Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISS visible?

Options
  • 02-02-2016 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've been teaching my class about space and they are really into it.
    It is easy to spot the ISS in the sky? How can I help them continue their enthusiasm?! (12 year olds!)
    Any particularly cool videos to show? I showed one of a tour on the ISS already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

If you have an android phone or tablet, download ISS Detector from google play store. It lists when the ISS (and other satellites) are visible, their brightness and an animated real time graphic as they are visible passing overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

If you have an android phone or tablet, download ISS Detector from google play store. It lists when the ISS (and other satellites) are visible, their brightness and an animated real time graphic as they are visible passing overhead.

Thank you, will download that tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

You should have a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/iss

If anything is happening with the ISS it'll be discussed there.

I don't know if it's a good idea to be sending 12 year olds to reddit as it's very lightly moderated. The ISS subreddit should be fine though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

ISS Boards Thread here

Advertisement