Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First time driver , can I get insured with a van?

Options
  • 02-02-2016 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Just wondering If first time drivers can buy a van ? Someone told me that i cant , Im a 21 year old guy and learning how to drive , cant find any info out on internet! and have no phone for a few days to ring up insurance companys :) van would be ideal for me for work and maby throw a mattress in the back occasionaly haha .Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You can of course but you'll have no no claims when you swap to a car in a few years!
    They count commercial and domestic policies differently!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ahclassbai

YbFocus wrote: »
    You can of course but you'll have no no claims when you swap to a car in a few years!
    They count commercial and domestic policies differently!

ah right! nice one man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I think if you insure it privately, you can carry that bonus on to a car. Not 100% sure on that though.

..........or you could consider a small estate car, would probably have lower cc as well. What price are you expecting to pay. Premiums are mental for young drivers these days.

Advertisement