Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machine not posting

Options
  • 02-02-2016 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I have a motherboard which turns on fine and powers my graphics card fans - I never get any beeps from it though or see anything on the display....

I have tried 3 different graphics cards. I've cleared the capacitors. I've checked the voltages on the atx connector....

I've tried another cpu. I've tried two power supplies with both being well capable of providing enough power. The only thing is that the motherboard "may" have been exposed to some moisture as it was stored in the garage (in house) exposed to the elements....it can get quite cold there but I know the graphics cards work and they were there tooo....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I Have drives ide and sata 500gig , 80gig, 5 years old drives 3.5inch unused ,still work fine after been left in A cold garage,
    with no heating for 12 months .

My advice is buy a new motherboard ,
    Have you got powered speakers plugged into mother board .
    to listen for beeps .
    I turned on central heating for an hour before using the old hard drives
    A small drop of condensation can short out a motherboard .
    is there any marks on the motherboard ,
    black marks ,which may indicate a damaged component .
    Did you make sure it was 100 per cent dry before plugging it in.
    if mobo is damaged it could destroy any graphics card or cpu,s plugged into it .
    Unless you are a tech expert theres no easy way of testing the motherboard .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Have you tried plugging your monitor directly into a motherboard port rather than gfx card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Some motherboards may have an onboard graphics chip ,
    with a vga or hdmi or dvi video out port .
    Which can be used to connect to a monitor .

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like you've tried everything except RAM? Assuming the memory is known good its safe to say its dead.

Advertisement