Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

She told me it wouldn't dry out my skin?

Options
  • 02-02-2016 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I went for a mini facial recently and wanted some advice on skincare, and she highly recommended Image products so I decided to buy the cleanser. I asked her if it would dry out my skin because this has happened with cleansers in the past and she assured me it wouldn't. So I bought it but wasn't given a receipt, just my debit card receipt, but as I was in a rush I just left.

Then I got home and read the back of the cleanser which said "may cause extreme dryness". I'm now really annoyed because I already have dry skin and she told me it wouldn't have this side effect.

Is there anything that can be done, considering I've no receipt? As a side note, does anyone use Image products and find them drying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Hi guys

I went for a mini facial recently and wanted some advice on skincare, and she highly recommended Image products so I decided to buy the cleanser. I asked her if it would dry out my skin because this has happened with cleansers in the past and she assured me it wouldn't. So I bought it but wasn't given a receipt, just my debit card receipt, but as I was in a rush I just left.

Then I got home and read the back of the cleanser which said "may cause extreme dryness". I'm now really annoyed because I already have dry skin and she told me it wouldn't have this side effect.

Is there anything that can be done, considering I've no receipt? As a side note, does anyone use Image products and find them drying?

You don't need a receipt, you just have to provide proof of purchase which is covered by your debit card receipt.
    If it's not open just go back to the same girl and explain why you want to return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bring it back. your debit card receipt should be proof enough. You were sold and recommended a product that doesn't suit your skin. There should be no problem either getting another cleanser or a refund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

As above.

But there are some great products in the Image range so don't lose total faith. Maybe just buy off someone else who is a bit more knowledgeable next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

As above.

But there are some great products in the Image range so don't lose total faith. Maybe just buy off someone else who is a bit more knowledgeable next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I wonder what the drying ingredient was in the Image product you bought? If you can find out what it was you can steer clear of it in future if it appears in other brands. Was it the Image balancing facial cleanser or was it the Image Ageless total cleanser (Paulaschoice.com did a review)

• Advertisement
Advertisement