Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Eir only responsible for roadway lines?

Options
  • 02-02-2016 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Just a general query, are Eir only responsible for the lines running along the road? And is it normal to just call a general builder out to connect the lines coming from the pole? (As explained poorly by an Eir service guy) I don't want to go to the expense of calling out a builder if a telecoms person is required

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Can anybody confirm if its ok for me to have a builder working on Eir lines on a public roadway? For the line to be replaced 1 foot either side of the fault the builder will be working on the public roadway. Nobody seems to be able to clarify/confirm this for me. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Really doubt it. Eir own and are responsible for their network infrastructure and only they can work on it.
    Not just on the public roadway either. They're responsible for your line right up to the NTU (master socket) in your house.

You probably could be prosecuted for interfering with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Really doubt it. Eir own and are responsible for their network infrastructure and only they can work on it.
    Not just on the public roadway either. They're responsible for your line right up to the NTU (master socket) in your house.

You probably could be prosecuted for interfering with it.

Really? Interestingly Gina from the service department told me this morning that I could get my husband with no electrical or telecoms experience to replace the cable for me.

Thanks for your reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

horsefarm wrote: »
    Just a general query, are Eir only responsible for the lines running along the road? And is it normal to just call a general builder out to connect the lines coming from the pole? (As explained poorly by an Eir service guy) I don't want to go to the expense of calling out a builder if a telecoms person is required
    Hi horsefarm

I have replied to your other thread on your issues : http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057553279/2

Thanks
    AL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement