Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Doesn't look to be, though I could be wrong. It is an ugly car imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Is that Porsche a convertible type thing?

Not sure. I can only see its reg plate.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Its a targa, so the glass roof section slides back over the rear screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I was wrong - its under the rear screen.

2007-porsche-targa-911-99_800x0w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Looks like a popemobile from that front angle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Friend sent me these

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭goochy

Targa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RWD

Spotted a black 151-D reg Tesla Model S in traffic this morning in Cork City,went to grab a pic but my phones memory is full :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭goochy

Spotted a nice silver tesla with black wheels in cork , on other side of motorway so couldn't see reg. more interesting thdn usual tesla

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

32763570310_b1e87f454f_c.jpg
    I have no idea of the age or model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

^ MB W114 or W115 coupe (6 cyl were W114, 4 pots the W115)
    (nerd jacket on) - from the ribbed rear lights I'd say its the facelift version which was '73-76 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

Spot on tc20. This is most likely a 280CE and rightly so the "facelift" version. You can distinguish the earlier and later W114/115 with the bigger and wider grille and the ribbed rear lights.

This is obviously an American Spec car: so the separate sealed beam headlights and indicators underneath. No side reflectors though, so not sure which state as most states would have dictated side reflectors on all cars. And finally of course the hideously enormous bumpers front and rear.

As an interesting nerdy fact: the door mirror solution for the facelift W114 Coupe was one of the worst "solutions" that Mercedes has ever managed to dream up. It is bordering the rediculous :). The new facelift W114 and W115 featured a new one piece window instead of the windows with triangular front side vent windows. The coupe had a lower roofline, and thus smaller door windows, so instead of making one piece windows like the saloon, they just used the same doors from the older W114/115 coupe series, and came up with this solution, whereby the mirror is placed a lot more backwards...
    2060457d1483967513-mirror-w114-280c-coupe-1974-capture.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

The "new" 5 series
    Funny thing was that the driver came from Halfords and started going to each tyre and fitting what I presume tyre valve caps. BMW are really cutting costs!! :D

410472.JPG

Sorry for poor pics as didn't want to appear I was taking a pic

410473.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Probably bought dice valve caps for her laaaad!

Looked at a review online yesterday the on board tech on the M sports is ridiculous, the remote parking with the key is class.

I would always have picked the 5 series over the E Class, but now that Mercedes have upped their game with the E class (gone is the image of the E Class being an old mans car), I think the BMW seems lacking now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Dia1988 wrote: »
    I would always have picked the 5 series over the E Class, but now that Mercedes have upped their game with the E class (gone is the image of the E Class being an old mans car), I think the BMW seems lacking now!

I think the interior on the new E class looks very nautical...

mloc123 wrote: »
    I think the interior on the new E class looks very nautical...

Maybe I like nautical!

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Maybe I like nautical!

I sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Masi

So we came across a nice collection of M cars today.
    A pair of identical M4s and M2s... and an i8 in the background.

Of course I had to take a pic... until a lovely gent came out to tell me that I was on private property and not to post the pics to "social media". He was a real barrel of laughs....

So I've decided not to post the photos, just one photo that I took from the public path..... If Trump does not want people looking at the metal, then put it in the garage.

He also told us that they are heading straight to Mondello tomorrow so definitely don't go there and definitely don't take a camera with you!!

You'd swear I took a pic of him in the shower!!

410545.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Do they belong to those Minecraft lads?

el diablo wrote: »
    Trump? Don't get the connection.....

He was a bit of a dictator..... He could also consider building a wall to keep car spotters out!!!

Do they belong to those Minecraft lads?

No, probably BMW Ireland and possibly a corporate BMW M day tomorrow in Mondello??!!

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I passed by that place on Friday and they had an i8, M2 and M4 parked out the front, all 171. Was wondering what the story was with them.

They're the company who do all of the pre-sale preps of BMWs... There's always nice cars there

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Love the attention to detail on the BMW plates whoever put them on, they use white screw caps for white areas of the plates and black where the screw head meets a black number part of plate :pac:

I would have just stuck on metal pressed plates. Nothing worse than a brand new German performance car and big dirty plastic plates screwed onto it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Masi wrote: »
    So we came across a nice collection of M cars today.
    A pair of identical M4s and M2s... and an i8 in the background.

Of course I had to take a pic... until a lovely gent came out to tell me that I was on private property and not to post the pics to "social media". He was a real barrel of laughs....

So I've decided not to post the photos, just one photo that I took from the public path..... If Trump does not want people looking at the metal, then put it in the garage.

He also told us that they are heading straight to Mondello tomorrow so definitely don't go there and definitely don't take a camera with you!!

You'd swear I took a pic of him in the shower!!

Just wondering if the reg of those mondello cars is
    171D18317
    171D5327
    171D16924
    171D1786

just in case somebody is buying one later and is having a google ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just wondering if the reg of those mondello cars is
    171D18317
    171D5327
    171D16924
    171D1786

just in case somebody is buying one later and is having a google ;)

Doubt it, they wouldn't need VRT if they were going to be used on a track, would be adding 25-30% on to the cost price adding a reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

A few pics from berlin

IMG_2403_zps7harkgto.jpg
    IMG_2397_zpsncp6qi6j.jpg
    IMG_2357_zpsriobe20m.jpg
    IMG_2359_zpseqmsgo8m.jpg
    IMG_2322_zpsrbtk9gwm.jpg
    IMG_2334_zpsu3tw0kl5.jpg
    IMG_2332_zpslilajxwj.jpg
    IMG_2340_zpsqshykmwo.jpg
    IMG_2337_zpsgnt7ktyk.jpg
    IMG_2344_zpsfnqg9klf.jpg
    IMG_2343_zpsjutakrq2.jpg
    IMG_2350_zps5oafoxo8.jpgIMG_2352_zpspejhqhoo.jpg
    IMG_2351_zpsjptsjpa6.jpg
    IMG_2347_zps5myenksf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Doubt it, they wouldn't need VRT if they were going to be used on a track, would be adding 25-30% on to the cost price adding a reg.

He meant that potential future buyers might be interested in knowing that they had been used on trackdays for customer/press events.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement