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100580015_l.jpg

Looks like he's driving home with a few bottles of gas in the back for the Superser.! That, or a body or two...

• Advertisement

Anatom wrote: »
    Looks like he's driving home with a few bottles of gas in the back for the Superser.! That, or a body or two...
    well the wife reckoned you'd fit a coffin in the boot, theres that much of a gap between the rear door and the back.
    This picture shows the length of the beast better, but still, to just see a yoke like that in normal traffic is surreal. Its just an odd looking, out of proportion, very very long car.
    And the wheelbase is massive too. You wouldnt want to be manuevering in any tight yards !
    http://images.hgmsites.net/med/2018-rolls-royce-phantom-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100580013_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

well the wife reckoned you'd fit a coffin in the boot, theres that much of a gap between the rear door and the back.
    This picture shows the length of the beast better, but still, to just see a yoke like that in normal traffic is surreal. Its just an odd looking, out of proportion, very very long car.
    And the wheelbase is massive too. You wouldnt want to be manuevering in any tight yards !
    http://images.hgmsites.net/med/2018-rolls-royce-phantom-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100580013_m.jpg

From that angle it looks like his rear springs are gone and the car is sitting on the wheels

An s500 Maybach followed by a BMW m140 stopped at a traffic light, spotted this morning on way to work

Interestingly, this is in the middle of the area where the BMW offices are, and 200m from the ever expanding top secret BMW fiz development centre, so I'd be thinking that seriously top of the range Mercedes is actually owned by BMW for test purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Could be a test to see how well the M140i keeps up with the S500!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio at Agnelli Naas Road:

[IMG][/img]PteU4bu.jpg
    [IMG][/img]5CPkAjq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Spotted a German registered A6 or S6 Avant with a satellite / sensors etc on top of its roof in Clontarf Yesterday. No photos but wasn't disguised in any way..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Greg81

Spotted a German registered A6 or S6 Avant with a satellite / sensors etc on top of its roof in Clontarf Yesterday. No photos but wasn't disguised in any way..

Blue color?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭goochy

Where were Alfa pics. Taken ? NAas road?

saw in Cork today -a 95C original irish with Maxwell motors plates Rolls Royce Silver spirit iii - in good nick but no hubcaps - hopefully just taken off for repair work/ nct.
    wonder who bought new in 95?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Donnybrook just now a grey (dolphin?) M2 and a m5 v10 touring

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

goochy wrote: »
    saw in Cork today -a 95C original irish with Maxwell motors plates Rolls Royce Silver spirit iii - in good nick but no hubcaps - hopefully just taken off for repair work/ nct.
    wonder who bought new in 95?

Who and where were Maxwell motors goochy?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Who and where were Maxwell motors goochy?

Presumably Maxwell Motors in Blackrock, now a branch of Frank Keane I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Saw an Ioniq today in Warsaw, looks nice I have to say.
    So then I went onto the Hyundai.ie website and saw it's starts from 25.5k after the bonus scrappage and Government grant is taken into account.
    Then I took a look at the Hyundai.pl website and the car starts from 33.7k euro! Fairly surprised at the massive difference.
    Even taking the scrappage and grant into perspective the car costs in Ireland the exact same as it would in Poland.
    Seems quite fairly priced in Ireland all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭Slideways

5E50047B-CB81-4056-908A-8C61A14A2594.jpg

2BF3FEB4-3083-40B3-BB9D-93C742C42442.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Today I saw, for the first time ever, a "Golf Sportsvan".

Which is neither sporty nor a van.

VW-Golf-Sportsvan-1.jpg

Somebody somewhere thinks this is awesome and "korean cars are so yawk like". Luckily not too many as I haven't seen one before unless I just assumed they were still calling them "Golf Plus".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

They're nasty enough. For someone who wants a Golf, but uglier and no more practical.

The R-Line kit is life changing for it though, really lifts it in a weird, but good way.

Is that the equivalent of the Golf Plus? You know, the one which large basketball players can sit in the back of?

yes Maxwells in Blackrock were Rolls / Bentley agents up to late 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I saw that Alfa Romeo Giulia QV in Agnieli and ask the dealer for photosession with this car about two weeks ago. No answer so I'll wait when I meet someone with this car on some car show around cse as far as I know there was one already sold in Ireland. The only one Alfa Romeo I like and can't even take any good photos of it cse there isn't enough space in that showroom to get some good photos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I saw that Alfa Romeo Giulia QV in Agnieli and ask the dealer for photosession with this car about two weeks ago. No answer so I'll wait when I meet someone with this car on some car show around cse as far as I know there was one already sold in Ireland.

I don't think one sold to a customer - I think the one in the showroom is the same car that was registered as it's got insurance and tax discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I don't think one sold to a customer - I think the one in the showroom is the same car that was registered as it's got insurance and tax discs.

Oh okay, I knew I saw one with reg plates 161 I think, didn't think it may be the same. I'll see it somewhere anyway: Monaco, UK, Italy or maybe Germany :)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Seen this today, lovely car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Seen this today, lovely car.

I'm sure it'll grow on me but it's the most underwhelming S8 to date, good spot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

Porsche 911 Targa 4 (997):
    [IMG][/img]wZOciCH.jpg
    [IMG][/img]bPp6NRk.jpg

Toyota GT86 Coupe:
    [IMG][/img]Gs8rc3H.jpg
    [IMG][/img]jkChQHV.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Is that Porsche a convertible type thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement