Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First OW wetsuit

Options
  • 02-02-2016 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi all, looking for advice on buying my first wetsuit - suitable for beginner & not too expensive. Plan on doing some ow triathlons this year and need some help as so many options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MalDoc

db76 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for advice on buying my first wetsuit - suitable for beginner & not too expensive. Plan on doing some ow triathlons this year and need some help as so many options.

If I was buying a first wetsuit again...

http://www.wiggle.com/dhb-wetsuit-1/

Any dhb gear I've bought has been very good quality for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

For your first wetsuit I'd recommend something you can try on. Sizing charts can work but you want to make sure the wetsuit fits, a good fitting entry level wetsuit is probably better than a top end wetsuit that doesn't fit. Wheelworx, base2race, cyclesuperstore and swimzone in the NAC all have wetsuits in stock, last time I was in them. Base2Race are the only shop I know in Dublin that if you ring in advance can book a bit of time in their endless pool to see how the suit works for you. Tend to push Zerod suits though, but if these work for you it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭db76

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

db76 wrote: »
    Hi all, looking for advice on buying my first wetsuit ...
    1. Set your budget reasonable to expect a spend of €180-280
    2. How much use will it get?
    3. Get fitted.

There are many different brands of suits with many different qualities of neoprene. Buy something that has a decent warranty cover or from a reputable store that will look after you if anything goes wrong.

Spending a lot does not mean the suit is right, spending a little more than your budget may get you better value in the long run.

If a complete beginner you will prefer lots of buoyancy and not be too worried about degrees of flexibility.

If a seasoned pool swimmer more flexibility and balanced buoyancy is better.

If a good swimmer you are looking for a second skin with neutral buoyancy and you just blew your budget!!

Advertisement