Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Running Gear 2016 Imminent in March?

Options
  • 03-02-2016 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

I read somewhere Lidl would be having running gear specials in early March 2016 - anyone confirm that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

uvox wrote: »
    I read somewhere Lidl would be having running gear specials in early March 2016 - anyone confirm that?
    Don't think they advertise much in advance - nothing on their website beyond 8 Feb yet

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

Happening on the third of March

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=730

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Cheers. I'll get the sleeping bag out and be outside the one on Thomas Street the night before.

Kathryn Thomas, move over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

shoes any good?

yankinlk wrote: »
    shoes any good?

I'll stick with my Hokas for now. In all honesty I never tried their shoes. Perhaps others can comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Any one know what the difference between the two running trousers is?

Need a new pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Marcin B

Don't buy the MEDISANA® Bluetooth Heart Rate Strap. We got two of them and both are crap. I've compared them against Polar H7 and an optical sensor. When both H7 and the optical sensor showed 46 bpm, the Lidl sensors were fluctuating between 90 to 140.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I bought the running bag yesterday, happy enough with it (can't complain for 9 quid anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Went in to check out the shorts. No lining. Pfftt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

aoboa wrote: »
    Went in to check out the shorts. No lining. Pfftt.

maybe they expect you to wear leggings under them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

RayCun wrote: »
    maybe they expect you to wear leggings under them ;)

Ha - a cunning sales strategy. German ingenuity at its finest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Anyone getting one of these to help blast out the tunes on the long runs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

gucci wrote: »
    Anyone getting one of these to help blast out the tunes on the long runs?

thats definitely one way of getting around a races "no headphones" rule :P

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Anyone get them socks? How do they compare to Hilly Socks or 1000 mile socks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Anyone get them socks? How do they compare to Hilly Socks or 1000 mile socks?

I've complained about what I thought was poor quality of Lidl stuff before, but I found a reasonably new pair of socks of theirs in my cubby recently and started wearing them again but I'm starting to get hot spots on my little toe. Maybe it's a coincidence but I reckon that's why they looked new when I found them, I stopped wearing them because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I use their socks all the time, used to use Hilly and 1000 mile socks.

To be honest I found no difference except the costs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, which is why I qualified my point by saying I think they're poor quality, rather than saying they are poor quality. I know of other people who wear them fine like yourself, but they just don't seem to work for me. Maybe my feet just have expensive tastes but they never had an issue with the likes of Hilly. I might have to skip todays run as my toe is sore now even walking.

I might also be poisoned to their gear because I bought one of their cycling rain jackets a couple of years ago and wore it on a drizzily summers evening. It was like wearing bloody crepe paper, it was horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

The socks can be random, over the years they've have some great ones (ones I use for racing and some compression ones that are great in the winter), but there's no guarantee that you'll see identical ones again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yeah, which is why I qualified my point by saying I think they're poor quality, rather than saying they are poor quality. I know of other people who wear them fine like yourself, but they just don't seem to work for me. Maybe my feet just have expensive tastes but they never had an issue with the likes of Hilly. I might have to skip todays run as my toe is sore now even walking.

I might also be poisoned to their gear because I bought one of their cycling rain jackets a couple of years ago and wore it on a drizzily summers evening. It was like wearing bloody crepe paper, it was horrible.

Some of their stuff can be really miss and hit, especially their version of under armour and running tights.

They have a great green men's running jacket that would be cool for a Saint Patrick's Day/Festival run. Not bad on the fashion stakes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement