Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone else still waiting on a polling card?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

You dont need it to vote. Just photo id

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Owryan wrote: »
    Embarrassing listening to them. Some of them are talking out of their arse.

As for the guy presenting it........

He's absolutely woeful...has a really annoying voice that sounds fake every time he speaks, a total unnatural at radio/media if ever I heard one. KCLR has gone down the tubes, Sue Nunn badly missed. They need some young, dynamic presenters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Just voted, chatting to one of the people working there and she was saying it's been busier than they had expected, even with the miserable weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

I'll give my predictions for the seats for the craic, if anybody else would like to do the same work away. I'm going to go with John McGuinness FF, JP Phelan FG, Kathleen Funchion SF, Bobby Alyward FF & Jennifer Murnane O'Connor FF.
    Three Fianna Fail TD's is hard to believe but I think Jennifer will take Pat Deerings seat, if there is to be a Carlow seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

mickos wrote: »
    I'll give my predictions for the seats for the craic, if anybody else would like to do the same work away. I'm going to go with John McGuinness FF, JP Phelan FG, Kathleen Funchion SF, Bobby Alyward FF & Jennifer Murnane O'Connor FF.
    Three Fianna Fail TD's is hard to believe but I think Jennifer will take Pat Deerings seat, if there is to be a Carlow seat.

I would have guessed the same. The first 4 are home and dry. There'll be a mighty scrap for 5th spot but JMOC should benefit from transfers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Garda busy with a scissors at our polling station this morning,removing AAA posters at the gate.Even I know you can't post posters in front of a polling station!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Don't know how anyone can say with any conviction that Aylward and Funchion are home and dry, low turnout in Carlow town will hurt Funchion and Jennifer severely i'd guess. I'm going with McGuiness, JP Phelan, Deering, and any two of Aylward, Funchion or Anne Phelan. I can't see Jennifer getting in at all, shes a marmite candidate and not likely to get many transfers from Aylward or McGuinness except for the stalwart FF voters, better chance that Aylward benefits from transfers from McGuinness than Jennifer. Theres still a big anti-FF sentiment among voters from the last time they were in power and I'd be genuinely stunned if there were 3 FF candidates in Carlow-Kilkenny. I'd despair at the constituency if there was to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Seems like its FF and FG getting all the seats.

Jennifer murnane to take the carlow seat.

I'm shocked the AAA/PVP haven't gotten more votes!!!! These ppl are gonna go into parliment and break all their promises just like they always have done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

trixychic wrote: »
    I'm shocked the AAA/PVP haven't gotten more votes!!!!

Because people can see through their rhetoric populist garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Because people can see through their rhetoric populist garbage.

I trust them more then the other a-holes who have went in before them and fcuked up this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

trixychic wrote: »
    I trust them more then the other a-holes who have went in before them and fcuked up this country.

If you think the country is fcuked up now wait until you see what AAA-PBP would do to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

If you think the country is fcuked up now wait until you see what AAA-PBP would do to it.

True, they would ve made it worthwhile being on the dole, free everything, scrap taxes, jail the bankers, all the oil and gas off our coast would majically barrel itself and only the wealthy would be taxed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Phelan eliminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Didn't think ff would have gotten 3 seats. At least carlow should have the one seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

iano.p wrote: »
    Didn't think ff would have gotten 3 seats. At least carlow should have the one seat.

FF haven't got 3 seats yet

Last count now, 6,588 FG votes being re-distributed with Jennifer Murnane O'Connor sitting 1,696 votes ahead of Deering. Phelan will get most of those but Deering will get some too. 1,696 might be a bit too much for Deering to pull in. But it could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Laois_Man wrote: »
    FF haven't got 3 seats yet

Last count now, 6,588 FG votes being re-distributed with Jennifer Murnane O'Connor sitting 1,696 votes ahead of Deering. Phelan will get most of those but Deering will get some too. 1,696 might be a bit too much for Deering to pull in. But it could happen.

Pat Deering has not been elected, he is now about 1700 behind Jennifer Murnane-O'Connor after David Fitzgerald's elimination.

FF 3
    SF 1
    FG 1

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Pat Deering has not been elected, he is now about 1700 behind Jennifer Murnane-O'Connor after David Fitzgerald's elimination.

FF 3
    SF 1
    FG 1

Fitzgeralds votes haven't been distributed yet so its still in the balance, granted its a big deficit Deering has. That is unless you've inside information that no other media member has?

FF 3
    SF 1
    FG 1

I didn't say Deering was elected. I said he's still got a chance. He'll get some transfers from Fitzgerald's 6,588 votes which are being counted now. Jennifer Murnane O'Connor will get very few. Deering mightn't get enough - but he has a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

people have obviously forgiven FF for their lovely years in government.

• Advertisement

Actually, that wasn't the last count because Phelan got a ton of votes there and he has a sizeable 2,531 transfers, and Deering will get way more of them than anyone else and he's only 524 behind now. I think he'll get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

And Deering takes it comfortably in the end.

PR-STV really is an amazing system when you think about it, Kilkenny transfers ultimately deciding the Carlow seat and overturning the clear Carlow preference.

And Deering is elected with 1,630 votes to spare.

So we're left with 4 of the same 5 TDs we had 3 weeks ago. With Kathleen Funchion replacing Ann Phelan being the only difference in the end. It was all hardly worth the fuss.

And Deering is elected with 1,630 votes to spare.

So we're left with 4 of the same 5 TDs we had 3 weeks ago. With Kathleen Funchion replacing Ann Phelan being the only difference in the end. It was all hardly worth the fuss.
    Still no representation for Carlow!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

@foggy_lad Is Pat Deering not Carlow based, he isn't Kilkenny based or if he is I have never seen him.

Still no representation for Carlow!

Deering :confused:

radharc wrote: »
    Deering :confused:

Has ever only been out for himself!

radharc wrote: »
    And Deering takes it comfortably in the end.

PR-STV really is an amazing system when you think about it, Kilkenny transfers ultimately deciding the Carlow seat and overturning the clear Carlow preference.

It's a General Election not a Local Election. I prefer to look at it as a FG preference ultimately overturning a lesser FF preference and I'm fine with that.

(Despite my username, I now live in, and vote in Carlow)

It's a General Election not a Local Election. I prefer to look at it as a FG preference ultimately overturning a lesser FF preference and I'm fine with that.

(Despite my username, I now live in, and vote in Carlow)

Yes it's a General Election but it is unusual that the preferences of Kilkenny voters ultimately decided the Carlow seat (in clear discord with Carlow voter preferences).

• Advertisement

Has ever only been out for himself!

Would you like to elaborate on that statement?

We've a poor choice of candidate here in Carlow and Deering is by far the lesser of two evils. Jennifer is a "fix the roads" candidate and i'd think its better for FF in the long run to have Fintan Phelan coming up next GE who'll have a great chance of taking Deering out. I'd rather have an FG representative in any case and i'm no FG supporter. Anyone who thinks Jennifer is a good Councillor let alone good TD is delusional at best.

Advertisement