Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian or Sit-on?

Options
  • 02-02-2016 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi folks
    I'm looking for a two-seater and wondering if I should go for a sit-on or a Canadian style.
    I want to use it for pure recreational paddling on rivers and lakes on calm days. Nothing too adventurous and on a limited budget. We are no spring chickens so I think something relatively comfortable. Therefore I am thinking maybe a two-seat sit-on type canoe is right for us...am I on the right track?

Also - what should I look for with regard to buoyancy aids?

Finally, what problems should I look for and how much should I expect to pay for a reasonable condition boat?
    Many thanks!
    APW
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

apw99 wrote: »
    Hi folks
    I'm looking for a two-seater and wondering if I should go for a sit-on or a Canadian style.
    I want to use it for pure recreational paddling on rivers and lakes on calm days. Nothing too adventurous and on a limited budget. We are no spring chickens so I think something relatively comfortable. Therefore I am thinking maybe a two-seat sit-on type canoe is right for us...am I on the right track?

Also - what should I look for with regard to buoyancy aids?

Finally, what problems should I look for and how much should I expect to pay for a reasonable condition boat?
    Many thanks!
    APW

Sounds like a sit on top is what you're after. The Canadian style canoes can be tough on the knees :eek:

give the guys in I-Canoe a shout in relation to buoyancy aids, they won't steer you wrong. www.i-canoe.ie

Advertisement