Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City vs Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

niallo27 wrote: »
    In fairness to Lecister their luck is in. Get completely dominated and two really lucky goals

They're top of the league, it's more than luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Big ben not even in the box... jeez we've píssed away some cash....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Why is anyone surprised at this ? This has been the story all season.

Klopp is to be judged next season but he's certainly not setting the world alight this season. He's getting absolutely nothing out of the bunch of misfits we have .

Bit early for that no? He's not even had a transfer window let alone much time to get to much in terms of a proper weeks of training sessions in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What does Allen have to do to start? Cut his ****ing beard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Benteke ambling into the box behind the ball and 4 other liverpool players....fcuk sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

murpho999 wrote: »
    They're top of the league, it's more than luck.

Tonight I'm talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bit early for that no? He's not even had a transfer window let alone much time to get to much in terms of a proper weeks of training sessions in.

A transfer window just shut yesterday. We got Caulker. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Why is anyone surprised at this ? This has been the story all season.

Klopp is to be judged next season but he's certainly not setting the world alight this season. He's getting absolutely nothing out of the bunch of misfits we have .

We had a transfer window to try and get some quality in but we didn't......seems naive now really, I know people will say the players probably weren't available but I'd argue there are plenty available that would be an upgrade to the ****e at this club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

dogbert27 wrote: »
    This is just embarrassing. Terrible from Sahko trying to clear his line.

Moreno swings a leg at the intial shot.

AND GOD DAMN IT STOP SHOWING ROY FLIPPING HODGSON!!! :mad:

At least Hodgson was never our manager but hopefully he will get a suitable position further up the east Lancs road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Everyone saying we've dominated. We've done fxuk all. We kept the ball from a team who don't care that we have it.

They know we won't score. They know they can hit us on the break. We've tapped the ball around the Leicester box for 75 mins without ever really entering the box or creating a chance.

Pathetic . Klopp must shoulder some of the blame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm finding it hard to be annoyed at this game. That goal was just so good and I really hope they win the league, would be amazing if they could hang on

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to be annoyed at this game. That goal was just so good and I really hope they win the league, would be amazing if they could hang on

I'm not.

as a team we've no pace... Leicester have plenty of pace.....easy peasy...

Tonight I'm talking about

Me too, good teams take their chances.

Often see good teams just get a few chances in a game but take them. It's crucial and it's not luck.

Liverpool controlled earlier but never really threatened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Half the Liverpool team needs to go :mad:

Thank you Brendan Rodgers and the transfer committee.

• Advertisement

Top 4 is long gone so losing this doesn't actually make **** all odds. Time to concentrate completely on cups.

Love if Leicester win the league

Huth - never moves out of the way of a shot... make sure it hits him every time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'm starting to really dislike Benteke....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Here's the truth, we are worse this season than last and our league position will reflect that.

Not saying that it's all Klopp's fault but he hasn't really worked out how to use the squad he has.

Season is a write off.

8-10 wrote: »

Bollox to that I'm ****ing raging with this ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Waddle , sees replay still says it's a corner
    FUCCKING idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Here's the truth, we are worse this season than last and our league position will reflect that.

Not saying that it's all Klopp's fault but he hasn't really worked out how to use the squad he has.

Season is a write off.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Top 4 is long gone so losing this doesn't actually make **** all odds. Time to concentrate completely on cups.

That's all well and good, but this game, and the last 24 months plus, gives me little hope for the cups.

I can't believe all our hopes still rest on Sturridge being fit. That's criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Its early February and the top 4 is beyond Liverpools reach.

We are in a worse situation than Utd.

Season is a write off.

in fairness he has had a lot of injuries ffs ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

allen in challenging for a cross, benteke standing watching him

Me too, good teams take their chances.

Often see good teams just get a few chances in a game but take them. It's crucial and it's not luck.

Liverpool controlled earlier but never really threatened.

Volley from 35 yards out is not really taking your chances. It's a miracle goal that happens one in 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Kante is magnificent.

mikeym wrote: »
    Half the Liverpool team needs to go :mad:

Thank you Brendan Rodgers and the transfer committee.

Imagine if Leicester followed that advice in the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I wonder if Gary Mac brought his kit along. We need a proper midfielder

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »

I can't believe all our hopes still rest on Sturridge being fit. That's criminal.

Aye we gotta make sure we are not relying on him next season.. if he cant play get him out...

Knex. wrote: »
    That's all well and good, but this game, and the last 24 months plus, gives me little hope for the cups.

Our transfer dealings are another matter.The club are being run by incomponents.

The €100 Anfield seats should keep them happy next season though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Good job we hired a top class manager
    If we had the likes of a Martinez in charge he'd be sacked by now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

In fairness to Lecister their luck is in. Get completely dominated and two really lucky goals

I saw one of Vardys goals , more than luck, it was excellent, made a fool of the goalie

Volley from 35 yards out is not really taking your chances. It's a miracle goal that happens one in 50

It was not a lucky goal though, it was a great finish from a great striker.

I don't know what you're on about, Leicester are 2-0 up, deserve it and are clearly a better side than us.

16 points ahead now in the league proves that as well.

Stewart is a P.I.L.F
    Is he on bench?

f*******************************************************************************************8
    ********************************************************************************************
    ********************************************************************************************k

off moreno

Could Migs positioning have been better for Vardys 1st?

f*******************************************************************************************8
    ********************************************************************************************
    ********************************************************************************************k

off moreno

• Advertisement

my friend wrote: »
    I saw one of Vardys goals , more than luck, it was excellent, made a fool of the goalie

You're not my friend....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Good job we hired a top class manager
    If we had the likes of a Martinez in charge he'd be sacked by now

Sarcasm? Hard to tell... but if you don't think Klopp deserves time i don't know what to say. He hasn't even bought one player...

It was not a lucky goal though, it was a great finish from a great striker.

I don't know what you're on about, Leicester are 2-0 up, deserve it and are clearly a better side than us.

16 points ahead now in the league proves that as well.

I just think they are very lucky to be winning this game. They have hardly created a chance all game. Fair play to them for taking their chances I just think they have been lucky

I just think they are very lucky to be winning this game. They have hardly created a chance all game. Fair play to them for taking their chances I just think they have been lucky

Neither goal was lucky and we have done nothing.

Good teams often win against the run of play too as they can't play brilliant in every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Sarcasm? Hard to tell... but if you don't think Klopp deserves time i don't know what to say. He hasn't even bought one player...

I'm saying if we hired a journey man manager he would be under serious pressure now
    But klopp has a massive job on his hand mignolet skittle lovern sakho Moreno all need shipped out and that before we get to midfield

Can't really to see LOLana out of this club just not good enough...

concentrate on the cups... if we dont get into Europe it might do us no harm again... next season, buy a lot of pace... and forget about the cups and just concentrate on the league...

• Advertisement

Can't really wait to see LOLana out of this club just not good enough...

concentrate on the cups... if we dont get into Europe it might do us no harm again... next season, buy a lot of pace... and forget about the cups and just concentrate on the league...

It's simple, really.

Leicester do the simple things well, positioning, blocking, tackling, passing.

We don't.

The more Leicester win the less likely it is Man United get a top 4
    Every cloud.

Liverpool V United
    Europa League final
    Winner takes it all

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well in Leicester.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

my friend wrote: »

To clarify it was his first goal, his second goal was out of hard work and not quitting by a few Leicester players, also no leadership in Pool defence , it was opportunity out of a situation where Liverpool players failed to defend their turf

• Advertisement
Advertisement