Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The North Face jackets

• 02-02-2016 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Anyone know who stocks The North Face men's jackets in Limerick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

River Deep Mountain High, Patrick Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

JD Sports have had a small selection in recently oddly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

You are better heading up to Kildare Village to The North Face outlet shop. You'll get a jacket at half the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

You can get them online from northface.eu, 53degreesnorth & Amazon uk if you want a better choice of colours/sizes/styles. River Deep Mountain High have a really narrow selection and usually only stock the black jackets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

TK MAXX might be worth a shot! They usually have a fairly good selection of branded jackets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Bought a Berghaus fleece today in River Deep. Small selection but found one I liked.

Should have waited as I'm planning a trip to Kildare Village shortly but had the impulse to get one sooner.

My old fleece jacket was taken from my local last Sunday night week while I was having a few pints with a friend :mad:......not sure if it was on purpose or by accident but it wasn't handed back up to yesterday so I decided to replace it. I suppose I'd have done better to wait and get one cheaper as advised above but sure when you get the notion in your head to buy a garment, it can't wait....

p.s. Tried TK MAXX but as usual they had every size jacket except L which I needed. That place never ceases to annoy me.......I can never find the right size in anything and I'm a fairly average L in most things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Just be very careful when buying North Face stuff as there are a lot of fakes around. On a genuine NF, there are 3 or 4 hanging tags and 1 of those will have a shiny hologram on it, very similar to what is on the back of a debit or credit card. The other thing to check is that the "R" in North is of a very distinctive typeface and not a bog standard "R". If you are in doubt, go into RDMH and have a look at the genuine ones. I was in a very reputable shop in October (not in Limerick) and they had a rack of NF stuff and as far as I could tell, they were all fake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Are you referring to a little squiggle at the bottom right of the 'R'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Not sure I'd call it a squiggle but yes that the distinctive part. Another thing to check is that all of the stitching is perfect on a genuine item, if stitches are missed or out of line even slightly, there's a chance it's a fake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

TK Maxx have them sometimes. River Deep and possibly Emerald. I would buy online if I could - far better prices.

Last time I was in TK Maxx they had some Haglofs stuff - even better quality than NF and well priced in TK Maxx.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

TK Maxx have them sometimes. River Deep and possibly Emerald. I would buy online if I could - far better prices.

Last time I was in TK Maxx they had some Haglofs stuff - even better quality than NF and well priced in TK Maxx.

Advertisement