Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback policy

Options
  • 02-02-2016 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a hotel voucher from pigsback few days ago, their 5 points promise that I received by email are:

-Refund for change of mind (within 14 days)
    -Credit for unused vouchers (70% within 30 days of expiry)
    -Got a problem? We'll sort it
    -Free credit for referring friends
    -We're Irish and we pledge great customer support

I have to admit that when I read these 5 points I felt super happy and protected. I reserved the hotel for next month and then I received an email stating that I need to add 100 EUR extra for 2 kids, I initially thought it was a 50 EUR only so I didn't want to go ahead with my booking and I decided to claim a refund.

I was surprised that I couldn't file a refund within their system as I kept receiving a message stating that my voucher has been redeemed :confused:
    I contacted them by email and they insisted that indeed my voucher was redeemed as I made a booking with them.

Pigsback are failing to keep their promise, this is false advertisement, false promise and poor customer service. What are my options here in order to get 100% refund? Is a chargeback with my bank the only option? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I've used pigsback many times to book hotel stays and you usually 'use' your voucher as soon as you communicate it to the hotel. Did you tell the hotel that you don't want to go ahead with the booking and want a refund? If not then it's normal that it would show under redeemed vouchers and obviously pigsback won't give you a refund for something you've used. If you did tell the hotel then contact them (hotel ) again and let them know that the voucher is showing as redeemed and you can't get a refund as long as that's the case. I don't think this is really pigs back's fault from what you have said, and if you try a charge back the bank will probably just tell you to sort it out with the vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

miezekatze wrote: »
    I've used pigsback many times to book hotel stays and you usually 'use' your voucher as soon as you communicate it to the hotel. Did you tell the hotel that you don't want to go ahead with the booking and want a refund? If not then it's normal that it would show under redeemed vouchers and obviously pigsback won't give you a refund for something you've used. If you did tell the hotel then contact them (hotel ) again and let them know that the voucher is showing as redeemed and you can't get a refund as long as that's the case. I don't think this is really pigs back's fault from what you have said, and if you try a charge back the bank will probably just tell you to sort it out with the vendor.

Hotel was contacted, they can't refund as the booking was made with Pigsback and the money is with Pigsback, the hotel explained to me that Pigsback policy is that they need to be contacted for all refunds and not the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

alwald wrote: »
    Hotel was contacted, they can't refund as the booking was made with Pigsback and the money is with Pigsback, the hotel explained to me that Pigsback policy is that they need to be contacted for all refunds and not the hotel.

Oh OK, but it seems they haven't fed back to pigsback that you're not using the voucher, at least thats what it sounds like to me. Did you get written confirmation from the hotel that the booking is cancelled? Maybe try passing that on to pigsback? Hope you can get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

miezekatze wrote: »
    Oh OK, but it seems they haven't fed back to pigsback that you're not using the voucher, at least thats what it sounds like to me. Did you get written confirmation from the hotel that the booking is cancelled? Maybe try passing that on to pigsback? Hope you can get it sorted.

Well Pigsback need to start reading their customer's emails, then replying to them with accurate information instead of a basic copy and paste from their policy.

I am waiting for an answer from them, the hotel crowd were grand and said that a cancellation is easy, the refund is the tricky part.

Advertisement