Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract end date

Options
  • 02-02-2016 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Would a Rep here be able to check if my contract has ended. I'm fairly sure it has but would just like to be certain before I switch providers.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi chasm

chasm wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would a Rep here be able to check if my contract has ended. I'm fairly sure it has but would just like to be certain before I switch providers.

Thanks
    I'm happy to help - please PM your eir account number and I'll look in to this

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi chasm

Al

PM Sent

Hi chasm

Al

PM Sent
    Thanks chasm

I confirmed the end date by PM :)

Al

Thanks chasm

I confirmed the end date by PM :)

Al

Thanks for the quick reply Alan. I assume that as i am now out of contract that should i switch, the other provider deals with notifying Eir?

Hi chasm

It depends on the provider - best to check with them just in case.

Eir would ask for notification of your plan to move to another provider by contacting the cancellations team on free phone 1800303600

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi chasm

It depends on the provider - best to check with them just in case.

Eir would ask for notification of your plan to move to another provider by contacting the cancellations team on free phone 1800303600

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan,

Just gave them a quick call there and they offered me a good deal on my current package, so i was happy to sign up to a new contract.
    Thanks again.

I would like to add though that i think it would be better if the confirmation emails included the discounts and promotions that will be added to the account, so the customer has proper confirmation of the monthly amount rather than waiting until the bill issues. The promotions that are offered over the phone should be included in the confirmation email to save from any disputes at a later date when the bill issues.

That's great chasm 

Thanks for your update and thanks for your feedback. I will ensure your feedback is passed on to operations for consideration

Thanks again

Al

So i viewed my new bill online, and it seems i was right and Eir haven't applied the full discount that i was promised over the phone.

I was told that i would be on the same package as my previous contract, Eir base (unlimited usage efibre and eir talk off peak) for €45 a month for 18 months. The rep said that i would be notified of my new package price on my next bill and it would show as €57 reduced to €47 and they would apply a further €2 discount - he said this would not show but not to worry as it would be applied (?) .... well it wasn't and my package is higher than i was informed it would be. The comment about it "not showing" left me a bit worried and it was for that reason that i commented previously about all discounts and promotions should be shown in the confirmation email.
    Guess i will be phoning cancellations in the morning.

So i viewed my new bill online, and it seems i was right and Eir haven't applied the full discount that i was promised over the phone.

I was told that i would be on the same package as my previous contract, Eir base (unlimited usage efibre and eir talk off peak) for €45 a month for 18 months. The rep said that i would be notified of my new package price on my next bill and it would show as €57 reduced to €47 and they would apply a further €2 discount - he said this would not show but not to worry as it would be applied (?) .... well it wasn't and my package is higher than i was informed it would be. The comment about it "not showing" left me a bit worried and it was for that reason that i commented previously about all discounts and promotions should be shown in the confirmation email.
    Hi chasm

I see your bill is indeed €47.18 (exceeding €47 by 18 cent due to a peak time call)

Can you confirm how much you feel you have been overcharged please? From my understand you are advising that it's over by €2 is that correct?

Thanks
    Al

Hi chasm

I see your bill is indeed €47.18 (exceeding €47 by 18 cent due to a peak time call)

Can you confirm how much you feel you have been overcharged please? From my understand you are advising that it's over by €2 is that correct?

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Yes, that is correct. The part period charges are confusing too, as they cover the period 2 - 4 Feb, which i paid on my previous bill (Rental on that bill was 5th Jan - 4th Feb), yet looking at this bill it looks like i was charged again for those days and then a discount applied? I don't normally have difficulty understanding the part period charges but this one has me stumped tbh.

• Advertisement

Waited all day to see whether I would receive a response here to my post, but as there have been no replies to any posts since around lunch time I will just go ahead and switch to a different provider, I shall of course contact CS and notify them that I am cancelling as I am still within the 14 day cooling of period and I do not intend wasting any more of my time on this matter.

Waited all day to see whether I would receive a response here to my post, but as there have been no replies to any posts since around lunch time I will just go ahead and switch to a different provider, I shall of course contact CS and notify them that I am cancelling as I am still within the 14 day cooling of period and I do not intend wasting any more of my time on this matter.
    Hi chasm

Apologies for the delays - can you take a call from me at approx 12.30 today?

Thanks

Al

Hi chasm

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Only after seeing this now, but i'm out and about all day today so i wouldn't have been able to take the call anyway.

TBH i don't feel that there is anything to discuss over the phone that could not have been put in a PM, I was told my package would be one price and got charged a higher price.  When i accepted the €45 package deal i was aware that there were cheaper options out there with other providers, but decided to stick with Eir as i thought it would be more straightforward and less hassle than switching!  I will contact CS later and also lodge my complaint.

Hi chasm

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

Only after seeing this now, but i'm out and about all day today so i wouldn't have been able to take the call anyway.

TBH i don't feel that there is anything to discuss over the phone that could not have been put in a PM, I was told my package would be one price and got charged a higher price.  When i accepted the €45 package deal i was aware that there were cheaper options out there with other providers, but decided to stick with Eir as i thought it would be more straightforward and less hassle than switching!  I will contact CS later and also lodge my complaint.
    No problem chasm

However, I am happy to help and if you change your mind I am happy to discus by PM

Thanks
    Al

Hi chasm

Thanks

Al
    Hi Alan,

No problem chasm

However, I am happy to help and if you change your mind I am happy to discus by PM

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

I have arrived home to find my paper bill has arrived. Upon reading this bill i note that there is additional information on it compared to the online pdf bill.

The paper bill states:
    "Some services may be pending or were changed at the time of billing. Your requested eircom bundle will be reflected on your next bill"

It is strange that the online bill does not contain this information, and if it had perhaps i could have saved myself (and you) some hassle! I phoned CS who state my next bill WILL be €45 and i queried whether i would receive a credit for the €2 overcharge on this bill and although not overly convinced with the response i received, the rep did state that i should phone CS if it is not given.

I really hope that it will be applied and i do not have to push for discount i was offered. €2 discount is not a huge amount, but as i stated previously there were cheaper options elsewhere, but i opted to stay with eir on the understanding that i would get the package at the price quoted.

Hopefully this is the end of it now and i can go back to 18 months stress free usage.

Thanks

Apologies for the delays chasm

Yes the new package of €45 did not go on your account before the most recent bill was prepared and your next bill will definitely reflect the €45 along with the discount that failed to appear on this months bill.

I will certainly pass on your feedback on the paper bill/online bill difference and I offer you an apology for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Al

Apologies for the delays chasm

Yes the new package of €45 did not go on your account before the most recent bill was prepared and your next bill will definitely reflect the €45 along with the discount that failed to appear on this months bill.

I will certainly pass on your feedback on the paper bill/online bill difference and I offer you an apology for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks
    Al
    So this months bill has now issued and i am again, for the second month running being overcharged.
     I renewed my contract after being offered the same packege i had been on for €45 a month, yet Eir have failed to keep to the price agreed. My previous package included :
    • Unlimited Off-Peak local and national calls
    • 30 mins free calls to all irish mobile operators.

On the current bill i have not only been overcharged for my bundle - €47 instead of €45 p/m, but i have also been charged €3.19  for a 9 minute phone call to a mobile on Sat 27th Feb - which should be within my bundle.

This is the second month in a row that Eir have overcharged me and despite assurances that it was sorted out it obviously wasnt, and as if that wasnt enough you them proceed to charge me for calls that should be included with my package. I would like this issue sorted once and for all as there is no way that i intend to go into a third month with your company if you are going to ignore it.

For reference the overcharging is as follows:
      Last month €2
      This month €5.19 (€2 for bundle and €3.19 mobile call)

Also what is the email address to lodge a complaint, i don't want to use the online contact us form as i would like a copy of the email for my own records

So this months bill has now issued and i am again, for the second month running being overcharged.
     I renewed my contract after being offered the same packege i had been on for €45 a month, yet Eir have failed to keep to the price agreed. My previous package included :
    • Unlimited Off-Peak local and national calls
    • 30 mins free calls to all irish mobile operators.

On the current bill i have not only been overcharged for my bundle - €47 instead of €45 p/m, but i have also been charged €3.19  for a 9 minute phone call to a mobile on Sat 27th Feb - which should be within my bundle.

This is the second month in a row that Eir have overcharged me and despite assurances that it was sorted out it obviously wasnt, and as if that wasnt enough you them proceed to charge me for calls that should be included with my package. I would like this issue sorted once and for all as there is no way that i intend to go into a third month with your company if you are going to ignore it.

For reference the overcharging is as follows:
      Last month €2
      This month €5.19 (€2 for bundle and €3.19 mobile call)

Also what is the email address to lodge a complaint, i don't want to use the online contact us form as i would like a copy of the email for my own records

Anyone?

Advertisement